Ubuntu Linux

Is Ubuntu really that bad?

It's the Applebee's of Linux distros.

As an Applebee's employee, I would like to inform you that Ubuntu is the Chipotle of Linux Distro's.

It's laggy, poorly designed, Spyware and generally aids

As a Chipotle employee, I would like to inform you that Ubuntu is the Subway of Linux Distro's.

As a Subway employee, I would like to inform you that Ubuntu is the KFC of Linux Distro's.

Like the only wide fast food chain that serves some genuine non-ground meat that isnt made out of mistery goo, and is spicy?

Sounds like a good thing.

It is now that it uses GNOME.

t. kfc shill

>Is Ubuntu really that bad?

dunno where you got that idea. it's simply the best linux distro in existence. Either for servers or end user desktops.

As a Subway employee, I would like to inform you that Ubuntu is the Olive Garden of Linux Distro's.

I ordered two chicken littles the other day and I only got one. I hope those faggots have their store burned down.

Enjoy eating mutant chickens with six wings and eight legs. That is, bread with some bones inside and a little meat to pick off.

>little meat to pick off.
>Eating meat in 2017
LOL

it just werkz so i use it
keep ricing your arch or gentoo installs and stay mad

As an Olive Garden employee, I would like to inform you that Ubuntu is the Circuit City of Linux Distro's.

just join the comfy club already, opensuse + gnome best thing i've ever used in my life

>>>/reddit/

I'm just a normie but I was forced to use ubuntu in the Air Force. I decided to use Ubuntu at home because I didn't like windows ten. I've had no issues adjusting. It works flawlessly for my needs.

nope

Truly cancer ...

true

it's the windows of linux world, whatever that means it's accurate enough. not to be trusted.

The last LTS release might be the only one worth using anymore (Unity actually got to be pretty stellar and damn stable, and it was the dumbest move on Canonical's part to ditch it). We'll see if they make GNOME3 usable OOTB in 18.04, but if not, anyone looking at Ubuntu should seriously be considering Xubuntu, Ubuntu MATE, or some other Ubuntu derivative / fancy debian-based distro.

alphas fux; beta buxs - da thread

it does things out of the box that other distros don't. Like connecting to your BT headset without you having to google for 3 hours on "how to connect my BT headset".

>using budgie
>on anything but solus
pleb-tier tbqhwyfamilia

Ew. Get your shit together, Grayson!

>Is Ubuntu really that bad?

No it's not. If you have either too much time or have severe self esteem issues you can ditch it, otherwise it's a good choice. I distro hopped for a long time and eventually realized the distro with the most users, support and useful defaults saves you time and work.
If you think of an OS as a hobby go and try different distros.

Fedora or Debian and please give a reason why

It's the best disto.
I've been using Xubuntu for years and never really had any problems with it. Sometimes I hop to other distros like openSUSE, Fedora, Arch, etc. Just to come back to Ubuntu and feel this just werk thingy. Bad things about Ubuntu are: botnet Unity (which is finally dead) and APT which is kinda inflexible and feels lacking compared to something like Zypper (openPEPE package manager).

If you don't play games and like to learn about the Red Hat side of servers with excellent official documentations go with Fedora.
If you might install a lot of packages, want to have access to a lot information from the community and learn about the Debian side of servers go with Ubuntu.

Upgrades are supposed to work better on Fedora but Ubuntu has LTS.

Yes ubunu is a horible piece of shit ahht

It's the only distro anyone should be using

Ubuntu is the best. They took the best distro and gave it a good installer, predictable release cycle and tested integration. They turned Gnome2 into somethine anyone would want to use, they work closely with OEMs to get PC hardware supported. Their server OS has some great meta configs for complex services, and while they have made some missteps at least Canonical can admit fault and move forward.

Compare that with Redhate:

>pulseaudio
>systemd
>arbitrarily deprecating standard unix utils like ifconfig
>business driver for GTK3
>have to pay for patches

Redhat can burn in hell they would screw us all in a heartbeat if they could.

yep go for unbuntu MATE, best distro IMO

Agree MATE is very polished on Ubuntu and it's just like Ubuntu used to be, not that I had a real problem with Unity.

Fucking redditor posers shitting on Ubuntu. Ubuntu is fine and has the best support unless you pay for red hat Linux.

I had a Ubuntu install rolling from 7.10 through to 14.04 and never had any problem ever. The only reason I reinstalled is to switch to 64-bit. DPKG based distros are just more resilient against package fuckups and managing deps.

>have to pay for patches
You pay for support from Red Hat. You can even download "development" copies of RHEL for free if you want. Hell, CentOS is basically RHEL without the branding. The rest can agree with though.

(You)

subway got caught in a scandal here in canada recently

turns out their 'chicken' is 50% soy.

No, however Gnome3 desktop makes it shit. So either use 16.04 or install unity7/xfce on newer versions.

I wish it was as good as OSX. However it's still the best the Linux world has to offer.

In b4 muh awesum arch hacker desktop screenfetch with ultra rare tiling windows manager butthurt.

you leafs burned down every subway franchise and the head office for this obvious act of deliberate poisoning/betrayal right?
anyway use fedora it just werks

>can't resize snapped window (only horizontally)
>can't have a native keyboard layouts widget
>inconsistent out of the box theming
>MATE Tweak crashes half the time
>polished
No, thanks. Xfce is far more polished and usable.

Xfce is one of my favorites. My other favorite would have to be Cinnamon.

It's just a fact. Mate is as much unnecessary as LXDE. In fact given that for instance same panel applets work on both Mate and Xfce, Mate should just merge with Xfce into one DE tailored for everyone who doesn't want to deal with cancerous alternatives like Gnome3 and KDE.

>stop liking what I don't like

>random strawman

One nice thing about Ubuntu is you can easily install desktop environments in parallel and switch between them at will.

Vanilla Ubuntu 17.10? Yeah. Canonical disabled/removed all the stuff that makes GNOME 3 somewhat usable. Why switch to a third-party DE if you're not going to include the dependencies for all of the extras that are available for it? It doesn't make any logical sense to me.
There are others reason why it's cancer, put that's the main reason I hate it.

But Solus is just ubuntu with less documentation

They should have used KDE and developed KDE so it's less buggy

Updates from 17.04 to 17.10 and everything broke
0/10 would not recommend

20 IQ detected

no. Sup Forums is just full of spergs who shill for gentoo because it's funny

>he doesn't inspect the work of minimum wage employees before leaving
sounds like you're fucking retarded m8

It's funny because it costs me just a few seconds to recreate that Budgie desktop on xfce. :-)

KDE's a cool DE, but I don't believe Canonical would devote enough resources to help fix it. The big reason they switched in the first place was to save $$$.

poor fag detected!

I Tried to install it and it told me i wasn't in UEFI mode and I was like wtf is UEFI. Turnes out that UEFI has something to do with the bios. WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH INSTALLING THE OS.

rtfm

>pulseaudio
used by default in ubuntu
>systemd
used by default in ubuntu
>arbitrarily deorecating standard unix utils like ifconfig
can you guess who fell for that one too?
>business driver for gtk3
>have to pay for patches

3/5, ubuntu is a shithat wannabe, when cannonical gets their shit together and realize they need to go in their own direction (and by that I do not mean to create a fucking standard on their own like Mir) that's when they'll stop being shit.

openSUSE + KDE is super comfy. Even thumbnail preview in Firefox's file picker "just works"

>food analogies
IMAGINE BEING SO FAT YOU LOOK AT A COMPUTER AND SEE FOOD

Nah, it is pretty much an "ok" OS.
Just uninstall apport and the amazon shit.

just use Xubuntu. it is an Ubuntu that uses xfce instead of unity/gnome, and is super lightweight and somewhat customizeable.
see pic