Tfw our lead programmer is a code formatting autist

>tfw our lead programmer is a code formatting autist

He didnt even seen and understand my very efficient 10/10 function yet he insist renaming all of my variables and methods

Other urls found in this thread:

comma.guide/vocative-comma/
owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/34/
owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/37/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

screw him dude

OP if you do this:
int x, y, z, m, c, d;
Your code is an unmaintainable nightmare.

>Can't into grammar.
KYS

Post an example of your code.

this

It is 100% maintainable if you're not working with retards who can't into reading.

My lead programmer used replace on the whole project to change variable names from "log" to "m_log". One of the files was .gitignore and he commited a bunch of logs in.

Well, show us how you format your code, user.

Test your mettle.

All those minutes reading into the whole context to get what a variable does end up adding up. Not even you will remember what you variable does given enough time.
Single letter variable names are poor format with the exception of:
c for getchar because everyone does this due to cargo culting K&R
i, j, k as loop counters
x, y, z for dimensions or x for a mathematical function.

Post the code

>tfwbone of the programmers on my team is a """""rockstar""""" autist.

He doesn't care about teamwork, or maintainability, can't even stick to basic conventions. Thinks that his code is so special that everyone else should waste their time sitting down to parse his special snowflake variable and method names.

This is how novice programmers code - Don't make this mistake bra

dumb frogposter

>Working with a team of other human beings
>lol I'll just name all my shit however I want haha

It's a job you autist. Nobody cares about clever solutions, the most important thing is maintainability which means that everyone needs to conform to the style guide.

That is why he is a lead programmer. A good programmer finds clever solutions, a GREAT programmer follow the style guide and makes other people follow the style guide. That is the most important part in industry even if your algorithm is shit you still make great code if it follows the style guide because someone can easily improve the algo.

90% of creating great code is conforming to the corporate style guide.

Fuck off you fucking beginner programming noob. I would fire someone like you.

>It's an "OP is human cancer"-thread

comma.guide/vocative-comma/
owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/34/
owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/37/

Give me one good reason he shouldn't type "It's a job, you autist; nobody cares about clever solutions."

Programmers have style?

Yes. The semicolon can be used to connect closely related ideas in one sentence. It's recommended but not mandatory.

all you're saying is that you write shit code.

Anyone who doesn't use proper variable names is a either slow typer, an idiot, or both

the good ones tend to od

Style is really important if you want other people to be able to maintain your code!

Your job is to understand your very efficient 10/10 function. His job is to make sure the code is legible and maintainable. Sounds like you're both doing your jobs. The only difference is that your job also includes listening to and learning from what he tells you to do.

>yet he insist renaming all of my variables and methods
I told you to stop naming them after anime girls.

Thanks... Is it an excuse that I am Norwegian? But I really should not make mistakes like that, I'm an educated man. I will make sure that I will put every comma in the correct spot from now on.