Are Mac users a meme?

Would you respect someone that owned a mac and calledhimself a coder? (Ignore the price tag)
Actually curious, are they that bad? Ive never used or seen one in use before
t. poorfag

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0o8BjH2YlOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah.
I know one guy who had a macbook gifted to him but he sold it to buy a real laptop

Well other than the price tag of mac's. I doubt most people really have an issue with mac's I mean mac os seems comfy af.

>implying you want plebs to use your wireless mouse as a wired mouse
What's it like being poor?

In the end, you are just paying more for less, and you will never have top performance, other than that, they are laptops that does what most people needs.

It depends on how deep the guy claims he codes.

I wouldn't respect any man that owns a mac because it's a symbol of homosexuality and last time I checked that means you're burning in hell for all eternity.

I use macOS on my MBP and Xubuntu on my workstation. macOS is definitively comfy as fuck, while still being a NIX at its core.

So in short: you suck cocks on an hourly basis?

I don't use mac, I already spend too much on cardboard to buy overpriced laptops with a terrible OS.

>wanting convenience means you suck cocks
I will never understand this meme.

Begins good machines, but fanboys believe super because had one...

Jealousy and sour grapes.

>while still being a NIX at its core

People don't use "NIX" because of its core, they use it because it is a superb environment with great flexibility and power UP FRONT. Talking about a thing's "core" is what a complete knownothing would say. I like a car that I can interface with well and lets me drive it, I don't generally care what the "core" of the car is, which I don't see and might as well be fairy dust.

>Would you respect someone that owned a mac and calledhimself a coder?
No, I'd respect a Mac owner who called himself a programmer though. Well, given he can program.

I've never been into apple products for obvious reasons, but I can appreciate their industrial design and some of their products are pretty nice (2015 macbook pro for example)

out CTO uses a macbook and is the best coder I know

I don't respect or disrespect people based on their personal computer purchases. Who cares?

Did you have a fucking stroke?

>People don't use "NIX" because of its core, they use it because it is a superb environment with great flexibility and power UP FRONT
I don't talk on behalf of "people" like you do, I can only talk on behalf of myself, and I clearly use it for both. I want a stable userland that doesn't segfault and require installing a gorillean plugins to make the email client connect to IMAP+.

>Talking about a thing's "core" is what a complete knownothing would say. I like a car that I can interface with well and lets me drive it, I don't generally care what the "core" of the car is, which I don't see and might as well be fairy dust.
Car enthusiasts care about car engines. Computer enthusiasts care about operating system.

You may not care, but I do. This is a technology board after all. I'm pretty sure the guys over at /o/ actually do care about things like engine, fuel efficiency, range, etc. even if you don't.

Wish the Mac would fucking have proper window management for God damn once.

Chat button is bouncing. Oh boy I have a message! Click.

Yo this is Mac and I am pretty sure that instead of the chat window which is causing the notification you prrooooobably want to see the contact list and def not the conversation window.

Right click dock app and select conversation like always.

Mac. It just works????

Would you use it for any serious stuff tough?
im mainly curios cus i saw somedude with one in cs class with a "keep calm and code" wp. made me think i fucked with getting ubuntu for the class

Do you have problems with resizing windows as well? heard that used to be /still is pretty annoying

>im mainly curios cus i saw somedude with one in cs class with a "keep calm and code" wp. made me think i fucked with getting ubuntu for the class

That has got to be the most retarded thing I've read today, bravo.

Spectacle.app my dude

As for notifications, I think that falls to the developer on how they are fired.

Why?

I wouldn't respect someone who called himself a "coder" in the first place.

I wouldn't care less to be honest. If they start giving shit code then I would start saying shit.

Is X a meme?

Well if xhe uses the word coder I would bet that xhes a meme Javascript developer so.... Yeah.

However I used a MacBook pro because it was given to me by my employer, never really got into the Mac fad.

However being honest, most of the time people buy apple products to compensate the lack of knowledge or status.

this desu

Ehh, the build quality is solid and I spend less time fucking with my OS. Price is fucked, but see quality.

I use them because I can run iOS & Android simulators easily and most webdev tools have first rate macOS support.

I have a mac from a few years ago when I wanted a change in scenery on my laptop. OSX is great except for the lack of customisation options. Much more stable than windows, always works, runs anything worth running apart from Visual Studio. But if I were to spend that money now, I'd probably go with an x1 carbon or a surface book. I still dislike windows, but I like superior hardware.

It has a *nix backend with nearly all of the benefits of that, so it's useful for development work with the added benefits of all good third party gui program support.

If you think anyone in the real world (people outside of Sup Forums) gives a shit about what type of Laptop you use to code, you're sadly fucking mistaken. Stop worrying about what others choose to use and use what you like to and you'll have an easier life. What is the first thing you gonna say date?
>Oh shit you own a MacBook, well because people on Sup Forums told me it's a bad product I don't fucking respect you.
>Please have sex with me.
Then again this is implying you'd get one.

Thats not enough info to respect or disrespect a person, you autist. A mac isnt enough of a reason to dislike someone either. However, if someone is literally referring to themselves as a "coder" and if they call their mac a "mac" (or god forbid the specific model), then it is extremely likely that they are obnoxious and, well, on the left side of the IQ bell curve. And gay. Extremely gay.

sure

You should be fine running ubuntu.

PS: never going to make it.

> (You)
>Do you have problems with resizing windows as well? heard that used to be /still is pretty annoying
Yah, that's still there. In Windows or any desktop you assume now that if you are going to double click a title it will expand to fit the desktop while keeping the menu on top visible.

Why the hell is full screen applications where you constantly need to access the menu a thing in Mac? Media players sure. Full screen that shit because i start something and don't have to touch it.

Why is Mac addicted to the pure UI experience when it actually hampers productive behavior? If you say hotkeys , then fuck you because even Mac can't get that right. Make a App Shortcut for every "Cut" command across different applications but because one applications attached the menu item "Cut..." ,that doesn't work.

Most people want the UI experience.

Like everything apple, if you aren't most people, you can just get fucked.

> (You)
>Most people want the UI experience.
>Like everything apple, if you aren't most people, you can just get fucked.
I guess since I don't use, browser, or sit in a Starbucks all day I'm not on your list?

Mac not for people doing technical work, got it. Lollers

>Would you respect someone that owned a mac
No.

What do you mean by "technical" exactly? Plenty of skilled people carry macs, my dude. Unless there is a very good reason to do otherwise, most people will stick to clicking the UI for life.

He's talking out of his ass or trolling. Most developers would choose a Mac because IT won't support Linux, and fuck development in windows.

> (You)
>What do you mean by "technical" exactly? Plenty of skilled people carry macs, my dude. Unless there is a very good reason to do otherwise, most people will stick to clicking the UI for life.
Installing python to write scripts being careful not to ruin Macs install

Static and live code anaylsis and, I'm not sure you know ides but.. a lot of menu items that you only use one or twice per week.

Java decompiling and building.

One good thing is the iPhone emulation since macos is the only place to be able to do that correctly (because they made it that way. Imagine if Microsoft made a successful phone (haha) and said only program apps on MS environment)

Severw restrictive memory/applications limits for user space. Had sublime, a browser , and Outlook open. It said I was running low on memory such that I couldn't open a terminal . Only 4 of 16 gigs taken up userside while the system was sipping. Huh? I figured out how to get it working and it was dumb.

For web app sec work, the keychain is a great blessing and I wish windows had that. What I don't like is how some applications need access to my login keychain. Sublime I can see if I was using it for versioning but I'm not. It needs to ask me every hour if I'm sure I don't want to give it access to all my damn passwords on the system.

Finding out the same apps I used for free require payment on macos.

Good things that made is easier: macports and brew for the tools I actually need and environments done in virtualenv like python so I for sure don't mess with the Macs version of pip.
>
>He's talking out of his ass or trolling. Most developers would choose a Mac because IT won't support Linux, and fuck development in windows.
>
>He's talking out of his ass or trolling. Most developers would choose a Mac because IT won't support Linux, and fuck development in windows.
Hah.

I used MacOS on my old gaming pc for quite a while, now I use a macbook pro from work. The experience is great, but I would try a hackintosh first to see if it's for you. the pricetag is fucking ridiculous.

>
No no, this is good hate. The same type of snobby answers I've expected to get from the Mac community. I fully attempted to get into the Mac mindset and every time I've asked questions, I get self important jerks

>Would you respect someone that owned a mac
No.

How is that snobby? Most devs want a nix environment, and most IT groups won't support Linux. We take what we can get.

>projecting this hard

>Would you respect someone that owned a mac and calledhimself a coder?
Only if he really needs it for his work. There are some very bright people who use macs, but usually I equate mac users with tech illiteracy and overall sheep mentality.

Macs ARE very good for tech illiterate people though. Not every herd decision is a bad one.

Microshaft is determined to keep Windows in the past, making shit hard for newbies and advanced users alike.

>Would you respect someone that owned a mac and
No.

>Macs ARE very good for tech illiterate people though
Sure, if you don't mind locking yourself in to the apple ecosystem and paying top dollar for mediocre products, it's great. I personally can't respect that, but hey, if it works for you.

In my experience, and also on this board, I have seen that Mac users are typically smarter than Windows users. Windows users are like the niggers of the tech world. They don't know shit.

Cut the bullshit, tech illiterates are always happier with macs. All they do is complain about how shitty windows is and how much they hate computers, until they've used a mac.

>pay 10x the price for the same foxconn trash windows users buy, but wrapped in a tin can
>smarter

I agree that it's expensive, and the only reason to buy one is the exclusive OS, because you can certainly obtain better hardware in both build quality and specs.

>Cut the bullshit, tech illiterates are always happier with macs
Huh? I'm not disagreeing with you... If you're tech illiterate you won't realize you're being conned, and what you don't know can't bother you, it makes perfect sense.

>mactoddlers
youtube.com/watch?v=0o8BjH2YlOQ

I don't care as long as he/she is coding well. Reserve judgement for the work he/she does.

I don't get this meme. As I get around more than the vast majority of this board I can attest tat I've seen many more 'tech illiterates' who are Windows users and do not like the idea of using macOS. They'll either say its 'weird' or 'looks complicated'. Understand, the whole world has Baby duck syndrome for Windows. They do not immediately see macOS and think "Wow, how intuitive and simple!". Apple chose to draw people in via university and teacher recommendations.

You've also got to understand that most people just see a computer, especially a laptop as just a 'thing' and don't really care about it or know much about it. They're merely tools after all. I dated a girl who didn't even know what phone she was using until she checked.It was a Galaxy S6. She absolutely hated my iPhone iOS calling it too complicated.

This whole tech shit really isn't as black and white or anything near what you Sup Forums shuti-ns imagine what real life is like.

it gets worse the more you look at it

If you post this one more time I swear to god I'm going to get burn-in. Give it a fucking break, autistic Windows brainlet.

>mactoddler subhuman
>calling anyone else a brainlet

>This whole tech shit really isn't as black and white or anything near what you Sup Forums shuti-ns imagine what real life is like.

welcome newfag

Just realized that poor faggots will make any excuse to hate products they can't afford?

I like buying apple products just to see the tears and triggering of the hatefags.

yes.
really, good programmers use macs.

>for even windows

Truly, you're a pajeet. Have you moved out your parent's basement yet? Related wemb is this guy, everyone. This is the den of an Apple hating autist.

>poorfag thinks his opinion is relevant

Mr. Spock? Have you been simulating the effects of ancient illicit herbs again?

>technology illiterate
I always thought "tech illiterate" was abbreviated from "technologically illiterate"...

lmao can't even afford non-ancient macs

>technologically

>chubby
>brown hue
>blatantly poorfag surroundings
>donated or 'found' macbook air
>that fucking bed
>hur i bende plastic and it no bend but metal is bend hur metal is bad

thanks for living up to multiple stereotype lad

>tech illiterates are always happier with macs
no doubt

MACTODDLERS BTFO