twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

writing libraries that can be used from any language that compiles to jvm

Writing libraries sounds boring

enterprise backend development (my job)
It's pretty good for that

Server

applications

compatibility and pajeets

it's only ""good"" for that because it's become the standard due to the nature of the language (literally almost no entry learning to do)

Runs much of the internet's big webservers' heavy lifting (message queues, databases, ...).

Runs much of big data / big processing, corporate and scientific.

Runs a good part of Android's apps.

And more.

you just described things it's doing, not things that it's good in
OP, the real answer is:
nothing (not kidding)

>you just described things it's doing, not things that it's good in
Well, I guess you might as well use Scala or Kotlin or other JVM languages.

Some of the aforementioned big* things are actually often written or also used in production with Scala in particular.

But non-JVM ecosystems are for the most part just fucking sad in comparison.

Maybe there is another language that might have done the job for Android, but so far only the manchildren that want everything to be Go / Rust / C / C++ out of principle really regret this. For almost everyone else it has worked out quite well, with good backwards/forwards and cross-architecture compatibility (ARM alone is a huge zoo of machines already, and ARM is a relatively good part of what made Android win).

Collaborating with retards

Absolutely nothing.

"JAVA truly is the great equalizing software. It has reduced all computers to mediocrity and buggyness." ― NASA’s J-Track web site

It is great language! haha, come to India! We invite you to our great country, friend!

Oh yes, friend! India is a great country! We LOVE JAVA

>Enginee-ring
>not a ring of Enginees

To get a job.
Stop using hipster bullshit.

to get shit done at work.

t. .NET dev

show bob & vagene

Writing a non official port for a DOS game (BloodGDX).

inb4 some virgin unemployed neet claiming java would be obsoloete and should be replaced by C or even worse, Rust.

to make a living

I'm an Indian. I'm tired of all the things people say about us. I mean, which other country is hated the most? North Korea? We're probably next to North Korea. Several people called me "pajeet", "who shits on the streets" "giv bob and vegana" as soon as I told them I'm from India. I'm now afraid of telling that I'm Indian. I feel ashamed. One person said "US should nuke India" on a youtube video about India and it got hundreds of likes or upvotes. Most of the things people say only apply to poor people and uneducated. People like me in the cities probably never saw anyone shitting on streets. I honestly never saw anyone shit on streets. At least from what I know, people don't shit on "streets" but in an open area like farmlands in villages. I keep my identity hidden and don't tell anyone that I'm Indian. I'm afraid they'll treat me differently. I keep trying to avoid those comments but they are affecting me. Not directly but indirectly. For example, read any Reddit threads about, you'll see hate comments about India. Fuck this shit

is this a copypasta?
if not, grow a pair or kys pajeet.

Absolutely nothing

i work in a bank and most of software here is written in java
don't listen to trolls of Sup Forums and make sure to learn java if you don't want to be an unemployed "programmer" shilling for some obscure programming language on a chinese image board for autists

Employment.
t. Java programmer for 10 years

This. I also work in the banking sector.

Being a rougher version of C#, which as you know is the language of the gods

boilerplate

3 rupees has been deposited to ur account

>Fuck this shit
kek

portability, and the low barrier to entry allows even the darkest pajeets to write and debug code.

>Most of the things people say only apply to poor people and uneducated. People like me in the cities probably never saw anyone shitting on streets.
>Only rural and suburban retards shit in the streets city people like me all shit in a hole

servers

I'm surprised the first reply wasn't the typical POO for once

Whatever you want to use it for. Only NEETs think otherwise

I guess Java was back in the day pretty popular because of its portability and automatic memory management. You have to imagine that at this time, big companies used mostly odd operating systems and CPU architectures from IBM and other companies. It wasn't all x86 back then. And the easier memory management and other more modern features made it simpler and faster to write code.

Today it's many big companies are heavily invested in Java and the tooling and frameworks around it are extremely mature. Switching would be an extreme challenge, so instead other JVM languages are becoming a thing.

Btw. Java certainly isn't as bad as many people think.

if you really want to know, you should watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=baVOGuFIe9M