>"You know I'm actually on KDE myself" - Tyrell Wellick
>Runs XFCE
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

antergos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>SSID is root
....come on now....

That's the user he's running. Why'd he run XFCE root though.

ahahah oh wow

who is tyrell wellick?

why should i care?

He went crazy since then and everyone knows you have to be looney to still use XCFE

oh i wouldnt know...i'm on GNOME MYSELF XD

He meant to say that there's no reason in using KDE in AD 2017, because KDE is buggy, heavy and not so beautiful anymore. XFCE, on the contrary, reigns supreme.

I have to admit like everyone else that Xfce while being kinda old it's the most stable DE for semi low resources and without functionality for most people. But, when they get into gtk3, Xfce will crash, burn and make a lot of people angry.

Trying Kde Neon for a few days and I have to admit that's extremely stable and great. Having an updated kernel (thanks to Ubuntu LTS) make everything going faster. I was using Xubuntu and it was slower and prone to errors, so I don't know if my new setup is better because of an updated kernel, updated KDE or just that KDE 5 is more stable and better in a vanilla Ubuntu LTS.

tl;dr: KDE has turned stable, use 5 not 4. KDE5 is Windows 10, KDE4 is Vista.

>>"You know I'm actually on KDE myself" - Tyrell Wellick
>>Runs XFCE
>knows that herbstluftwm is the best but niggers can't join because it's too german

What version of Xubuntu had you been using? I've been using 16.04 LTS for more than a year and it's been working very well, I experienced very few crashes.
> KDE5 is Windows 10, KDE4 is Vista
Uhmmm....most people will probably disagree this comparison.

>Uhmmm....most people will probably disagree this comparison.
I actually quite agree with that. KDE4 felt very bloated, slow and glossy. KDE5 feels fast and modern.

Plasma 5 is a damn fine desktop nowadays (since 5.8 I'd say)

Xubuntu 16.04. Maybe it was my hardware, I have and APU A10 and I was using kernel 4.4. When I migrated to KDE Neon, it had kernel 4.10. That could be the problem, AMD is shit most of the time in Linux.

This, Plasma 5 just use 600MB idle (I am using KDE Neon that is mostly a barebones KDE desktop). I am still using my GTK programs like geany, uget and libreoffice but I will try some Qt and KDE apps someday.

>who is tyrell wellick?
He is a ficticious character from a tv show

>why should I care?
You don't have to. It's entertainment. Take it or leave it.

>uget
Can you please explain to me why a download manager is useful? It would help if you could give me a specific example of how you use it.

having multiple things to download, different places to put them and a UI is faster and easier to interact. I use wget sometimes though.

I still don't understand. Can you describe a scenario where it is useful?

>unriced xfce
absolute madman

>Can you describe a scenario where it is useful
when you download things? Mostly isos, patches for games, or just stuff that I must pause or resume. It's easier than using wget when you have too much shit to download.

I guess I can understand the point about pausing and resuming, although I can't say that I have ever needed to do that. Barring that point, how is it any different from just clicking on the download link in your web browser and telling it where to save the file?

Default on Kali Linux

I had some problems with Chrome/Chromium when downloading stuff, most of the time instead of pausing it, it stopped it completely without the possibility to resume. Also file integrity was compromised with huge files while using a browser downloader.

>192.xxx

also..
>most wanted hacker
>doesnt disable Firefox Hello and Pocket
>enjoy those IP leaks

wget supports pausing and resuming, literally just Control-C and redo the same command, it will pickup where it left off.

And you can run as many instances as you have tmux/screen panes

Where can I get that font rendering?

where is Elliot guys hurr durr

No, I agree

KDE5 is like win10 but even better
It's about as buggy, but also has more and better features

I can't wait for KDE6 to come along and ruin everything :D

I want to be a hacker how do I disable firefox hello and pocket?

>fi

So KDE 5 is a botnet?

Why do all those pics from Mr Robot feel fake, it looks like normal xfce, but something's off

technically every Linux distro with a repository is botnet. Every time you update your system you send information to the repo maintainers.

yes.
Krunner have stopped predicting what you might want and went straight to reading your mind.
Avoid at all cost.

That's not what a botnet is.

>But, when they get into gtk3, Xfce will crash, burn and make a lot of people angry.
I disagree.
Xfce terminal is GTK3 and it's better than when it was GTK2.
Some panel applets are GTK3 and they are fine.
Firefox is GTK3 and it's fine.
I'm sure the GTK3 transition will be transparent and successful and will prepare Xfce for high dpi (xfce needs high dpi to stay relevant, I don't want to use gnome)

where's his screenfetch?

yes, fi is how you close a for loop in bash lol
>check before you post something stupid

>no shebang line

I assume it's because of the obviously fake webpage they create for each shot. Also the video filter effects they use during editing.

There's nothing else out of place except maybe the scaling size differences between the window open and the icons and the fact that he's running the DE as root.

He was out in the woods, remember? He couldn't bring luxuries such as a heavyweight desktop environment.

Because it's a fucking tv show?

KDE is fucking trash

>t. Gnome gobbling masochist

not his machine.

He's probably a Gentoo user.

they probably change the script from XFCE to KDE because it was easier to pronounce.

It explain the "old habbit"

they did fucking screenshot of running distro for the show stop complaining

What's wrong with 192.xxx? 192.251 is a public IP btw

KDE is old as fuck though. Older than GNOME.

In the old days I'd say that KDE 3 was more relevant than GNOME, and more relevant than XFCE for sure.

Most people migrated after KDE4 though.

>Elliot runs BitchX
Holy shit, whoever is in charge of the "IT" part of Mr Robot knows his shit

Do people still use this? Most people seem to use irssi or weechat.

it's not his choice. they game him the laptop.

*gave

The show would have been a lot better where they not pushing Kali. Only skiddies use Kali.

Obviously he was on a shitty laptop and needed a lightweight DE. Still, they should be using a tiling WM, as well as vim, none of that nano shit

>Do people still use this? Most lamers seem to use irssi or weechat.

FTFY.

[spoiler]Le Wang Chung Tranny got Trump elected...[/spoiler]

Esmail is a fucking hack.

He said "I'm actually more of a KDE guy, myself".
He didn't say he was on it.

What is XCFE?

>i-it doesn't count

finally i can roleplay as tyrell

i already have his suit and tie

the gtk3 transition is already not-quite transparent, but that's more gtk's fault than the xfce team's

it seems like the fonts
they're all kind of whatever size and it's awful

I think its broken....

what laptop?
what cell?

Underrated

>Using adwaita and gnome icons
>Not using Arc + Papirus icons
>Not even making the effort to move the panels from the default xfce configuration that not even xubuntu ships that way.

if somebody lends you a machine to work, would you customize the ever living shit out of it?

>"just" 600mb

>would you customize the ever living shit out of it?
Ahm, yes. That's why users accounts exist and with a bit of customization you can work a lot of comfy. However how putting a very common theme like arc and papirus and using the simple included function to customize the panels "customizing the ever living shit out of it"? Honestly what i said takes only a few minutes and you don't need to do it again.

>However how putting a very common theme like arc and papirus and using the simple included function to customize the panels "customizing the ever living shit out of it"?
*correction:
However how putting a very common theme like arc and papirus and using the simple included function to customize the panels is considered "customizing the ever living shit out of it"?

Negative

Exactly. Sure you can use 15mb having the most barebones set-up of an OS but on the desktop, having all the QoL features of heavier OS's for a fraction of their RAM cost is great.

What distro is this

Sorry for new faggotry

autist

antergos.com/

comfy as fuck arch distro

He's from Mr. Normot

nice logic, if you were in the woods by urself for so long Sup Forums you would rice that shit to the max

Not poster but yea, simple install. Used to use before I went to Ubuntu for a compatibility issue.

thats the current user you mong

Phone is an s5

Why does he have a thing for babies? This is wrong.

Apparently the only thing he does on the computer is watch a livestream of his newborn baby and read news articles about his wife cucking him.

Works surprisingly well.

He uses XFCE at home, but he uses KDE at work.

That's his own baby.

Gnome 3 is worse than that