What's the best and most lightweight image viewer?

What's the best and most lightweight image viewer?
Is irfanview pajeet-tier?

Other urls found in this thread:

fragmentapp.info
github.com/muennich/sxiv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Irfanview is fine if you can deal with its weird and extremely dated UI design.
FastStone is fine too

make your own with you essential features. This is quite trivial if you use any modern UI framework.

irfanview is ridiculously good
such a shame it's windows-only

fastone or irfanview both good

old honeyview

Xnview is literally a better version of irfanview

feh

IrfanView was my favorite in the early 2000s.

Any decent image viewers/editors for huge jpeg2000 files? irfanview (even 64bit) basically just crashes when they get higher than 200MB

sxiv, and can even do catalogs

>best
>most lightweight
pick one

nomacs master rice

windows photo viewer

jpegview

Honeyview

anyone who says irfanview over jpegview is an idiot

JpegView (yes, it's literally how it's called) if you just need to open some pictures and don't need anything fancy. Works best with menubar completely disabled.
I still have to use irfan for gigantic pictures, though, despite its retarded controls.

Ive been using it since 2003. It's bretty gud. Myspace suggested to use it back then lol

i have been searching image viewer / light editor for linux and ended up with gThumb

the best

it is outdated but it has a very good set of shortcuts so you dont really have to use it.

xnview but it's really buggy

my problem with all image viewer is that they play GIF files at really low speed. lower than any internet browser or software that can create them

void image viewer is the only one I know that play them in normal speed.

can it open rar. zip ?

I use honeyview because I am a weeb, works preddy well though

Do you have a celeron?

Irfanview had that problem. Then the 64bit version played them too fast. Honeyview plays them fine for me.

i said the web browsers can play them at normal speed.

and viewers doesn't even use 1% of the cpu.
so no idea if is my systems fault

also
phenom II x4 955 BE 3.2ghz

ACDSee Classic 2.4 is the most lightweight, sadly it is a bit buggy with gifs and has no unicode support (it predates it), but it is seriously lightning fast.

Xnview is okay, but slow.

Imagine (the korean one) is the fastest one I've found, that is like ACDSee Classic, but with support for modern things like unicode and archive reading. It is a bit slower though, and has its own bugs (the image viewer ignores your sorting, archive reader crashes if it encounters 255+ character long paths, etc).

I've checked a few others and they either lacked features or they were just slow. It is funny, but nothing came close to that 1998 software ever since then.

fragmentapp.info

honestly on debloated windows 10 on my laptop I still use windows photo viewer. it's kinda shitty cause my huge files from my DSLR sometimes lag when you try to open them in it.

>License: Proprietary, free for non-commercial use
Rubbish; this software infringes on my freedoms.

use feh like real men

so, umm is nobody going to adress the fact that op is posting borderline cp?

I use that glass one

Feh on Linux. It literally just displays an image.

On Windows I'm partial to XnView. Basically a fork of Irfanview, but a bit more polished.

Jailbait is not a cp.

mozilla firefox quantum

If I remember right that's because the Irfanview dev decided he was going to autistically adhere to some portion of the GIF file specification that GIF files, in general, ignore. I had the same problem and looked it up and found a response from him that was essentially a Lennart-style closed - wontfix.

There are a lot of issues/feature-requests that were closed like that. He refused to add customizable shortcuts because "it would confuse average user".

XnView is pretty good and is cross platform.

so can feh

fuck it looks like a tablet app garbage.

just installed this. hard to make a no-frills image viewer any better.

Feh doesn't play gifs tho

name 1 viewer that autoresizes window to fit photo on startup

I use nomacs. Works for me.

Well, yeah. Gifs aren't images, they're movies.

This. I made my own imageviewer

Honeyview with custom settings

MOOOOOOOOOOOODS!

rofl
>>>/reddit/

what's wrong?

Only because he's not using the right skin

Stop being a faget and use

sxiv
github.com/muennich/sxiv

HoneyView werks

Jesus this thing is amazing

It's what's feh is to linux

Irfanview?

feh
any other suggestions are memes

feh or get out

Is there a linux alternative as good as Honeyview? Nothing seems to be as good

I use imageglass, it works really well, is open source, and views all image file including gif.

Use Xnview. It's simple, stable and doesn't use much RAM.

HoneyView is shit. It has terrible memory leaks and uses hundreds of MBs of RAM over the course of an hour to display a fucking 100kb jpeg. It also crashes on .GIFs a lot.

Anyone remember the old Picasa2 image viewer? It had the best UI. Too bad Google abandoned it

MODS MODS MODS

Infranview 64bit doesn't support unicode filenames.
32bit only does through a plugin.

Use nomacs.

lel
feh is a meme

degenerates
leave
here
>>>/kys/

FastStone, it's the least bloated of the windows ones.

ur a mem
feh is bomb

jpegview

nomacs

>my opinion is objectively the correct one all other opinions are memes

>jpegview
I want to download it but I can't find a mirror anywhere beside sourceforge? is there an MD5? they are notorious for bundling malware

feh is the best image viewer, now close your thread.

They cut that bullshit a while ago when all the tech sites started shitting on them for it. They're pretty decent now but I doubt they'll ever get their reputation back.

feh

>using windows

Can I get the one on the top left (sphere)?

mpv

sxiv if you want animated gifs
feh if you want to impress people in desktop threads with your borderless windows

feh
seriously

eh. i use it under wine. it's 99% perfect. even associated it with my pictures so it opens from Nautilus

>gif
Who cares? I don't think I've saved an animated fucking gif since 1999.

HoneyView is really good.

>63087120
>(You)

acdsee

would be perfect if it didn't have that persistent problem with some animated gif's palettes. i even joined their support forum to ask about it and they grudgingly admitted it had been a problem since version 1.2 and they had no real plans to fix it.

>He refused to add customizable shortcuts because "it would confuse average user".
jfc

Mine only displays the titlebar. How is that "dated UI design" ?

> dated =/= outdated

Holy shit I was just wondering what I used to use cause it wasn't ifranview, but yea it was acdsee. YEARS ago.

using version 3.1 now, and it's pretty good as a general shell, also.

post fee--

oh...

How do I do this?

the best version of acdsee for modern use is the 2005 8/pro version

every single one since has shit something up horribly
and every version prior had severe crashing issues that couldn't be dealt with/massive compatibility issues with modern systems

8/pro is as fast as it gets, is crash prone, but wont get stuck in a crash loop that requires you to find 13+ year old fixes to deal with it.

sadly this has yet to truely be surpassed as the all in one package

If you can get by with using multiple programs to get the job done, there are better, but for all in one, nothing touches it.

Imageglass,
simple but not 2000 style ui
Views everything I need.