/mkg/ - 2D shitposter edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/aUFSSPa0

>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/mEmWGhbW

>FAQs:
pastebin.com/xGeZKSWE

>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MSNM6YG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509038017&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ibm model m keyboard&dpPl=1&dpID=41WXOZGndLL&ref=plSrch
aliexpress.com/item/xd84-75-eepw84-Custom-Mechanical-Keyboard-Supports-TKG-TOOLS-Underglow-RGB-PCB-programmed-kle-Kimera-core/32819790747.html
aliexpress.com/item/stainless-steel-bent-case-for-xd84-eepw84-custom-keyboard-acrylic-panels-acrylic-diffuser/32822039808.html
aliexpress.com/item/stainless-steel-bent-case-for-xd84-eepw84-75-custom-keyboard-enclosed-case-upper-and-lower-case/32821807795.html
aliexpress.com/item/xd84-eepw84-plastic-case-black-white-case-for-xd84-70-eepw84-pcb-and-plate/32820056805.html
aliexpress.com/item/Anodized-Aluminium-case-for-eepw84-xd84-custom-keyboard-acrylic-panels-diffuser-can-support-Rotary-brace-supporter/32837583257.html
aliexpress.com/item/75-Aluminum-Mechanical-Keyboard-Plate-support-stainless-steel-plate-for-eepw84-xd84-pcb/32819844552.html
aliexpress.com/item/Transparent-Black-PCB-Plate-Stabilizers-for-Custom-Mechanical-Keyboard-gh60-xd64-xd60-xd84-eepw84-tada68-zz96/32817959897.html
aliexpress.com/item/Dye-sublimated-cherry-profile-pbt-material-japanese-keycaps-for-usb-wried-mechanical-keyboard/32811343072.html
youtu.be/p4iSY6OkclU
youtube.com/watch?v=fYz5nIHH0iY
aliexpress.com/store/product/Switch-LED-hot-swap-32pcs-for-mechanical-keyboard-DIY-keyboard/2230037_32827918016.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is AliExpress a good place to get a Anne Pro and a few keysets?

What is better, cherry ergo clears (black housing), zealios or mod?

Need something tactile ~60-70g.

Zealios > Ergos imo.
I've tried both, and they feel almost identical. Only problem is Ergos are a pain to make.

Yeah, better than buying on bangood/gearbest.

Wait for 11/11, they will have some nice discounts and coupons.

Oh really? Why is that?

that what?

don't bother waiting, it's a chink marketing trick, ask in if you don't believe

Hey, its not. You have to get the coupons 1 or 2 weeks before tho.

I wait for the date every year.

the 11/11 thing

how much could he realistically save? is it worth the 2 week wait + ~4 weeks shipping?

Depends of what he is buying, shop, his coupons, etc.

One example, last ali promotion (brand week or something like that) I got SA Dolch from KBD fans for $78.15, regular price on the storewas $90. Its not that much, but it can be significant if you are buying lots of chink stuff.

Post keyboards!
My next one will be a drevo gramr and a granite style keycap set I think.

Would this be good as baby's first keyboard? I'm using some emachines shit and my left shift key is sticky. The keycaps are glued on so repairing or cleaning it would be a bitch. My budget is around $100.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MSNM6YG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509038017&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ibm model m keyboard&dpPl=1&dpID=41WXOZGndLL&ref=plSrch

>drevo gramr

Dont. Drevo switches are crap.

OC is back on the menu, boys

Not many 75% to pick from. I think I'll get one of the plum boards then. Maybe the 45g plum nano in black and put maxkey Miami on it

Buying a Obins Anne Pro soon, for my on-the-go setup.
I can't decide between Gateron Reds and Gateron Blues.

I have a keyboard with MX Browns, and I don't really like them. I also have a buckling spring keyboard (IBM Model M) which I love to death.

So basically it comes down to this:
Blues - love the feeling and the sound
Reds - love the smoothness and the quietness
Any input is appreciated.

this is the most disappointing keycap drop ever

>Drevo switches

Lost at flipped spacebar and pickle rick cap. Every fucking reddit faggot does that for some fucking reason.

What set is that? Is it the chink knock off of SA carbon?

kill yourself

>chink knock off of SA carbon

kek

well god damn

Why
1: would you say that?
2: would you want that?

What set is it?

Can you solder? Aliexpress has shitloads of XD84 kits:

PCB:
aliexpress.com/item/xd84-75-eepw84-Custom-Mechanical-Keyboard-Supports-TKG-TOOLS-Underglow-RGB-PCB-programmed-kle-Kimera-core/32819790747.html

Case:
aliexpress.com/item/stainless-steel-bent-case-for-xd84-eepw84-custom-keyboard-acrylic-panels-acrylic-diffuser/32822039808.html

aliexpress.com/item/stainless-steel-bent-case-for-xd84-eepw84-75-custom-keyboard-enclosed-case-upper-and-lower-case/32821807795.html

aliexpress.com/item/xd84-eepw84-plastic-case-black-white-case-for-xd84-70-eepw84-pcb-and-plate/32820056805.html

aliexpress.com/item/Anodized-Aluminium-case-for-eepw84-xd84-custom-keyboard-acrylic-panels-diffuser-can-support-Rotary-brace-supporter/32837583257.html

Plate:
aliexpress.com/item/75-Aluminum-Mechanical-Keyboard-Plate-support-stainless-steel-plate-for-eepw84-xd84-pcb/32819844552.html

Stabs:
aliexpress.com/item/Transparent-Black-PCB-Plate-Stabilizers-for-Custom-Mechanical-Keyboard-gh60-xd64-xd60-xd84-eepw84-tada68-zz96/32817959897.html

Than you choose your favorite switches, caps and profit.

I like this OP image

whoa, you are my new sempai

Go for it, unicomps are fantastic.

>This nigger has terabytes of just photos of keyboard and guns
Sound sad and lonely desu

>cat
found the leditor hillary voter, pour enough to buy accessories but not a gun

Weak bait

I've never soldered anything before but I pick things up fast. I have everything in my cart and I'm just trying to pick out a theme and caps now.
Do 5 pin switches have RGB built in and can the PCB support that?
Is using the hot plug tubes for the switches easier than soldering or do those need to be soldered too?
Will any cheapo soldering iron work?

MX Browns are really no different than MX Blacks, you can only feel the tactile bump of browns if you really look for it.

MX Whites are underrated, the true middle ground between MX Blues and Blacks.

MX Greens are also nowhere near as stiff as people say, they are definitely lighter than model Ms.

If you don't want to solder then you can use those screw in sockets and still get the same results. There are two different ones tho, one is for LEDs while the other is for the switches

>MX Whites are underrated, the true middle ground between MX Blues and Blacks
lol what? I think you mean clears

I got class im going to post some more questions around 7pm if you're on. I'd like to do this, making my own keyboard is appealing

EST

well if you dont mind the one plastic part where mouse buttons would be for that keyboard then go ahead and get it.
ive noticed from pictures though that the unicomp classic (the one with the bigger case) the case seems to be of better quality.

>got a free you
:^)

>got a free you
Have another. Like I said, sounds lonely

:^(
you also sound a bit lonely, wana be my best friend

>2 shift keys right next to each other
what is the actual point of that?

No thanks. Post boipussy and I'll think about it, faggot.

>just keyboard and guns
You have no idea

No! Come back

Also back on topic to keyboards please, this thread is heavily derailed

i have a big key on my feet, no need for space bar you dum dum

>this thread is heavily derailed
its those nasty ISO owners who derail :V

I have both a skeletor keyboard that looks like that and a black blank hhkb, I also suck dick. What am I

gottem

What keycaps are those? They're cute as fuck.

NPKChink Miami

What's the best portable mech? So linear keys for sure, I'll dampen them with clips and pbt caps. Bluetooth or Logitech style receiver is important.
Compact layout.
I know of Anne pro and plum nano

Filco manila

Keywalker68

Spilled water on Ducky guy here. I let it dry for 5h and everything works as before thank fuck. Those LEDs were already

Pic my kb

omg my fucking eyes!!!
this picture has some wierd gliches

Buy the Anne from flashquark. They ship from the US so it won't take as long.

What the hell? I thought they just used outemus.

i spilled juice on my shine 3. took it a apart and gave everything a warm water bath. now it looks like new and works like a charm

Clears are far more tactile than Blues making Clears their own distinct category that doesn't sit between Blues or Blacks.

Sorry I have shit lighting in my room
Perfect, I don't know why my backlights died on some of the keys are all yours in tact? That happened before the spill

Almost here boys

Also there are 3 minutes left in "today" so I'd be surprised by still

I should say what is almost here I guess

All of mine still work, but I almost never used them because the blue is too intense and distracting, even on the lowest setting.

I plan to replace them all with white LEDs

I know you are using the Tai-Hao Black+DarkGrey Keycap set and I'm planning on buying one, too.
Is your set ABS or PBT? How much did you pay?
How would you describe the quality of the keycaps? Are they thick or thin?
I gonna put it on my Rosewell rk-9000v2 keyboard with blue switches.

I see, I would turn them off but the keycaps were made to be backlit so I cannot see them without it. How do you even replace the LEDs? Do you solder it or something?

SA 1965.

user is pissed because GB runner decided to just change the colors after everybody had already ordered. Now if looks like a carbon knock off.

PBT
I believe $30
Legends are flawless but there is barely perceptible variation in gray color from key to key. Mine were from the first batch, this may not be an issue any more.
Medium thickness, possibly thinnish

So I'm thinking about building a keyboard. Do you just drop the switch in the hole and put a dot of solder over the end of the pin on the backside?
Is solderless with those little shafts that the pins slide into the way to go?
Thanks
p.s. speed silver best cherry switch

what is a good price to spend on an ibm model m?

post these keys RIGHT NOW

Thanks for your info.
pic related is how im gonna frankenstein it together, as I'm buying an ISO-DE keycap set because i need the nordic legends and will put it on an US-ANSI board.
Black keycaps are original US-ANSI ones, everything else will be ISO-DE. The media keycaps are custom and i get the red CTRL keycaps from another set.
Can't wait to put it all together.

just cheapo pbt caps aliexpress.com/item/Dye-sublimated-cherry-profile-pbt-material-japanese-keycaps-for-usb-wried-mechanical-keyboard/32811343072.html

Just know that the top part is thin and will let your backlight bleed through it, you can just paint the underside tho. Also be careful on how you paint since the keycaps aren't made entirely from PBT, rather they are doubleshot PBT and ABS

50-60 bucks. Add another 80 if its bolt modded

I won't have any backlight, thankfully.
I will use some keycaps that are made for backlit keyboards though, so the legends won't look very good on them. Would painting the underside of the keycaps help in this case?

Have have two Drevo Caliburs. One has Outemu blues, the other Gateron blues.

Help.
I want this. Where the fuck can I get one or the file to print one?
I'd literally suck dick for it.

youtu.be/p4iSY6OkclU

Get one from
modelfkeyboards.com

$40 chinkshit masterrace. 2 months and 929,000 keystrokes so far.

>Do you just drop the switch in the hole and put a dot of solder over the end of the pin on the backside?

Yeah, more or less. Put the switch, heat the pin/pad, apply solder, its done. Watch this, is helped me a lot when I was beginning: youtube.com/watch?v=fYz5nIHH0iY

>Is solderless with those little shafts that the pins slide into the way to go?

Well, it is a possibility, but a very expensive one. I mean, these things are expensive, you will end expending $60 for a TKL, even more if you are also putting led sip sockets: aliexpress.com/store/product/Switch-LED-hot-swap-32pcs-for-mechanical-keyboard-DIY-keyboard/2230037_32827918016.html

They arent as reliable as a solder joint tho.

About your previous questions, no, you cant put RGB into those. RGB lighting requires a PCB that supports it, what is pretty rare on custom boards because nobody really cares. You can add single color leds though, but then you will also need to buy the leds and solder them.

Looks like shit.

>o rings
nasty

Thanks, I'll check out the videos. I've never owned an RGB keyboard before but I was curious. I think the 75% pcb is what I'll go with. I really wanted to pick up a plum because I already have two linear and a tactile keyboard and the topre clone would be different but I'll figure out something thats interesting to me for the switches.
Just need to decide how I want it to look now. I think the folded stainless steel cases actually look really good and I think my new set of jap/eng caps would look good with it and that would allow me to pick a different set that goes with the black on this tkl better maybe like maxkey dolche or miami.
Thanks for the help man, no idea when I'll get around to this but I'll post the finished board here when I do

Ayyy that's my keeb

Yeah, need to remove the blues and solder in whites

i would have waited overnight and used a backup keyboard desu.

Got this bad boy for 10€
Should I get new keycaps? Where should I buy them

Am I doing it right?

keep the original keycaps just clean them and they'll feel like new

>orange modifier

Well I have but what about those colorful hacker keycaps?

It is a photo of a kitten loading a Beretta model 92D Centurion while enjoying the smooth dulcet sounds of buckling springs.

>2000
You are about 17 years too late, matey.

I haven't tried zealios yet but I have a board with vintage ergo clears and they are very smooth even without lubing and have a statisfying tactile bump.

Ye fuck doing that I don't have soldering kit
I was going to but I needed to do some work for today, and I don't have a backup

None, they all suck and have barely any tactility when you go below ~78g