/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) passes through Geekbench with 6GB of RAM
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_2018_geekbench_6gb_of_ram-news-27938.php

Erica Griffin compares blue shift on the Pixel 2 XL to the LG V30
twitter.com/iAm_erica/status/923613176800800768

LG mobile division keeps bleeding money in Q3 2017
gsmarena.com/lg_mobile_division_q3_2017-news-27937.php

OnePlus 5T to be revealed after November 20
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t_to_be_revealed_after_november_20-news-27923.php

Opinion: Google is Still Bad at Selling Phones
droid-life.com/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/www.droid-life.com/2017/10/26/opinion-google-still-sucks-at-selling-phones/_index.html

(Deal Alert) 64GB ZTE Axon 7 Dual SIM GSM Unlocked Smartphone (Global Model) - $ 229.99
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1017631.html

Moto X4 Unboxing And First Impressions ($329 on Amazon)
youtube.com/watch?v=CS-ZtvWVF_g

LG V30 "Real Review"
youtube.com/watch?v=jy-XNrxx7us&feature=youtu.be

old

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/pixelphone/forum/AAAAb4-OgUsFRyoLZZjXvo/?hl=by
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>buying a pixlel

>LG V30 allegedly experiencing rear camera glass shattering on its own

My Nexus 6 just exploded
Do I
>Buy used/old stock Nexus 6
>Buy used/old stock Nexus 6p
>Buy used Pixel 1

I didnt really hate my nexus 6 it just felt like it reached bloated point and i'd like a better low light camera

hoping to increase my battery, what I've done
>tasker turns off wifi when disconnected for 30 seconds
>no wifi when phones locked
>greenify
>minimal GAPPs

what else can I do?

Do NOT get a Nexus 6P, it'll bootloop

put the phone down and go outside

sento is a miracle of the universe.

seek mental help anime retard

I wanna make erica my wife

A tinfoil shief to shield the phone's battery from cosmic rays

>Muh hardware lottery!!
>look online
>find like 4 at most instances of said issue

How can you tell whats real and whats autistic screaming?

thanks lads

Oh baby, the best phone just got better.

Sorry V30 users, looks like you're gonna have to settle for 2nd place :^)

>We’re very confident that the Pixel 2 delivers an exceptional smartphone experience, and to give users peace of mind, every Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will now come with a 2-year warranty worldwide.

That's 2 years of factory warranty. Buying with a credit card brings it up to 3 years.

3 years warranty. 3 years guaranteed first in line updates. Pure vanilla Android. No obnoxious skins. No lag. A developer reference smartphone with an unlockable bootloader at the forefront of Android customization. The physical manifestation of what Android stands for.

enjoy your screen burn in

have sex im begging ya

enjoy your clicking noises when nfc is turned on

Just means you'll be getting next year's or the year after's phone for free since they wont be continuing production of the Pixel 2 more than a few months so in a year or two when it DOES eventually break they wont even be able to send you an exact replacement.

support.google.com/pixelphone/forum/AAAAb4-OgUsFRyoLZZjXvo/?hl=by

Official announcement.

The whiners and complainers genuinely deserve the credit.

2 years from now the Pixel 4 will be out. That's a more or less a guaranteed Pixel 3 replacement.

I've heard Google cutting 6p users a full check as well. And some 6p owners got a free OG Pixel.

Cool stuff. Thanks shills.

redpill me on the essential phone.

it's a piece of shit

how so?

It can call and text and it has a touch screen and a camera too! You can take pictures and send them to your friends and maybe even call them if you want

2 years warranty is already standard for phones in the EU

so does the pixel I preordered that's shipping tomorrow come with 2 years warranty? if so, based Google.

Cons
-nanny state

Pros
-free gibs

how are the ergonomics, any major flaws, etc?

No headphone jack

well there are converters for that, right?

I hope you don't want to charge your phone AND watch something or listen to music.

I rarely do. I'm gonna be honest, like 80% of my mobile activities are internet surfing or reading.

and by 80 I mean 99%

then why do you need a current_year flagship?

sometimes I emulate. also I have a a lot of tasks and tabs running and my old phone that just got destroyed always kinda had a hard time with it.

So I need a new phone and I'm on a Sprint family plan with my sister. My phone's up to now have been iPhones and I'm not wanting to go any further with that shithole. So here are my questions
Anyone have answers to the rest?
>best phone brand?
>how cucked will I be by Goolag the second I open the built-in browser to download a better one?
>I can download new appstores without ever opening Play and getting registered by the Goolag botnet, right?
>do other appstores have Netflix, Crunchyroll, Skype and Discord and not log your device like the Goolag Play store?

Got a few answers last thread, but still wanting more info.

Want to avoid the Google botnet? Stick with Apple

>Pixel 1
>Looks like an iPhone knock off
>Pixel 2
>Looks like an S8 knock off

What will Pixel 3 look like?

Can we stop with the fucking hentai OP pics?

Stop using a Pixel 2, Sup Forums isn't a blue board

>USB-C
>Headphone jack
>Black color
>32+ GB internal storage
>USA
>Under 500 USD

I'm convinced this combination doesn't even exist, /spg/.

xzs dual sim

or you can wait a few months till the xz1 reduces in price

LG G6 is $450 on amazon for the normal version, or they have the amazon special version for $400.

OP5 had all that. it's out of stock now though. Moto Z / Z2 Play?

But Apple's shit

Blackberry z30
Is this okay to use just as 3g/4g/lte router with vpn? They are pretty cheap, and according to wikipedia's mobileOS comparison they seem to have really good privacy/security settings even though they are closed sourced.

Does anyone else find the Mi 5S to be unusually slippery? Everytime I put it on my bedside table it slides off after a couple minutes.
It does the same thing on my bathroom table which resulted in the glass protector shattering when it hit the tiled floor.

Holy iclone Batman! Do people unironically, unashamedly walk around in public - with people around - using this thing?

I'm going to replace my Axon 7 in a year or so. What will be the next best value for money phone by that time? $400 flagship is too good a price point to leave.

phones are not a fashion statement

Put some grip tape on it.

I was just thinking of grabbing some cheapo case to throw on it. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable it would be trying to put something with grip tape on it in/out of my pocket.

Yeah they are

not everybody is a flamer like you.

Looking for a cheap phone; under $200, GSM, good camera and storage, for t-mobile or metro (still deciding).

Redmi Note 4

Will Redmi work with t-mobile? Not sure it's band 12

>3 hours 45 minutes until the floodgates open
who here /waiting for the apple site to crash/?

Looking for a new smartphone.

I currently have a Motorola Droid turbo 2, on Verizon. The battery is going bad - dying between 20-30%, draining rapidly, etc. I've recalibrated a couple times and it doesn't seem to help.

Wish list:
Verizon network
Wireless charging
Shatterproof screen

me i am i am

sauce on pic

>12:01PDT
>already waiting at 12:14 EST

But it does user.

What kind of cheap tablets are out there?
I want to play the new animal crossing game and maybe a few other games.

Should I just buy a Fire tablet?

Moto g5, g5s or g5s plus

nvidia shield seems to be the best price/perf.

Over a 6x or honor 8?

>I cannot imagine how uncomfortable it would be trying to put something with grip tape on it in/out of my pocket.
Not being alpha enough to have it on a belt loop carrier.

Do Android phones in general have low call volume? I've owned four decent ones (G4 Play, G4 Plus, ZTE Blade V8, Honor 8) in the last year and I have both earpiece and speaker volume at 100% all the time. Am I doing something wrong or what? Media volume is usually OK, just the calls are quiet as fuck.

Used to own Windows phones with deafening speakerphones (like I used to have a convertible and I could talk on speaker on the highway with the top down) and any iPhone I've borrowed has been plenty loud too.

should I return my pixel 2 and get an iphone x?

Hell, it had phenomenal price/perf when I bought it, and I bought it on release. The great thing was, the first batch of them had a battery overheating problem, so they had a program where you could get a new tablet if you had a defective model. You didn't have to send your old one back, though. Since I had 2 of the tablets originally, I now have 4 Shields.

Anyway, really solid tablet, I highly recommend.

get an s8+

jesus christ could you imagine having a middle school kid? the only thing you'd hear about is how he wants the iphone x because some faggot in his class has one and he can unlock it with his face and send emojis to people and you'd be thinking "fuck this shit costs 1k, do I want my kid walking around with something that costs that much" but you'd never hear the end of it if you didnt get it so you buy him one then one and one day he comes home crying because the screen is shattered and you have to pay to get it fixed jesus christ im getting a vasectomy just thinking about it

ANIME TITTIES. THOSE ARE SOME NICE TITS. SUCCULENT TITS.

This, way less retarded.

ANYONE PULLING THEIR COCK TO THOSE ANIME TITTIES?

admit it

you'd fuck her

>her

Did you just assume zirs gender?

I would never fuck a fox

Animated or otherwise

>implying you wouldnt

>tfw want to replace my z2 even though there is nothing wrong with it
>still runs great
>battery life is great

I want something with a better camera but everything is so expensive.

How's the mi a1?

Seems good, except for the battery life, 3 Ah is somewhat small for a 5.5" display.

Pixel 2 is futureproof.

Pixel 1 is still the #2 best ranked smartphone camera.

Is the V20 still a good phone?

Seems to have nearly everything

-Camera glass might shatter
-okayish camera
-dev community is pretty weak
-lcd is pretty average

+unlockable bootloader
+lineage os
+super cheap
+amazing dac
+removable battery
+headphone jack

>Shatterproof screen
You're pretty much restricted to Moto Z Force or Z2 Force then

To S8 users, how annoying is the Bixby button? Will Samsung swallow their pride one day and just make it a configurable button?

>-okayish camera

Dang, I wanted something at least comparable to my iphone 6s camera

>for phones
For every purchase actually

It's probably slightly better. The night performance is really bad.

The wide angle lens is just unusable with low light. It looks like an early 2000s Webcam.

Never. Samsung will abandon it the next iteration pretending it never happened.

Remember S-voice?

OnePlus 5T looks pretty good from the leak

>6 month release cycle

Can't handle the pressure of being cucked constantly every 6 months

>It's probably slightly better.

In some scenes it has a better white balance than the iPhone, but when the light goes out... wew its shocking. Even sunset photos it can't expose... :(

I just bought a 1st gen Pixel XL and this phone has been a joy to use.

Why aren't you on 8.1?

I'll just wait until the phones prompts me to update.

I don't mind it honestly, I keep every phone I buy for 4+ years. At least OnePlus phones can be rooted without a huge drawback unlike certain Samsung phones.

Agreed, despite the shit op receives they are very modding friendly.

>not buying a Pixel

Enjoy your laggy Samsung.