You and Intel have 1 minute to explain how this was ever allowed to happen

You and Intel have 1 minute to explain how this was ever allowed to happen.

Go

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-i7-8550U-QHD-Laptop-Review.257650.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ-Notebook-Processor.187975.0.html
anandtech.com/show/11964/ryzen-mobile-is-launched-amd-apus-for-laptops-with-vega-and-updated-zen/4
dsogaming.com/news/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-first-official-benchmarks-revealed/
videocardz.com/56711/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-official-benchmarks-leaked
techreport.com/news/28501/here-a-first-look-at-the-radeon-r9-fury-x-performance
amp.hothardware.com/news/official-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-specifications-and-benchmark-scores-revealed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's what they deserve for their price-gounging for HT they have been doing for years.

Kek.

Did they ever say if this was actually ran at 15W TDP or was it in the 25(?)W boost mode?

15W, but running it a few more times the score will drop as the CPU heats up and automagically temperature throttles to not make the laptop uncomfortable.

>comparing to i5
trsy i7

>comparing to something in same price range
>try something in a vastly higher price range

The 15W mode has access to 25W for turbo too, for limited time. That's how mobile chips do it, including Intel ones (those 8000 series quads reportedly can go to 40W even though officially "15W").

See Intel brought it on themselves.

what about the i7-7700hq?

>reportedly
notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-i7-8550U-QHD-Laptop-Review.257650.0.html

As mentioned, Intel's TDP values have absolutely nothing to do with reality.
All you need to do is look at Skyfart-X

>(((multithreaded)))

>45-55W CPU requiring external chipset for extra power consumption

That's worse than a 7600k

notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ-Notebook-Processor.187975.0.html

724 average

>thinks tdp means power usage

Does intel still fab their chipsets on older and larger processes?

TDP means whatever the fuck Intel internally decides it means, for AMD and Nvidia it's usually heavy load scenario, for Intel it's usually some 'most common (aka bullshit) load under X scenario)

In this context, it pretty much does mean that, when measured over longer time period.

Otherwise it is a lie. Some degree of going over TDP for turbo purposes is fine, but when you cross 3x TDP and do it consistently, you pushed the lines too far.

>15 fucking watts
how the fuck

I thought it was average use web browsing

I believe so.

Nobody ever said that and how you came to that conclusion I have no idea.

That might ring true for Intel's super special "SDP" used on fanless parts, but that's just straight up bullshit as well

yeah that might be what I'm thinking about

intel pay to manufactures to avoid ryzen...

Intel already got cucked with ARM.

They tried the same strategy with their intel atom chips and it failed miserably. Literally wasted AMD's entire net worth at the time trying to buy mobile manufacturers out.

Intel is finished. They are quietly closing down most of their experimental division and laying off people.

> anandtech.com/show/11964/ryzen-mobile-is-launched-amd-apus-for-laptops-with-vega-and-updated-zen/4

I cannot wait for Zen+ on 12nm. It will be a pleasant surprise I think, they've already had a design team working on it since the first Zen ES left the labs, and its going to have this new power management (possibly, might need new socket?) along with other goodies.

It should have 200-400 MHz higher clock, this new turbo mechanism (almost confirmed now), maybe some small updates here and now, but probably nothing IPC enhancing. Maybe it could have official 2933MHz DDR4 support.

I'm going all in. I think they will have some actual arch improvements gaining some IPC or less latency. They have leapfrogging design teams, so while ZEN was getting certified/tested/ramped, you had teams working on improvements and ideas they could not fit in the original timeline. I mean, Bulldozer to Piledriver was some big changes after only a year, but then again they did have a little more budget in those days...

Note that they only call the CPU cores in Pinnacle Ridge "Zen" in roadmaps, not Zen+.
"Zen9+" was actually older name for successor architectures before they decided they will call them Zen 2 and Zen 3. Zen 2 only comes on 7 nm.

Also hope that PInnacle surprises though, Intel needs some whipping and if it averted problems just with Coffee Lake, it would defo not be enough.

>Zen9+
Zen+ I mean

i7 laptop are dual cores you fucking shintel fuccboi

Not all of them, intel even has mobile i5 quadcores

their naming conventions are garbage

Somebody please explain how.

My 3610qm i7 is a quad core though.

He is sort of right on both sides

They have quad core mobile but ultra low power mobile i7s are only dual core

Ryzen 7400U is an ultra low power processor with 15w TDP

Ryzen beats the shit out of the low power CPUs
Ryzen peformance mobile with 45w TDP will destroy anything intel can produce at this point.
Intel is way too power hungry for high frequency mobile chips.
Ryzen is amazing on lower power systems like servers and mobile setups.
AMD 23 dollars a share by this time next year

>amd official benchmarks
Lol their benchmarks are always 10% higher than the real product

Damn you nerds are like football fans but somehow even more obnoxious.
A regular person doesn't care about Intel vs AMD. Now go outside and get some sun.

Source of claim or GTFO
Ryzen official benchmarks from february/mach were spot on.

Don't recall the fury x benchmarks they put out before release?

These benches are actually always measured in lab on real hardware. They can cherry-pick, but they can't lie.

So pretty much sure you are wrong.

jews

>they can't lie
Holy fuck this is a high degree of shilling

Are you retarded? Company PR isn't youtuber games.
You cross the line, you get 1) fined 2) trial for damages from stockholders 3) the people will hear criminal charges.

And you still didn't base your claims, bro.
>no proof
>they totally lied, trust me
>people are never wrong on lying on the internet, right
That's not how this works. Proof or you are full of shit.

Fuck off newfag, not my fault you werent on g to see their fucked up fury x benchmarks.

Who cares about i5? Go XEON or go home.

Since when do they put Xeon SOCs in laptops?

Right, no links, no nothing. Go pretend somewhere else, wannabe shill.

Nice digits, but why would you want a laptop for any serious work?

Find it yourself newfag

Yeah, that totally sounds legit, bro.
So you were lying all along. I thought you were just stupid.

Try to prove me wrong, user. Oh, you can't.

Why would you post about "serious work" in a thread about hipster ultrabooks?

To remind hipsters that ultrabooks are trash?

They work for the purposes that they are being used. Eg not work.

Here you go retard newfag

dsogaming.com/news/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-first-official-benchmarks-revealed/

Dude,
where is your proof they are false? Fucking where?
That image says nothing. I have seen the fucking PDF when it was still under NDA.
Try to read this again

>Since when do they put Xeon SOCs in laptops?

Since quite a while ago. Keep up.

>but why would you want a laptop for any serious work?

Why not?

Oh god the damned FN key swapped with the Control key triggers me the fuck out

They will have to, since Asus will be releasing gaming and pro laptops with the desktop ryzen 7 1700.

Kek, what a fucking shill. Here dude more links. Delusional newfag shilling poojet

videocardz.com/56711/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-official-benchmarks-leaked

techreport.com/news/28501/here-a-first-look-at-the-radeon-r9-fury-x-performance

amp.hothardware.com/news/official-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-specifications-and-benchmark-scores-revealed

Fucking tons of links to this is you fucking googled it. Paid shill

Imagine going home and putting your laptop in a docking station that gives you a GPU, fully upgradable and fully specced, for bitcoin mining or games or whatever. And then you detach it from the dock and go to work, bringing with you all your settings and files. You setup in a different docking station that has a workstation GPU, also fully upgradable and fully specced. You do your work and go home. No need for a huge machine, lets you work on the go, lets you do real work.

Also I guess I might as well educate you a bit. Those numbers in the table are not benchmarsk to be released (though they get leaked sometimes).

They are reference numbers for the use of reviewers. Basically when you do your own testing and you think some result is weird, you can look in the tables in the reviewer's guide to see if that is expected or not (and you have to recheck since you could have made a mistake).

Of course there is also a section where they try to influence you by cherrypicking the better results they have and keeping out the worse ones, but both companies do that. And that brings us back to >They can cherry-pick, but they can't lie.

In any case, reviewers publish their own results, not these reference numbers. Well, maybe wccftech or shit sites like that do it today, hah, but you deserve every shit you get if you read those.

>quad core Xeon
What's the point.

You really have to like ECC memory to shell out for that crap.

Yeah, so is fucking ops image like i said you shilling fuck.

See here my boy.
You didn't even post any proof that those numbers are not accurate btw. Still.

No fucking shit they are not accurate that is the whole point. Ops image isnt accurate either, shill fake benchmarks directly from amd like they had done here

No, OP's image is bencharks for PR usage, that is different. Also cherry picked, but also measured in labs. Check the presentation footnotes for documentation. The OP numbers have purpose to make the product look good.

>not accurate that is the whole point
Prove it if you claim it.

This level of delusion is unreal. They are doing the same shit and poojet shills defend it after claiming i am lying until i proved it happened.

So you still can't back up your empty claim, got it.

Just answered your own question, retard. Its a fucking workstation, ECC RAM is a big bonus for maximum reliability.

>fury x beats 980ti in everything
>prove its not accurate
Kek

INTEL BTFO FOREVER INTO OBLIVION

I proved it with a multiple sources, you are a shill and dont actually care about the proof.

JUST SEGMENT MY SHIT UP

RR and PR can very well be called Zen+ or Zen1.5. The power management makes them strictly different to Summit Ridge.

You haven't seen shit boyo.
Look as Xeon Scalable Family SKU list.

>hurrr they cherry pick durrr
>They can cherry-pick, but they can't lie.
If you don't know the difference between cherry picking and lying, I guess there is no point in trying to argue with you. You have stuff to catch up with first.

learn to read/think/english, those pictures prove nothing. They are all legit lab results. They just cherry picked them, for 100th fucking time
Your claim that the results are false and they lied: still empty.
You sure you understand what it means to back up a claim with something?

This has been going in circles and while it is satisfying to be the kinda more intelligent partner in debate (or to at least appear so), I'm going to log out. Farewell.

I'd say that power management and clock control is orthogonal thing to the core architecture and IPC. Lots about the PM and turbo scheme can even be changed with the same silicon, through firmware for the ucontrollers and the management unit. I think they did that between HD 7970 and R9 280X, for example.

>tfw to intelligent to know the difference between being deceptive and lying

Did they also cherrypick TR CB numbers?
Oh wait, they were the exact same people were hitting on retail fucking chips.
Besides the performance of mobile anything depends on the chassis.

Intel makes most of the cpu part using the latest node and other pieces on the cpu is on older nodes, e.g. the igp.

fuken hell m8, thats impossible, no fucking way on 15w.

NO FUCKEN WEY,

That's a short burst.

This is bullshit btw. Why are AMDrones so fucking retarded and gullible?

Hey Brian, how's the Xeon sales?
t. Dr. Lisa Su

Oh wow, 1% more performance of a similar processor and AMD is TEH BEST. Reminder that AMD is a white nationalist company since they do not support diversity, unlike the king of silicon, Intel.

Better than your Vega sales, Rajeet.

>damage control
Hoo boy.
How are the Xeon sales?

How's the TDP on that i7?

literally almost every server on the internet runs on xeon

When I purchase a server on SoftLayer or Azure AMD CPUs don't even show up.

I mean Scalable Family.

who'd want a pajeet tier budget gaming cpu on their server

Imagine the chaos at intel
>marketing soyboys are freaking out trying to come up with a positive spin on this
>smashing their macbooks in frustration and crying
>the engineering managers are shouting at the pajeet engineers
>telling them to work overtime or they will lose their visas and go back to shitting in the streets
>the CEO wants to jump from the top story but the windows don't open
>the rest of the board tries to hold back the CEO as he tries to smash the shatter proof glass with his fists
>metaphor

Meanwhile at AMD
>Lisa Su comes to work
>walking_on_sunshine.flac
>everyone high-fiving each other
>massive bonuses and pay raises left and right
>people going on vacations
>ensuring Zen2 will destroy anything intel has to offer

I don't think Brian is suicidal...
...yet.

for now

it's tdp as in thermal design power, which is essentially meaningless and doesn't describe the actual power draw for any given workload. it's also comparing an smt enabled core vs a non-hyperthreaded cpu. raven ridge is undoubtedly efficient but if you think it's 6 times more efficient than kabylake then i have a bridge to sell you.

What mental issues do you have exactly? Downs syndrome definitely

Are you new here?