Why don't people make THICC laptops anymore? For me the larger the better. I like owning a beast like the M6500

Why don't people make THICC laptops anymore? For me the larger the better. I like owning a beast like the M6500.

Other urls found in this thread:

theoutline.com/post/2402/the-new-macbook-keyboard-is-ruining-my-life
modelfkeyboards.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thicc laptops aren't that uncommon in my country. People loves slim laptops tho, so you see people using them more.

because applel and others pushing le thin meme

soon laptop keyboards will have literally zero travel and/or become touch screens because "gotta go thinner!!!"

Because they're big and bulky? Personally, I like how you can replace the optical drive with a HDD caddy for additional space but most people don't really need that. Everything is about "muh thinness" now.

95% of laptops nowadays all look like shitty macbooks. Sad. Thinkpads (even modern ones) are some of the few left that look different.

IK its fucking bullshit. Applel is a fucking scam and their entire business model is hyping up shitty products and selling it to suckers. I own a flip phone still and I just got my Nokia N900. Its basically a linux based phone. You should look it up.

Where are you user? One thing I also hate is the removal of that little ball thing in the middle of the keyboard. I loved that.

>Where are you user?
Chile.
Fat laptops are still a thing but they don't sell many. Go to any store that sells laptops and you will see ~12 different models of slim laptops and only 2 or 3 thick ones.
I got a thick laptop after using a slim one and it's quite a difference in battery life, temperature, hardware. Also I like to have the option of having an optical drive or another internal storage, as said.

Cool. Americunt here. Everyone buys the latest bullshit.

I'll go against the crowd and say that I personally prefer small, compact laptops, around 13 inches. I already have my custom built powerhouses at home and work, when I'm on the go I want something nice and small that I can fit in my backpack and that still packs a decent punch.

I agree however that bigger, more customizable laptops should be a more widespread option, I can see their merits.

>Why don't people make THICC laptops anymore?

People do. You're just another tard here who doesn't understand why certain products have changed over the years. What does the average person benefit from having a laptop as thick as a W Series ThinkPad? Even average laptops these days still have things like RJ-45 jacks.

Here, we are more of "don't change what isn't broken" kind of crowd. Nobody likes selfie sticks, Windows 10, and even the iPhone got roasted hard on national TV news when they removed the headphone jack. I still remember one of the newscasters saying "So, it has less features and you are paying more. Who would even buy this?". I'm not joking.

Because most people (normies) don’t need any I/O besides USB anymore and they want a glorified Facebook/Microsoft Word/Netflix machine that weighs as much as a tablet because they can’t lift a butterfly.

It just follows the consumer trend. So blame the normies.

You can still buy thicc laptops though, it just makes them cheaper now that normies don’t buy them.

WTF I love Chile now.

Because normies don't want them, and normies currently outnumber autists.

Don't lie to me user, I'm your northern neighbor who are supposed to be behind the times compared to there and have all that shit.
Fuck I work with folks bringing the latest iPhone (TM), and MacBook Pro (TM) from the US to here.

Wow thats fucking great.
I need all the I/O god damn. And yea blame the normies. Any recomended thicc laptops?

Peruvian brother? We are still waiting for you guys to have a decent metro service.

Thinkpad P70, if you're man enough for a 17 inch beast.

Shape > volume

I prefer the right angles more than it being heavier or thicker.

>Thinkpad P70,
owch, is it worth it?
I am just a poor CS student working for a law firm as IT.

HP 8730w/8740w are GOAT. Dey got VGA, DisplayPort, an old-fashioned round DC plug that falls out all the time, one of those little FireWire ports, four USB ports, ethernet, and even a modem. Not to mention, separate headphone and microphone jacks and an SD card reader. It also has a thicc power bricc with the thiccest power cable I've ever seen.

Those tunnels are taking for fucking ever to dig so I go to work in crammed as fuck buses.
I switched from a EliteBook 8440p to an X220t before I lost my backbone in them.
I blame the BRs, they corrupt every politician they touch leaving projects at 10x the time and 100x the budget.

It's fantastic if you can afford it, but I understand that not everyone has that much to spend on a laptop. In that case, a used thinkpad like the x220 can be very good cheaper choices.

I'll save up I guess.
What kind of phone do you use?

THICC

>Why don't people make THICC laptops anymore?
They don't make laptops for people that aren't limpwristed stylecucks anymore. Men like us are deprecated. Buy some Lenovo W series and then wait 10y and buy a replacement when Generation Zyklon is in charge of marketing.

>I own a flip phone still and I just got my Nokia N900
why do people like you exist?

Becuase Iphones are shit and so are fucking androids. I dont need apps

There's nothing wrong with that tho

>WTF I love Chile now.
I had a buddy from Chile. He ran after he was forced to shoot down everyone in a bus just to catch a purse snatcher (while in the military).

I love my THICC laptop.

>You can still buy thicc laptops though, it just makes them cheaper now that normies don’t buy them.
nothing about them is cheaper, they're abhorrently expensive if anything
those panasonic laptops with com ports are like $6000

>I M SO COOL AND DIFFERENT

gas yourself .

lol applel fag

I don't care about thiccness but I do care about weight. My manlet back just can't take a T420 anymore.

>manlet can't carry 5 pounds on his back

see

In my defense I'm not 21 anymore and I already carry 230 pounds of body weight while being 5'8"

Clean yourself up and carry a real man's laptop.

Nigger you are FAT. Take sick leave at least to get rid of that grease.

It's Intel's fault in good measure, they killed socketed laptop CPUs and pushed the U suffix instead, which includes asking the manufacturers to look like Apple.

Don't get me wrong, I like 12h+ power-on times, but there's no reason for them to pair them with tiny ass laptops for faggots.

If they'd take the weight/size of a Sandy Bridge and pair it with a comparable 7th/8th gen CPU and a battery to match, then we'd have 2012 size laptops that have still have balls to do stuff, a cooling system to tolerate it, and a battery to run 20h+. The problem is they cucked us all for weight/muh_thin. Fuck those faggot marketers.

eBay my friend. Plenty of thinkpads and HP professional series to go around

>checked
We're actually hitting an inflection point away from that with the latest macbarfs. ONE PIECE OF DUST can fuck up your keyboard enough for a $700 repair.

theoutline.com/post/2402/the-new-macbook-keyboard-is-ruining-my-life

Also someone's making Model F keyboards again and you have until Halloween to order.

modelfkeyboards.com/

>I got a thick laptop after using a slim one and it's quite a difference in battery life, temperature, hardware.
Depends on the laptop though, i can get about 10h with low usage on my quad core thiccpad with the 9-cell battery. Wonder how an x61t with the 8-cell will fare, managed to snatch one + SSD for 30k CLP on Yapo.

To piss off millenial cuntbags like you, you fucking soy boy.

yes, the 2nd/3rd hand market has lower prices becuase normies want le slimmbook. but wait till it dries up in 5 to 10 years and we will be fucked. because all you will be able to find will be shitty """"""""""ultrabooks"""""""" with fucked up batteries that are glued in and can't be ever replaced without risking a housefire.
if we look at the new market then thinshit is cheaper because there's much more demand which allows for economies of scale.

fuck I need to re-image my N900. I fucked up the OS for good and nothing's working anymore. problem is I changed the partition map and the stock flasher denies to work with that xD

I also want 19" screen size instead of 12"cancerbooks

noice
M4700 here

When I worked in IT those things were a pain. We gave em to engineers to run CAD shit, and they were like 3kg.

That's not a heap, but hiking around with one of those boys is a pain.

hell yea man. I fucking love the dual HDD slot. Saves my life sometimes. Ever have heat issues?
CAD works well on them.

what model?