Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1AKIl_2GM&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Much less likely to get a virus
>Not a botnet
>Less bloated OS
>Very customizable

If you can't come up with a reason, you're not ready to try linux

i have same question . how hard is it for a noob that only USED windows to use LINUX ? what about MINT ? am i gonna have any problems ?
i want to install it on a laptop , i feel like linux is perfect for laptops

>Should I switch to linux?
No.
>Should I give GNU+Linux a try in a VM?
Sure, why not?

if you have to ask, don't. if you are not intelligent enough to make this decision yourself, just don't

Put linux on a liveusb and just boot from that

Eh...

Of course.

>If so why?
It's not like you're gonna get laid ever, might as well develop a hobby.

depends if you want to own your computer, or let microsoft own it and let you use it when they want

Because it just werks

this tomato is correct

2 years ago my windows got stuck in an update-rebbot loop.
So I swithced to OpenSuse and use OpenSuse since then.

If you don't need any particular Windows only software for work - of course! You would still need to add GNU to your kernel though.
>If so why?
Because it's comfy!
GNU plus Linux is a definition of a personal computing.
It's just so nice to use an OS that is not owned by a big corporation with it's own agenda.
Tumbleweed or Leap? KDE?

Why OpenSuse? Been thinking about it myself but cant decide between OpenSuse, Debian or Fedora

>Glorious People's License
kek

>i have same question . how hard is it for a noob that only USED windows to use LINUX ? what about MINT ? am i gonna have any problems ?
mint with cinnamon is literally baby's first distro. just know cinnamon crashes often (but restarts automatically) and has weird retarded priorities (like the devs refusing to let users have multiple wallpapers if you have multiple screens). you'll have to learn a little but most of the time you'll just type the question on google and find an easy fix.

>how hard is it for a noob that only USED windows to use LINUX
Any Ubuntu flavour (including MINT) is very easy to use.
>i feel like linux is perfect for laptops
Nah, even Lubuntu drains a battery faster than Windows.

I'd really love a cross between Ubuntu and Arch. I like Ubuntu's more stable nature, but pacman is just such a wonderful package manager.

>Very customizable
Have you looked at GNOME lately?

Sorry I didn't know that gnome == Linux.

it's trash. cat-v has something on it.
>viruses for lincucks literally exist
>systemd = botnet and nsa has kernel exploits
>bloated kernel
>very customizable, which is bad

Linux sucks. Go BSD.

Do you want to develop? Tools are easier to acquire.

mint cinnamon is the easiest ive used. i hated unity personally.

my favourite is now manjaro XFCE after plenty of distro hopping but i recommend mint cinnamon for a beginner

Programming. Best dev environment once ye get the hang of it

Give your personal reasons why because that be a rare opinion which I can't find in this misty loonix bandwagon

I'd like to inject you for a moment

>>viruses for lincucks literally exist
But there are less of them because a majority of people use windows, which you've heard before because you repeat your talking points ad nauseam
>>systemd = botnet and nsa has kernel exploits
openrc please
>>bloated kernel
yeah
>>very customizable, which is bad
what? no it's not.

i like windows

No-one should be using Gnome, user. Cinnamon, KDE, etc. are all much better than Gnome3.

Becase open source and people voluntarily contributing their labor to build what they find valuable is the essence of capitalism. Vote with your feet and your wallet.

whats the difference between linux mint and ubuntu

Mint comes with Cinnamon as the default DE and is based on LTS version of Ubuntu. Other than that, not much difference.

yes
>If so why?
if you have to ask, linux is not for you

I'd just like to interject for a moment.

What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it.

Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

i tried ubuntu for a bit
didn't see what was so good about it, it was just different
i went back to windows

GNU/Linux on a desktop is a lot worse than Windows in almost every aspect but it's free (as in free speech) and safe (almost no viruses, no botnet, etc.).
Watch this video. If you are not convinced to use GNU/Linux after it - stay on Windows.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1AKIl_2GM&t=2s

Why does linux give me half the battery life I get with W10 on my laptop?

senpai

Go for it.
It's an outstanding kernel.

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR COMMUNIST BULLSHIT

lots of os components and applications are easy to interfacewith through command line so it's easier to automate parts of your workflow
you easily get dependenies and libs through package manager

also more components and configuration choices, so if for instance your desktop environment's turns to shit starting with next release you have more options besides not upgrading or sucking it up

plz gee, this is a serious question. I'm running ubuntu off of a flash drive if that matters (as you can see I'm a complete noob)