anandtech.com/show/11963/hp-announces-envy-x360-15-with-ryzen-mobile
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Radeon-VCN-For-Gallium3D
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Intel BTFO

>the call the 8000 series a kaby lake refresh
Savages.

Intel calls it that as well.

Poo in it

Basically about the same in gaming as a 950M dedicated card which is nothing to scoff at but it remains to be seen how much OEMs and retailers are going to try to gouge it like they did for the desktop cards.

While I hold on my desire for a Vega desktop card I am thinking for a laptop I just may end up getting one with Nvidia

Wait a second. Does RR have fixed function hw acceleration for VP9?

anandtech.com/show/11963/hp-announces-envy-x360-15-with-ryzen-mobile
>$700
It's good shit nigga

Yes.
Vega 56/64 does not.

8000 series mobile processors are kaby lake refresh while 8000 series desktop is coffee lake. Intel never really gets good with the naming scheme. They have the same shit going with their enthusiast platforms. Apparently they are going to call the upcoming cannon lake with 8000 series names to create even more confusion, but it should not matter since there won't be any improvements anyways.

Holy shit, I didn’t expect prices to be that much lower than Intel powered laptops. 2018 will be a good year.

Pentiums and Celerons will be Gold/Silver branding now.

But it wasn't in RR graphics patches
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Radeon-VCN-For-Gallium3D

Was there an update or smt?

> 2500U
2700U is presumably ~$800? Good shit.

I will prob buy that HP laptop. Seems perfect for my use (even like the touchscreen) and the price is good-- so much so that I can prob sell my current 2014 MBP and 'trade' for it.
Hopefully the GPU is good enough.

Being that 2700U may well be *Flagship* RR, it's quite possible that, if the chassis is reasonable quality, that it may be nearer to $900 would be my guess, again, depending on specification, memory, screen resolution, storage, the usual shite

Massive advance on power save control, great performance, just wait AMD make one version with HBM 2 die.

HBM is a meme. Accept it. They dun goofed twice, both with Fury and a Vega desktop.

>APU
>Apu
>a poo
Why did I never see this before

2007 called.
It wants it memes back

Doesn't make any sense in this gen. Maybe when navi and multi chip modules hit they can use a small hbm module as a cache.

Being DDR4, the bandwidth starvation issues of APUs may no longer be a thing.

13" version when? 15" is too big and heavy to be a good convertible.

>5lbs is "too heavy"
Nigger literally what

for something you are supposed to hold in your hand like a book for extended periods of time it's too heavy.
Decent convertibiles are 10-13" in size

>carrying around your $700 laptop outside of a bag
You deserve to have that shit stolen in the street, fucking hell.

While I concede that the size would make it uncomfortable to carry around, 5lbs is far from anything near the term "heavy"
But to work on anything less than 15", I find to be insanely uncomfortable, I'd much rather have a good sized laptop to work on, than a smaller one to be "nice" to carry around

hold your horses, tough guy. We are not talking about laptops. We are talking about convertibles that are meant to be used like a tablet.

>We are talking about convertibles that are meant to be used like a tablet.
Do you remember the first tablet PCs?
I do.
I remember the thing weighing nearly 10lbs and still not being a problem.

Butifel

With that MM engine size, it has to be true fixed func vp9. Maybe they'll patch lunix later.

I look forward to this eventually becoming a 65w desktop version Would make an awesome replacement for the aging media PC in my living room. Since if the mobile versions are looking this good the desktop version would be more then suitable for light/med load gaming and such.
Last word was 1q 2018 I last saw for the desktop APUs. I just hope RAM prices fall a bit by then... I know they wont ;_;

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Only on the high end department.
For maximum Flame Hyenard, you have to combine an OC'd Vega 64 with an OC'd Intel core I9 7980XE.
That will allow you to have a literal 2KW computer.

where are the desktop apu's?

Q1 2018

what the fuck

CUTE CUTE CUTE

kek

It's still too slow. Why dont they add 1gb of HBM on the die. Just for the gpu portion that will alleviate alot of bottlenecks.

Why doesn't AMD add this 1GB of VRAM that uses 40% of the power budget by itself?

Such a meme it's in every accelerator worth shit, even in NEC's Vector Engine?

Yes.
LONG LIVE INFINITY FABRIC!
It's cheap?
ITS CHEAP!

Intel BTFO

LISA SU ON RYZEN + VEGA:
"I AM GROWING STRONGER"

I found apoo n loo

Ultraportable means ultraportable. If you aren't a gearfag you don't understand. I want my laptop below 1kg no matter how stronk Iam.

>Do you remember the first tablet PCs?
>I do.
You're making me nostalgic for my old HP TC1100. The thing was 6 lbs and I had no problems holding it with the keyboard/cover detached.

>Starting price
Nah.