gist.github.com/jpiccari/b287bacb14fb933598d5
reactjs.org/blog/2017/09/26/react-v16.0.html#reduced-file-size
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Web development is a mistake.

I prefer vanilla JS either way so...

>Framework that loads 6 million libraries is slower than vanilla javascript

WOW WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED

B-BUT MUH MODERN STACK

I bet they will discover some performant platform on the server side (say, Go) next.

it btfos javascript frameworks not pure javascript. and i dont like all these insertrandomword.js bullshit either.

this

Mental competent software developer in action.

Quit using that non-word.

Web Apps are a mistake. The web was not meant to send proprietary entertainment software experiences. We need a better network, simple as that. Jury rigging and hacking together the corpse of the WWW cannot last.

Plain JavaScript sounds amazing, is it some new framework?

plain.js trademark when?

you could make it into a meme website like motherfuckingwebsite.com

This year is why server side react is a thing for more than a year. If you want less bloated js framework/lib on client side then use mithril. Do you niggers even into web dev?

>but keeping it o the server
absolutely disgusting

I get you have no other choice on the client-side than JavaScript but why the fuck would you run this crap on the server?

too late
vanilla-js.com/

MESH NETWORK
E
S
H NETWORK

Wow. It took top engineers at netflix YEARS to figure out that servers are more powerful than end user devices. Amazing.

As someone leaning. Should i learn straight js? Or jquery

Yes this delicious framework
vanilla-js.com

This.
kek

speakingjs.com/es5/index.html

> If you want less bloated js framework/lib on client side then use mithril

Nice, going to check that out.

can confirm, Mithril is great
if you want react-like there's also Preact which is 3kb

All js frameworks are basically an over-engineered version of this function
gist.github.com/jpiccari/b287bacb14fb933598d5
(a bad implementation even)

>vanilla-js.com/

> xxx is a fast, lightweight, cross-platform framework
for building incredible, powerful JavaScript applications.

Does someone notice that every shitty framework use this sentence?

that's the joke

Just use TypeScript

This.

ÄHowever let me interject and state that React itself is a single library about 5kb gziped (v16) and likely solves many problems in non-trivial applicaton development cycle. The problem comes when pajeets and blyats npm install everything instead of just learning javascript.

dev time is infinitely more valuable than CPU time

you might argue that end user time is also important but netflix was never slow to begin with, so that's a moot point

it might make sense for companies this huge to put engineers on such problems since every little inefficiency translates to large sums of money, but for like 98% of web devs react will get them the functionality they need faster and with much less pain

tl;dr basement dwellers still don't understand professional development

Not necessarily. My server is OrangePi Zero so I offload everything on client side (including bitcoin mining=´)

> Produce slow crap like a retard
> "professional development"

How the fuck did you hit the ä key? The hard key is like in the middle of the keyboard.
Are you a spider?

>people complain about the awful shit companies put out in order to maximize profits
>"they don't understand """"professional"""" development"

you're just making excuses for being a shit programmer

>my boss doesn't know any better so it's okay
I hate to see this mentality.

Then why are devs wasting time making 10MB websites instead of simple static html?

when your website has a billion users it makes sense to shave off a few ms off tti

most websites are not in that position

there are a million toher constraints that are way more important to consider

most of you are autists who cant into engineering

Doesn't twitter has as much users?
Still needs 3 fucking MB to display a bunch 140bytes messages - something even a C64 could handle.

>muh static language

You do know that Shakespeare invented around 6,500 words? That's how language works.

>140 bytes
oh desu, you have much to learn about character encodings

You have much to learn about the difference between bits and bytes. 140 characters in UTF-8 is 140 bytes.

even if the post is nothing but emojis it's still just 560 bytes

This is why I love coming here. Thank you for this! I'm going to have so much fun this weekend.

If I could do one thing, it would be to make it so on totally arbitrary days the entire web's speed would drop to dial-up for 12 hours at a time.

Not necessarily. It's at least 140 bytes.

That's quantimeng and you know it

Ctrl F Inferno
no results

So is Netflix using websockets? Because thats the only way they are going to beat a virtual DOM with React. Since Netflix is a video streaming network I am going to assume they do use websockets

DEAR NIGGER LOOK AT INFERNO IT HAS 8% OVERHEAD OVER VANILLA JS AND DOES SAME SHIT AS REACT

this should be a huge 'no shit'

>MIT licensed
>not AGPL3
discarded

commie kike constantly spamming license

>What is server side rendered react

> I wanted to code in Java but my boss insists on JS

What a blorknoff you little adogunjkl

>>What is server side rendered react
I know, this whole thread is a joke

Also the OP article mentions a 'landing page' which would be mostly static assets not requiring client side rending

this whole thread is a bunch of 'huur js is cancer' brainlets

The fuck do they mean keeping it on the server?

its not their fault they cant/dont teach SEO in college

shit > whatever.js

You are not Shakespeare, you are faggot.
So your argument doesn't apply.

It could be up to 240 though.

Web dev here. Quite frankly I don't give a shit about destitute Africans trying to load my photo gallery on their 2G phones or about rednecks in Bumfuck, Kentucky trying to stream my videos on their Pentium 4 PCs and 5Mbit DSL.

I used to take a minimalist approach, but my latest projects all have huge images and many JS frameworks and all sorts of other "bloat". It works just fine provided your device was released in this decade and you don't live in the middle of fucking nowhere. No clients have ever complained about performance.

Good on netflix for optimising and all but in 99.99% of cases this just doesn't matter.

(To clarify: I can and have written efficient native code in the past. I know what I'm doing and I know how "wasteful" modern tech stacks are. But the reality of the matter is that nobody cares- they want rapid development and rich interactivity, not 50ms faster page loads.)

right. but twitter has a significantly more complex ui. twitter users are going to do a lot more ui interaction (clicking tweets, replies to tweets that connect to more tweets, etc). cost of that big initial payload (most of it being cached) is considered worth it because all those interactions afterwards dont have to repaint

the slide in OP is referring to netflix taking one page (the logged out homepage) and stripping out ui library stuff to minmax for performance. it makes sense to do this because you cant really do anything on the homepage of netflix when youre logged out anyways.

ä is right next to the enter key. He pressed enter twice after writing "This", so it makes sense he could accidentally have hit ä in the process.

Pedophiles use Javascript, you're a pedophile!!

Same reason companies spend millions on marketing, branding, and design. They want to sell their product to consumers.

This

Basicaly this, the pure javascript implementation will be "fast" but eventually its gonna get messy, unmaintenanble filled with sphagetti web dev code. And soon they will find them selves reinventing the wheel and making their own custom made "framework" with huge arhitectural gaps and crap.

>I'm an incompetent overpaid "professional"

>le latest maymay faec G:D

REact jsut be vbien: gert reactjs.org/blog/2017/09/26/react-v16.0.html#reduced-file-size

>clicking tweets, replies to tweets that connect to more tweets, etc
So things that can be done with 0kb of JS?

New React will have inferno speed cause the inferno lead developer joined Facebook

b-but muh cached files! react is worth it!

neck yourself react faggot. 90% of times all your javascript fab is unnecessary.

bootcamp diversity hires still don't understand engineering.

> vanilla js meme

maybe you should actually go to the website and look at what's going on with the ui user. my guess is you write a lot of command line apps

>bootcamp diversity hires

BUT MUH ANIMATIONS

there's northing going ont there, it's just 160 chars of text. you don't need a nigger framework to post and read 160 chars of text. faggot.

>enter twice
>reddit spacing

:^)

part of being a good programmer is being able to break down problems into smaller ones so you can better understand what's actually going on user. i hope you work on this skill so you don't stay a complete shitter forever :-)

any SPA i know is clusterfuck piece of shit that slows my dated computer and it is not even pleasure to use

This.
I swear, I'm about to go on an rms style crusade to make this happen. Decentralization IS the future period.

All that is wrong on our planet in one post

What drives me mad is that he is allowed to talk about trivial shit like that.

>after having closed half of the applications on my computer, I was able to free half of the RAM!

What's the fucking news? How retarded are these people?

>this page loads slow! I'll Def buy this product!

Yep. But meshnet would need to either run over tcp/ip or it would require a new infrastructure.
I for one would love to see wireless drone based meshnet, where drones move from point to point to achieve the best signal coverage.

When I got to the website I get a ton of animations and other pointless shit that rape my trusty old machine.

Wont work. People want their one-click entertainment source. And the powers that be wont allow any kind of unapproved solution get too powerful.

>clicking tweets
>replies to tweets that connect to more tweets
// select the tweet the user clicked
tweet.addEventListener('click', function() {
fetch(/* api endpoint */)
.then(data => data.json())
.then(t => /* get related tweets, images, gifs, videos, comments, etc */)
})

there you go, no meme frameworks needed.

They're web devs.

I think using towers would be more practical for most areas, especially after 5G deployment. I can see use cases for drones in remote areas, but I think piggybacking on existing wifi/GSM infrastructure would be the best bet.

True, it will be hard to convince an end user if there's no immediate benifit. That's the hardest part.

The problem as well is also file formats, or rather, the size of file formats. 10 years of Usenet ('81-'91) is only 2GB of plaintext, but that's a rather short HD video also.

what does this have to do with ui frameworks?

> Reddit invented double spacing on message boards

How old are you?

It could be up to 480 bytes.

If we all stuck to plaintext we'd never have to worry about losing data ever again.

Pretty much every person could have every single part of the network.

I bet you are, faggot

If only.. the reality is much worse. parseInt is broken.