What do you lads think of W10's fluent meme design? I find it pretty ugly tbqh

What do you lads think of W10's fluent meme design? I find it pretty ugly tbqh

Never could wrap my head around the wpf or w/e framework. Seemed like a lot of unnecessary work just to set up a ui for a simple program

Use linux and read a bunch of shet,then forget all your gayms.

I am literally never looking at my desktop or Windows utilities long enough give a shit

>blur
Disgusting

I'm posting on Sup Forums so I'm going to state it looks like absolute shit even though it's actually quite nice and a welcome change from grey windows and buttons.

ugly mac ripoff

It looks nice but is inferior to old window style functionality-wise.

transparent blurry backgrounds confuse my focus

Looks like aero+metro. Would rather have full aero instead of that abomination, desu.

They dropped aero because much progress and now they are just blatantly copying osx. The pajeets have dug themselves a hole on this turd of an OS.

Nice eye candy, but the OS is mostly shit and unstable. Especially when something breaks, there's still no hope of fixing a broken Windows install, reinstall is always the only option.

Some Microsoft Dev said they chose flat design because they we're lazy and because the code base for the UI is so bloated none of the debs know how it works anymore.

Aero is dated as fuck. Do you wear disco bell-bottoms?

What are you talking about Sir, it's great software!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Better than flat design, but not by much.

Give us back the choice to use a professional theme (ie: classic theme or even Watercolor from Whistler), you fucks

Hello Sir

Yes I do have to agree with u. Windows is really making good progress with user design interface.

-Sent from the designated shitting street

I genuinely believe this is true. Nothing makes this more evident than the double control panel meme.

pretty much

Fluent?
Fucking fluent?
It'll be fluent when they finally replace all the goddamn windows 9x menus.

Windows 7 looks more fluent than that. Hilarious how a 2009 design still looks better than 2009+8.

can't wait to see which parts of the os they decide to use this theme on

Funny how a 2009 OS from Microsoft is still has a more consistent UI than every turd they shat out after that.

dUh i sure likes that >tree View being removed since vista
it never was or is usable i like how my mind is being washed i mean read and everythign is there for me that i dont' give a shit or ever will give a shit about right there for me to get to.

i have mouse buttons that function what they "left" up there at the top of explorer windows to use. back and forth on my mouse. dont need my up down tree view buttons removed.

GODAMN IDIOTS fucking windows is PHONE SHIT and nobody needs that. thats not for people its for MORONS..

im about to switch to something with a brain like templeos

i dont care i want to be able to use my godamn computer. this is horsehit and has been for 3 years since i was forced to use vista aka w7/w10/ your shit

the fuck is this? didnt they have enough with metro? is this planned for a future update?

Pajeet tier.

Dude... wpf is fucking easy.
You can get a gui working in a few minutes, even a monkey (indian) can do that thanks to simple drag and drop.
And then by looking how that changes the underlying xaml you start writing directly the interface without the drag and drop crutch.
Then you use mvvm or mvc to write the actual software and bind commands and variables to gui elements.
Fucking easy, and much more sane than winform or whatever shit java uses.

looks like they're just copying macos

Same thing they've been doing since at least vista but now it's more blatant.

doesn't look that bad desu

Wow. I'm geniuaely blown away. Pay them more

not translucent enough, often hardly noticeable without shaking window violently
live preview underneath works well though
sadly only on a few windows programs, not the ones I use

It's dumb. Either keep everything flat and clean or extend the transparency effect to the entire window background.

>double control panel meme.
It's because they are phasing out explorer.exe, and they haven't finished exporting all the weird stuff like java to settings.

It looks decent, but I wish there wasn't as much white space.

>No full Aero
Not using it desu

Then they should not have even released a major version since 7 yet.

How can I activate this bullshit? I want to give it a try.

Looks better than the normal UI

You don't.

>Either keep everything flat
kys ballmer

they needed something to stop the mess that ballmer created and it's at the very least been successful in that regard outside of the very select few reddi-- I mean Sup Forumsentoomen who praise 8/8.1
if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have 10 yet

They started copying MacOS again. And Windows still looks like shit.

I like this way better than my current settings ui (windows 10). Looks easier to navigate. I still use all the old control panel stuff because I can't find shit in the new version.

The bigger question is, will they ever make a start menu that doesn't have me installing classic shell? I can't stand the uglier than shit new design.

>will they ever make a start menu that doesn't have me installing classic shell? I can't stand the uglier than shit new design.
i do not agree that it looks worse

It's beautiful.

I do really like the looks of your setup, but as far as usability goes I'm gonna have to stick with my simple pinned programs and folder shortcuts. I just really dislike the huge space the new menu takes up. Seems gaudy and unnecessary.

But it has been awhile since I tried to customize it, maybe I'll give it another go.

you can put everything into a tiny ass little tile folder with a bunch of really small tiles within
autistically smallest start menu in history
or just not use tiles at all and just use the apps list, which you can then open the start menu folder and organize things how you see fit