Physically securing hard drives when away

Here's a situation
I'm going away to another country for two weeks, and nobody is going to be home. I have multiple drives that have project files on that I can't lost and are several TB in size. I live in a ghetto so a chance of breakin is high

Do I rip them out of my server and computer and hide them in my closet between clothes or give it to my trusted contact?

Or do I stop being paranoid and leave everything like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4832471&page=1
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHLIq0qHhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wrap them up in a condomand shove them into your asshole

Hide them in your underwear drawer

yeah clearly tyrone wants your HDD when he breaks into your home

Take all your valuable items elsewhere, don't fucking risk it.

Encrypt their content.
Put the encrypted content into a .tar.
Compress the .tar
Cut it into hundred of files
Write a script to upload those hundred of files everywhere on the Internet.
Be very patient
Your treasure is safe & nigger proofed

Never heard of technoniggers, lootaz and mekboyz ?

Full disk encryption.

safety deposit box, seriously
also boobytrap your house with bear traps while away
just remember you have and where you placed them

Just call the cops every night and report a masked individual brandishing a firearm in your neighborhood.

>paranoid about theft.
>still doesn't make backups.

Someone's backing it up.

It ain't you.

this. It's gonna take a while but it's worth it. Also, back it all up in something you can carry with you, or hide somewhere.

>I have multiple drives that have project files on that I can't lost and are several TB in size
Your projects are several TB's in size?
Anyway, tarsnap anything that can't be easily replicated.

You should make sure you can write a clean firmware image to each of your drives otherwise someone will backdoor your system in a way you can't detect.

Just put anything valuable or irreplaceable in a safety deposit box at your bank.

Dig a hole and put them in it.

Burn your house to the ground and rebuild everything from scratch when you return.
It's the only way to be sure.

deposit box in a bank

careful of safety deposit boxes
abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4832471&page=1
in california, if the state gov needs money, it'll grab the contents as unclaimed and sell it at auction
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHLIq0qHhU

Smear shit all over them.

take the drives with you
shouldnt takeup too much room

Fucking bury it under a plant somewhere in a waterproof container.

You tar and compress before encrypting not after. Encrypted content doesn't compress.

I was going to suggest this. You can rent them etc. Its the only peace of mind youll get

>Maim nigger stealing your shit
>Sued for tens of thousands for his injuries ("He will never work again!")

>give it to my trusted contact?
This. Encrypt them first.

dump everything in mega.nz to be extra safe

if a nigger is smart enough to sue and win, he's smart enough to go after the big fish and not your shitty ghetto apartment
anyone dumb enough to burglarize an apt in the hood, has more than likely got their mugshots hanging in every precinct for miles around and is trying to avoid court for the fucking life of them

If the data is important, clone the drives and store them in a secure drop box in a bank or something. Or encrypt the data and upload it online if it's not too massive.

Seriously though, back up the data and store it somewhere secure, that's the only solution.

It's still a bad idea and illegal as fuck to do that. What if a firefighter got killed?

Just bring them with you

>niggers break into house
>steal tv and xbox
>leave your $3000 computer because you got a simple case design

Any kind of computer is an obvious target. But you could hide the drives in something that doesn't look valuable.

>fire starts
>firetrucks arrive
>firefighters risking their lives checking empty hood apartments... just in case
doubt it

they can convict you of boobytrapping without having the victim
more than that, having a body would work very well too

nas?

you're just a ton of fun user
bet you get invited to all the parties