LineageOS isn't a good custom ROM, and people who consider LineageOS support as a selling point shouldn't be on here

LineageOS isn't a good custom ROM, and people who consider LineageOS support as a selling point shouldn't be on here.

well what's the alternative then

Not bait, it is literally the worst rom after you take a trip over to XDA

Replicant

It's a generic debotnetted AOSP with the widest hardware support, and it's still not officially released. There's going to be better roms feature wise but a lot of them are botnet, not that the pajeets at XDA give a shit.

>no wifi
>no gps
>no nfc
>no bluetooth

If you use a smartphone, you shouldn't be on Sup Forums.

Enjoy your proprietary software, faggot

You're posting here thanks to proprietary software

You're wrong. Lineage is fine. It provides a barebones system that is comprehensive, and an easy way to take some control away from Google.

I do think there are better alternatives though.

Aex is my favorite, resurrection remix is nice too.

Same

It made my grand prime usable, so no complaints

>tfw obscure old phones with no Lineage support lying around

Butthurt brainlet detected, even pajeets can figure that shit out.

>have Nexus phone with Lineage OS for a totally open source userland and kernel, minus a couple of drivers, and only the low level bootloaders and the cellular modem are proprietary (basically the same amount of freedom that you'd get from installing GNU/Linux on an average laptop)

OR

>buy Samdung with proprietary everything, including the shitty skin they put over Android, and be lucky if you get one major OS upgrade and extra lucky if you can even root it to remove the Google malware and carrier bloat (absolutely cuckoldry)

OR

>contract HIV and have sex with men as you struggle with a huge pile of dongles for your iPhone (TM) 9X-SE (TM) (absolutely faggotry)

OR

>use a shitty flip phone or no phone at all

The choice is yours.

So do custom roms have any exclusive features?

less to no google

It isn't lineage os or samshit buddy

TWRP + Lineage + Magisk + Xposed master race.

Bonus points for Freedreno and upstreamed Uboot.

Custom roms are for teenage "hackers" and thirdies

>having to flash your phones to make them usable
>iPhones work out of the box

Hahahahaha

Many of them (such as Lineage OS) remove all of the carrier and manufacturer modifications and the Google play services, so what you get is just stock Android. Your phone will be faster and get better battery life and you'll actually get updates.

Oh yeah, sorry. I almost forgot about your $20 chink housefire hardware and your Sailfsih OS/Ubuntu Touch/KDE Mobile that have a grand combined total of like 45 apps, with nearly half being calculators or Bible apps. Fucking kill yourself.

>renting computing time from an american evil megacorp in 2017
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

If you buy a samsung phone there is not many options aside from lineage.
(unless you setup a build server and do all the testing yourself)
The alternative is to get a google phone which gives you other options, but then you have to support the terrorists organization directly and then use a mediocre phone.