Intel Optane SSD

Who's getting one? Will I see a difference in day to day Windows use?

retard

I don't know anything about optane, care to elaborate more?

Worth it for the free Star Citizen ship.

It makes your pc boot 0.1 nanosecond faster while costing 4 times more than an ssd. It's a product that's only slightly useful for enterprise since they are the most likely to find the need for it as a regular consumer will most likely doesn't have a huge thousand user vm server, or a ridicoulously huge database that it accessed by thousands of users at the same time. It's also a product that was co developed by Micron. Micron is a major manufacturer who has been cought multiple times coluding, and price fixing with other big name manufacturers.

Isn't that ship worth like $200? And how much is the drive $389? So basically you get a 3D XPoint drive for $189.

is pcie ssds like 960evo worth it? or should i get regular sata ssd?

if you can sell the ship then maybe but the increased supply would lower the price.

i have no idea how that game works so if you cant sell the ship then its worthless.

Even NVME drives aren't worth it.

go for the regular user
they might be better in benchmarks but they're one of the biggest memes out there in real world use scenario
can't find the pic but you can look it up

>So basically you get a 3D XPoint drive for $189.
No you get a 3d xpoint for $389, and they give you worthless digital addon product to entice people into paying a subscrition for a game.
Just raid some ssds on sata

>colluding, price fixing
So they are in good company with Intel then.

m.2 nvme is superior(price and performance)

>So they are in good company with Intel then.
Pretty much.

>state of art storage needed for a game that is still in beta after years
Game development in a nutshell

if only it was beta

more like pre alpha

What Sata SSD do you recommend now?

850 EVO as always

I personally love the hyperx series and evos never fail

Shitizen here
Currently the ship is only available with the SSD as a part of a promotion with Intel, so it has no fixed value.

Though it is an upgraded variant of a $170 ship.

So this is actually a pretty good deal if you want to get into SC?

You also get the Star Citizen game too. And you can buy Squadron 41 or whatever for $15 instead of $45. So free $200 ship and free $45 game and $30 off another game. So $275 off the cost of the drive which was $389 means you are getting it for like 100 bucks.

If you want to get into SC, just buy the cheapest thing and wait for the game to come out. I think right now it's $60 for SQ42 (singleplayer wing commander style)/SC (the big meme MMO) or $75 for both.

t. man who got both for $30 by abusing the refresh button a couple years ago

Don't fall for the "buying virtual ships" meme, by the time there's enough game to give a shit you'll be able to get them ingame.

Running server hardware can improve some edge cases but it's mostly retarded.

How fast will this boot Windows. I want a computer where it's like flipping a light switch.

It won't boot any faster. See: Booting from SATA vs. NVME SSD.

Unless you are running hdd already, in which case, just get a ssd.

It will be snappier in Windows though.

No, no perceptible difference there either.

If you compile or make extreme heavy writes.
Begins 3 to 5 times more fast Samsung 960 on small files, could support 8TB continue write until performance down,amazing concistent latencies.

But in case works on load big photos or medium video, Samsung 960 pro had better performance.

Try sleep mode.