/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
OnePlus 5T to arrive on November 16
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t_might_arrive_on_november_16-news-27957.php

[MrMobile] - Pixel 2 XL Review: Burn-In Down The House
youtube.com/watch?v=f1Tv3-yDp00

Deal: Unlocked Sony Xperia XZ drops to just $315 on Amazon and B&H
phonearena.com/news/Deal-Unlocked-Sony-Xperia-XZ-drops-to-just-315-on-Amazon-and-B-H_id99330

Asus Zenfone V Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Asus-Zenfone-V-Review_id4436

Android 8.1 Developer Preview hands on
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/android-8-1-developer-preview-hands-on-everything-new-in-googles-latest-update/

[Floss] Google Pixel 2 XL Unboxing And First Impressions
youtube.com/watch?v=3pvnGC0iI-A

Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) passes through Geekbench with 6GB of RAM
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_2018_geekbench_6gb_of_ram-news-27938.php

Erica Griffin compares blue shift on the Pixel 2 XL to the LG V30
twitter.com/iAm_erica/status/923613176800800768

old

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/792x0n/is_there_proof_that_the_pixel_2_xl_blue_tint/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mfw iPhone 6s still isn't worth upgrading because everything sucks

>he's so insecure about his Pixel 2 he has to post webM's of the Note8 lagging just to make himself feel okay

user, if you don't like your pixel just return it, no need to try and literally brain wash yourself in this manner.

>lagdroid lags
STOP THE PRESSES

So because of trade-ins I can get the Pixel 2 XL for the same price as an S8 and a Pixel 2 will be $200 cheaper. Between these 3 I think I still want the S8 for the larger screen on the smaller phone, am I retarded for not taking advantage of the cheaper price of the Pixels?

Only if you NEED vanilla android in your life, the S8 is better hardware than both pixels, the only real issue is touchwiz, which isn't even that bad and most people have no problems with. It's mainly neck beards who scream about vanilla android being better than sex.

new pixels are fucking garbage. I would never buy another samshit phone personally, but it's way better than the new garbage google is trying to push out

Don't forget the fact that the Pixel 2 has an infinitely superior camera and front facing speakers.

What is the point of buying a high-tier phone today? Isn't 5G out soon?

is the iphone 7 plus good for $450

absolutely not. s8 is a great phone. there are drawbacks to each phone you listed and if small size with no bezels is what you want, the s8 is absolutely the right choice.

>infinitely superior camera
kill yourself, even camera reviewers admit while the Pixels are better, the S8 camera is pretty fucking great in itself.

Why the fuck do you niggers ALWAYS take hyperbole to the extreme? Because the Pixel 2 camera is better SUDDENLY the S8 camera is trash tier? Kill yourselves, it's still one of the top 10 smartphone cameras on the market, period.

I apologize to anyone who has to read this. What a disgrace of a post.

after debating myself the past few days 3 quick answers have made up my mind, thanks anons

lel no.

I never thought I'd go to reddit and actually browse it, but that's just how far I'm willing to go to avoid getting a garbage screen. Anyways, here's a post from someone that replaced his phone and the blue tint on his newer pixel was far less apparent on his new phone.
Picture related
reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/792x0n/is_there_proof_that_the_pixel_2_xl_blue_tint/

no problem. I ended up getting the p2xl because I wanted stock android but I was very close to buying the s8 because of its size and screen. I just hope the xl isnt too large for me.

someone finally got their panda

god damn

Fuck off
Note8

Is that even a big deal in real life? Even tech nigger said that the issue is way overblown.

Pixel 2

I have s6+ edge which is the same size as that and I never want to go bigger. seeing as the s8 is larger screen size but smaller phone I think I'll be happiest with it

Note8

Pixel 2

Note8

Isn't the phone on the left sharper looking here? If anything the phone on the right looks more yellow than it should.

Pixel 2 absolutely destroyed the Note 8 in this shot.

Pixel 2

Again, no one is saying the S8/S8+/Note8 are better, but to claim they're SHIT while the Pixel 2 is the best smartphone camera on the market is retarded.

condense your shit fucking nigger

just post the source

enjoy your screen burn in

>destroyed

Depends what you mean, if you mean it's more accurate to real life colors, sure. Many people would prefer the pop and vibrancy of the S8 shots though.

Shocking as it might be, preference has it's place.

...You too? The pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are both OLED and worse quality than samsung to boot at least in the XL.

It has a better dynamic range.

those trees be leanin hard

why do you cunts keep turning these threads into Pixlel vs Samshit threads.. what the fuck.

Yeah, that's the whole fucking point about google's HDR they've been touting for awhile now.

Even the OG pixel with googles HDR processing will have greater dynamic range.

Thankfully it's software and samsung can improve this over time.

It's the samefag with the Note 8

they're both shit

It's litearlly one faggot. He's been here every day for awhile now. He posted these webM's last thread too

Note 8:
>far better screen
>headphone jack
>microSD
>s-pen

Pixel 2 XL
>vanilla android
>stereo speakers
>bit better camera
>extra software features

Since I care far more about a headphone jack than listening to music through phone speakers I chose the Note

As one of the people who constantly call you out.

Kek, the fact you think it's just one of us with the Note8 calling out your BS all the time is actually funny.

I've noticed at least 2-3 others calling you out as well who also said they had Note8s.

>bit better camera
Ahem user
check em
CLEARLY the pixel is miles better.

>spending over $400 for an shitdroid phone

not me.

>bit better camera

Not "bit better", infinitely superior.

:^)

>everything sucks
You got that right, though if I was a richfag I'd buy that RED camera phone just for shigs and gigs.

there's another pixelfriend who loves his cameras.

>cameras
camera
singular not plural, that would be the Note8 silly.

all modern smartphones have 2 cameras or more.

No one actually uses the front camera though unless they're a child or maybe a slut taking nudes.

i use it daily with your mom.

That's disgusting... she's a 60 year old fat diabetic.

>Thankfully it's software and samsung can improve this over time.

Don't count on it, they still can't even get white balance right.

Someone has to love her.

Why is there no ultimate smartphone

then manually change the white balance retard

tfw still no reason to upgrade

why is my Moto Display crashing every other day?

can you even run youtube?

Because whatever you consider to be best someone else thinks is shit.

I swear it's like you guys grew up and your parents never taught you to respect other's opinions.

Yes but i like to use my computers for that because the screen is so small on this phone

No why is there no phone who has the best specs on all subjects

my phone is 70% a youtube player. Got a 5.5" just for that

for 450 that's a good deal senpai. Switched back to android myself though.

Because every part of a cellphone is going through development by some company independently.

When the manufacturer creates a phone they pick the parts months before the phone will ever be released.

This means there HAS to be some lead time in development and during this development phase, the other companies aren't going to stop their research and design on THEIR new latest and greatest SoC or camera, or whatever else.

By the time your phone releases no matter WHAT, there will be something else better just about to release.

Yah but tech nigger is a Google shill. But I think it's overblown to so meh

>being poor

can anyone recommend me a phone smaller than the redmi 3 note pro? prefer xiaomi

So /spg/, my LG g3, although amazingly still working after 3 years, is starting to act up on me (radio not working occasionally, have to remove battery whenever I reboot). I usually like getting flagship devices, but nothing on the market really seems that great to me at the moment. I'm going to try to stick it out until phones with the next Snapdragon are released, but I'm not confident that my g3 will last until then. So, what are some good low budget phones that work in the United States? I don't play any games or anything, it really just needs to be able to handle Facebook messenger and Snapchat. I'm currently on Verizon, but I have no real reason to stay with them, so any major US carrier is fine.
Budget would be less than 200$

Not an argument when the Pixel can automatically do it correctly.

>having manual white balance is bad

whatever you say user the turbo shilling for the pixel should stop though, it's a fine phone, but lying about it to get people to buy it just seems fucking retarded unless you're getting paid.

You don't understand what the white point is.

From the kid pretending these two pictures are night and day difference? Rich.

even modern phones have too small screens for comfy video watching. I have a 10" tablet for that when i dont want to use my thinkpad.

is fast charging a meme? does it kill your battery?

Nice try.

And what extra software features does stock Android have? You fucking retard.

No manufacturers should be able to make the most advanced devices if they wanted to but I think why because if they would make a ultimate phone they wouldn't sell a lot of newer phones so they keep selling shit.

it's really nice to be able to charge for 15 minutes before you leave and having a few hours worth of battery from that rather than carrying around a battery pack everywhere. my battery still lasts a full day after 2 years

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Will be used on Verizon but I want to purchase unlocked/independent.
>Wanted Features
mSD slot
Good battery
Unlocked Bootloader
LineageOS Support
Right to repair
>Size
Whatever
>Budget
Money isn't a problem.

My Pixel is on its way.

thank you

so I have a samsung s5 and my options to upgrade are Iphone 6 and moto g5plus (2gb ram). Help me chose

Lol I wasted the get :^)
btw i am a girl

No you're just a moron with no understanding of production lead times

Fucking idiot, if you morons would just learn about what the fuck you're LARPing about you might actually be able to make an informed opinion on the matter. As it is you're making up bullshit to fit your conspiracy narrative you invented because the JEWSSSS want your money.

It's sad.

Top speaker on my S8+ is just stuck at like 1% volume, do you think it's a software thing or did the actual speaker shit the bed?

Ask samsung, your phone is under warranty.

SEETHING

>implying the jews don't want my money

LG G6 or Moto Z Play

iPhone X pre orders started today and we only got 3 preorders at my store.

Samsung doesn't answer shit, they'll just replace it.

Then factory reset, if it's still fucked there is your answer

what's wrong with that

>android phone
>wealthy people