List item on ebay

>List item on ebay
>person contacts me and says they live close by and want to pick up the item
>they come and pay cash so i end the item
>ebay messages me telling me i broke the rules and they are charging me a final value fee

WTF

You should have removed the listing the moment he said he was going to pick it up.

thats why you dont sell outside of feebay dumbass.
you should have told the buyer to pay thru paypal as normal THEN come by and pick it up. its your own fault for not reading the TOS fucktard. no sympathy for your fees. hope you learned your lesson. next time you wanna sell something for cash.. craigslist that shit dummy!

>>they come and pay cash so i end the item

he did that, dumbass... ebay considered it an outside sale. dont fuck with ebay!

He ended the item after the sale.

ebay scans private messages, if you even hint at selling outside of ebay they punish you. it wouldnt have mattered if OP ended the listing.

similar thing happened to me. Someone asked for more detailed photos and i told them i had the item advertised on gumtree with better pics.

We completed the sale through gumtree and ebay got pissed even though they own gumtree.

You can't prove sales based on exchanged messages in court.
You'd need to provide transaction proof.

However since he was kicked off the platform it doesn't matter.

wait, how do you END the item after its sold. once its sold, it IS ended.

dummy

Nigger HE SOLD THE ITEM OUTSIDE EBAY.

uhm, you are stupid. did you even read the post? the auction ENDED because someone WON IT, the buyer asked for LOCAL PICKUP. so instead of paying for the item THRU EBAY, the buyer paid the seller CASH. seller removed the item even tho it sold thru ebay but wassnt paid thru ebay. ebay got pissed because they didnt get their final value fee and charged seller the fee anyways and said he sold the item outside ebay.... if someone wins your auction and never pays, if you remove the item ebay considers it an outside sale... if someone doesnt pay you are supposed to file a non paying bidder cllaim agains tthem so ebay DOESNT charge you a fee and accuse you of outside sales.

learn2ebay you newfag

its because they cant jew you with their shipping fees if you do that

I did this only eBay never found out
I dunno how you fucked this up. It's not like they have personal investigators for small sellers

Trigger words in messages. automated response from ebay.

So you fucked up, OP, and you got caught, either pay them what you owe them (because you used eBay to get in touch with the buyer) or tell them to fuck off and close the account.

It's simple, and you're being a childish little bastard whining about, even more so because you came to Sup Forums to do it.

>fucking stupid people will be the death of us all

"Unfortunately, eBay forbids this, please message me at email or phone number to discuss our options"

You're not telling them no, you're not telling eBay yes, and eBay can no longer monitor you

Cant type email addresses or phone numbers in ebay messages. wont let you.

I Don't remember what happened, I think she asked to do a local pick up, and I okayed it
Somehow we were able to communicate off of eBay

Probably a simple (a) instead of @

>you got caught
Congratulations

Do a chargeback... And fuck ebay.

>get iPhone x for $999
>sell it on eBay for $1500 within hours

Why doesn't everyone take advantage of idiots?

Because Apple is artificially constraining the supply which causes more demand which increases the prices of devices being scalped off on eBay and other such sites.

It's all part of the plan, son, pay attention.

civil court is not criminal court. there is a preponderance of evidence standard. If they have logs saying you let them pick up but never paid through ebay or made a non-payment claim, it's on you to prove you didn't try to jew a jew out of their commission. Not that something so small would ever get to court.

mmm read the rules next time?

>ebay functions off taking a cut out of your profit
>surprised that they got pissed when you worked around having to give a cut
are you retarded? be more covert next time you fucking brainlet