Why is SSD being called a meme?

Why is SSD being called a meme?

because ur an gaye lole

Because calling SSDs a meme is a meme

this

ultra poor fags being insecure.

Some people still can't afford more HDD space. It's a meme to them because instead of buying a 250GB SSD they could buy a 2TB HDD.

>data hoarders

gtfo, faggots.

because price-gouging and nand cartels exist
because raid, raptors and cheetahs exist

caching lol

>data hoarders

SSDs are better to everyone but a minority. This minority is really vocal about it, that's it.

what the fuck are you hoarding so much?

>meme
Because Sup Forums doesn't even know what the word meme means and call it everything they don't like.

The "meme" word changed meaning from "internet phenomenon" to "thing I don't like", according to Sup Forums.

Rule of thumb: anything tech related that gets called a meme a lot is probably something with a very niche use case and a somewhat high price tag

Ex:
>21:9 monitors
>4k monitors
>SSDs (especially NVMe and M2)
>Small form factor cases
>Mechanical keyboards
>high refresh rate monitors

None of the things I listed are bad, they all have their uses and are pretty good if you decide to spend the money on them. The problem is a ton of poorfags will call it a meme for some reason.
Like the 5:4 cucks saying 21:9 is a meme. Just poorfags being stuck in the past, probably NEETs who can barely afford computer parts.

Sup Forums couldn't afford one so xhe tried to convince the Apple passers by that it's shit.

Relax, calling things you don't like a meme is just another meme.

Because retards don't get the concept of partioning a relatively, cheap, small,ssd for their OS, and using a mechanical drive for storage. Try it on a laptop and tell me it's a meme. It's makes even a shitty laptop feel like a super computer.

i replaced my 1TB hdd with 250GB ssd
than i started taking dd raw images of my ssd for backup because i cant fill my hdd with real stuff

NAND is shit now. Long live Intel Optane

Well let's put it this way. If the internet as we know it gets destroyed, we need to have a stash of important things.

Don't you want to save the lolis, user?

kill yourself faggot.

>it's for cp
of course.

Why do you post threads about how befuddled you are every time you get memed on?

Fucking degenerate.

yep
>things I like are the objectively correct solution for all people, in all possible cases
>things I don't like are memes

because it only makes a difference if you constantly reboot your pc, which rarely ever happens.

because poorfags are jealous of my superior load times and superior boot time.

Just no

? How much do you reboot your pc?

consider the fact:
both ssds and hdds have their place in technology. it's cheaper to create an hdd than an ssd (currently) so its economical to hold large data dumps on an HDD and using an SSD for everyday read/write. i use a main SSD for my server to boot off of and then it uses HDDs for everything else. it boots within seconds and i still have 3TB of storage ready to store things. transfer speeds are USB3.0 so it's still pretty fucking fast.

/thread

>very niche use case
>SSDs

They're pretty much the standard today even for budget builds, the only people who don't have an SSD are NEETs who convinced themselves SSDs are "that stupid thing people with more money than sense buy to brag about transfer speeds, haha, I am so savvy for using my 2014 Seagate for everything and not falling for the meme," because all they can see is MB per dollar.
I know because I used to be like that, not so long ago. Then I got an SSD and I can honestly tell you the last hardware purchase that impacted my user experience on a similar magnitude was a CD drive.

unironically this

How do you use SSDs? You install your OS in it and transfer any large files to the HDD? Or do you partition both the SDD and the HDD and put, like, the home partition in the SSD and the / in the HDD?

What is the proper way to do it?

If I ever dared use Linux for my desktop PC I'd probably just make the SSD / and put the HDD(s) at /mnt/hoard or something.

This might also keep the HDDs shut down, nice and quiet, at least when I'm not consuming the 2D on them.

Because I can't afford it

quick whats the cheapest 250gb ssd i can get

because to the fuckboy script kiddie who spent 3 days on Sup Forums everything is a meme

Why is she so fucking hot?

because you're a thirsty virgin

Anime
> mfw all those fags that laughed at me for hoarding anime were sperging out the day NYAA shut down

Liking hags is degeneracy.

Because people like trolling

>The "meme" word changed meaning from "internet phenomenon" to "thing I don't like", according to Sup Forums.

The word "meme" refers to a cultural gene. Something that people share, tweak (mutate) and share some more.

There was memes thousands of years ago, it has nothing to do with the internet. A meme is a term that was invented in the 60s I believe and refers to anything in a culture that is shared and sometimes tweaked before they are shared again such as jokes, stories, urban legends, visual clichès (like Marcel Duchamp's "Mona Lisa with moustache" from 1919), songs, melodies and so on.

>mastered the blockchain
bullshit

>Why is SSD being called a meme?
Costs more than HDD per gigabyte, but costs less to manufacture. Hmm... really actuates the almond.

i make videos with my phone everyday

Ssd being a meme is just babbys first redpill
When you go all the way you will also go back to CRT monitors

because it nets you 300 replies and loads of (You) s

Kys pedo scum.

Literal shills working for spinning rust companies. That's the truth.

Fuck off to

Whay are all you Jewish people pedos though? Go back to Youtube's comments section.