Why does Sup Forums hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

forge.rust-lang.org/platform-support.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

botnet

SJW cuck mozilla botnet meme

they managed to make the syntax worse than C++ and Perl combined

Sup Forums hates anything that isn't C or Lisp

How can you not love the turbofish and the 'single quote lifetime specifier token?

Seriously though, who the hell thought either of those was a good idea?
The language is barely stable now and it already feels like it needs a new syntax.

I love it.

why would you want that abomination to live on, f a m

Horrible synthax
Not brainlet friendly
I already master C

t. Brainlet mastering C and its simple yet expressive liberal synthax

neo-Sup Forums can't even program

I go on Sup Forums and I don't hate it. Continue

in time you will learn

>I already master C
bwahahahahahaah, get aload of this webshit!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have no idea what you are talking about.

The kind of C programmer that cannot into Rust (or anything else really) is why we're still getting juicy CVEs from 25 year old Unix shit that was supposed to be "simple" and "just work".

brainlets

what's the best lisp?

>simple yet expressive
Either you
1. Are very new to programming or
2. Most likely, baiting

I like it, it has the potential to surpass C++. It has the build system and package management figured out. As time passes, continual patches will improve Rust's ergonomics.

Reminder that C++ was not usable until C++11.

Because every rust user seems to want everyone else to rewrite everything in rust.

>Reminder that C++ was not usable until C++11.
This. Rust is actually making pretty fast progress.
I wouldn't bet on it for production use until the libraries (and maybe the new async/generator stuff) stabilize a bit, but it's quite usable.

And I've yet to cause a segfault with it, which is saying something.

SJWzilla meme lang

too difficult for Sup Forums brainlets

obnoxious SJW user base

test

Rust is really nice and all, and I hope it does improve with regards to what I'm about to list, but Rust will NEVER surpass C++ until it manages the following:
- Much finer borrow checking (I'm aware this is already in progress with non lexical lifetimes, but it's taking fucking ages, and who knows if it'll make the borrow checker fine enough).
- Compile time function execution
- Better platform support (I can't compile to mips1, for example).

forge.rust-lang.org/platform-support.html

I'd say platform support is decent, even if the non-tier 1 architectures are broken half the time in nightly and there's plenty of crates that don't really work with stable.

Just got something building again on armv7 after it was broken for about a week because of linking issues.

clojure

I tend to doubt the speed advantage and absence of gc is really necessary for most server infrastructure related programming. I have a feeling that Go would be almost as fast and much easier to understand and build large scale stuff in. Rust might be better in small driver kind of stuff where you need the absolute highest speed and cant tolerate a lost millisecond. But for building large stuff I dont see Rust taking off.

If you say that you've mastered C, chances are you are not even close.

C/C++ already exists for System programming
Java/C# already exists for General Purpose stuff

Rust simply doesnt fit.

> inb4 muh safety, expressive, modern constructs...

The average developer doesn't care about that.
Face the facts: He just want to get the shit done with libraries and frameworks.

Sup Forums does not hate it.

>t. jelly

>C/C++ already exists for System programming
Yes, the world of sploits wouldn't be the same without those two.

fuck Sup Forums

I don't even think about it

because it's uglier than C++ and more pretentious than Haskell

probably clojure

>Compile time function execution
CTFE is being discussed for consideration

To this list, the other feature I really want in the language is Impl trait for function return types, which is a must whenever you work with long chains of iterators or returning closures (unless you are willing to box shit up).

Apart from that... const generics are a really sweet feature, especially when combined with guarenteed compile time execution.

Afaik, Rust already has some level of compile time evalutation through const propagation, but it's a non-guarenteed compiler optimization.

daily reminder that programming languages dont cause bugs, shitty programmers do

sage