/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Huawei Mate 10 review
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10-review-1675.php

Qualcomm likely to announce the Snapdragon 845 in early December
gsmarena.com/qualcomm_likely_to_announce_the_snapdragon_845_in_early_december-news-27978.php

Deal: Sony Xperia XZ drops to $314.99
gsmarena.com/deal_sony_xperia_xz_drops_to_31499-news-27967.php

The Essential PH-1 Isn't A Success, And The $200 Price Drop Proves It
techtimes.com/articles/214739/20171024/the-essential-ph-1-isnt-a-success-and-the-200-price-drop-proves-it.htm

OnePlus 5T to arrive on November 16
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t_might_arrive_on_november_16-news-27957.php

[MrMobile] - Pixel 2 XL Review: Burn-In Down The House
youtube.com/watch?v=f1Tv3-yDp00

[Floss] Google Pixel 2 XL Unboxing And First Impressions
youtube.com/watch?v=3pvnGC0iI-A

(Deal Alert) 64GB ZTE Axon 7 Dual SIM GSM Unlocked Smartphone (Global Model) - $ 229.99
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1017631.html

old

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/sampwnd-root-galaxy-s8-snapdragon/
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/development/root-samfail-galaxy-note8-t3685340
sonymobile.com/in/products/phones/xperia-r1/
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8922&idPhone2=8571
amazon.in/gp/product/B076HSBF11/
gsmarena.com/sony_announces_xperia_r1_and_xperia_r1_plus_in_india-news-27960.php
xda-developers.com/note-8-real-world-performance-analysis/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw no cute anime smartphone

daily reminder the latest generation samsung devices have locked bootloaders and limits your battery to 80% (2600mah) if you root

>limits to 2600 mah
Proofs pls Im gonna kill myself

and even if you root you will not be able to install xposed because the os is odexed.

xda-developers.com/sampwnd-root-galaxy-s8-snapdragon/

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/development/root-samfail-galaxy-note8-t3685340

Still buttmad about you pixshits using displays from 1995?

hahaha oh my god I cant believe this shit I was actually eyeing S9 next year moving up from a Nexus 5 2013. Fuck man I am never going to upgrade....

lmaoing @ samshit users from my xiaomi

Still buttmad that your precious Note 8 got destroyed by last year Pixel in photography?

Holy fuck, and I thought my old S6 was cucked.

I love my OP5.

Do you think the Sony Xperia R1 will come to Europe?
I think this phone is perfect for me.

It's snapdragon.
It will get the android 8 update.

sonymobile.com/in/products/phones/xperia-r1/

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8922&idPhone2=8571

amazon.in/gp/product/B076HSBF11/

galaxy~

>using touchwizz launcher instead of nova
you're just asking for lag

I can't find a Android phone that fits all my needs, should I just say fuck it and get and iPhone?

what needs will a iPhone satisfy that an android doesn't?
what are your needs?

What can iPhones offer that Android doesn't? If you're gay, just get the Samsung Galaxy S8. It is the iPhone of Android. There is no excuse for getting an overpriced fugly phone over an Samsung, you can't even blame stupidity/incompetence anymore as you basically have to be retarded to enjoy a Samsung, Apple sold their brand as they released the iPhone 6 for the fourth fucking time, with a slap of glass on the rear and specs that almost compare to the specs of the iPhone 6's origonal rivals upon release. Just consider that for three fucking seconds.

it's neat, it's new and sony is good with updates, i'd get.

provoking fag

skip the iphone and get a dragon dildo

The iPhone will have better performance after a couple years and long term support, and that's about it over Android but every Android phone has some big problem with it, like the v30 for example it is perfect everywhere except for a chink quality display

>Touchwiz

Nah

Already have one

>Already have one
Get another one for your mouth

if you can live with burn in pixel 2 XL if not pixel 2.

What's a good phone charger I can buy online? Has to be micro USB and not USB-c.

My reasoning is if you don't have a reason to go with andorid, don't. Because once you do you are locked in forever.

Those of us with rooting dependency are forever limited with our selection of choices. It's a blessing and a curse.

Get an iPhone X and be happy. It looks pretty cool.

Sure

Thanks, I'll look into it

Not even the Pixel 2 is THAT much better than Note 8. The big difference is that the Pixel 2 has a tad more realistic shot rather than the saturation the Note 8 uses which some people actually prefer. Either way the camera is marginally better retard.

Alright Sup Forums I need your help.
I need an alternative to habit browser, just found out the developer abandoned it. I need a browser that has actual tabs and not this individual window bullshit that everybody copied from chrome. Any suggestions?

gsmarena.com/sony_announces_xperia_r1_and_xperia_r1_plus_in_india-news-27960.php
>Sony has launched two new smartphones in the Indian market, the Xperia R1 and the Xperia R1 Plus. These are compact, budget Android phones that Sony claims are “designed for Indian lifestyle” and “designed to excite the new Indian”
hmmmm....

How are people finding switching to Android O? What are the major changes that affect you or improve your life?

Blackberry one is the best for quality.

Considering the comparison you posted yesterday, the differences are not "marginal'. Like in the flower or bridge shots, Pixel 2 rinsed the Note 8 pretty throughout.

>It looks pretty cool

What is the point of buying a high-tier phone today? Isn't 5G out soon?

It's a conscious design decision. Apple doesn't want their flagships to be confused with generic glowing rectangles now that the big bezels are gone.

It's all about brand recognition.

Double tap to wake the phone and doing shitload of things on the lock screen without unlocking have been incredibly helpful.

until they remove it in the next addition. it's just poorly thought out shitty engineering

I've used phones from both ecosystems and all I can say is iPhones are perfect if you don't like tinkering and have shit that just werk but at the cost of freedom.

y'all kidding me, iphones are the most generic smartphones ever.

Despite the battery being somewhat meh for a note, I'm liking my note 8 quite a lot. Get through the end of the day with at least 40% battery. Don't miss my 6p at all.

You don't mind getting outclassed by the Pixel 2 XL pretty badly?

No bulli

enjoy your screen burn in and blue shift

>TouchJizz

>touchwizz

>spending $900 on the shittiest screen available

>touchwizz

>he thinks it's me

kek, like i told you yesterday, when you tell obvious lies you're gonna get more than one person calling you out on your shit.

they're both terrible phones that aren't worth the money

Yeah, I'm missing that burn in and shit-tier google support.

Never dealing with a google made/sponsored phone again.

>when you get shrket by alpha us based tech support that you only buy shitty brands like smasung now

Anyone who actually believes touchwiz is shit and Vanilla android is perfect is fucking retarded. Is vanilla android smoother? Sure by a bit.
But pretending touchwiz is stuck in 2009 when it's 2017 is just lying and anyone with experience with a modern samsung phone will honestly think you're a retard.

The S8/S8+/Note8 or Pixel 2/Pixel 2XL debate is retarded.

If you care about hardware samsung clearly won this generation. If you care about software, you already know you want vanilla android and wouldn't be looking at samsung anyway. For most people samsung is the obvious phone of the year. For autists and people who NEED vanilla android, get the pixel and hope to hell you don't get a shit screen.

>If you care about hardware Apple clearly won this generation.

FTFY

Galaxy s6 dead, getting a new phone in an hour.
G6 good? Design looks nice but I've never owned anything other than galaxy phones.

LG has a history of bootloops which they refuse to fix, i'd try the nokia 8, sony XZ1, a oneplus 5, galaxy S8, honor 9, huawei P10,

i feel like i should go back to iphone

android manufacturers / google don't win on principle anymore, they all do stupid bullshit. i haven't bothered rooting anything since my lg g2x way back when. it's not like any company supports the phone long enough for the software to strain the hardware. the premium price is everywhere. the same apps are on everything. and now android is pushing harder and harder to this always listening NSA entrapment that really gets my dale gribble senses tingling

Copperhead os

redmi note 5 when

Is there no custom fw for the g6 that fixes that though?

Here's what I have about nova.

GLOBALS. WHERE ARE THE GLOBALS.

>Sure by a bit.

Nice delusion, Samshit shill.

no it's hardware.

Note 4 just died here. What a shame.

Why hasn't an import ban been slapped on Samsung for allowing this MMC bullshit to continue unremedied for so long?

G6 hasn't bootlooped so far, perhaps LG finally fixed it

please respond

I gotchu senpai

Samsung browser with custom dpi

You need xposed and app settings, with force immersive mode if you want immersive mode, duh

xda-developers.com/note-8-real-world-performance-analysis/

Right now I'm planning to upgrade from my s5. Should I go with xiami mi 5 or moto g 5 plus (2gb) which one has a better camera and performance?

yeah i read that, but i'm hoping that doesn't mean they won't release it to other markets.

if I replace my battery in my phone with another battery that's not specified for the phone but it works, can I still use fast charging?

Should I buy the blackberry keyone, Sup Forums?

That keyboard is sexy

The fuck are you talking about faggot I never posted any pics

He keeps getting called out for his lies, he's been in every thread for like 2 weeks shitting on the S8 and Note8 and shilling the Pixels.

this is the ultimate phone
over a decade of smartphone design has lead to this moment

Touchwiz is the true and pure iOS experience as Steve Jobs intended, Rajeesh.

Should I trade in my v20 for a note 8? I'd get the s8 but it's only $200 cheaper

Everyone will agree, hardware-wise, design-wise, it is the best phone ever made.
The software makes it completely worthless though. It's really, really bad. Also
>Bixby

flat screen, no bixby button and stock android, it would be loads better

If you like stock LG software (and homosexual intercourse), then yeah you'll fucking love touchjizz dude

I usae nova launcher on mine and honestly Samsung pay is pretty amazing vs something like android pay. Furthermore you can disable the Bixby button if you want or not be a complete retard and learn how to use it.

all i know about the note 8 is that when my cousin tried to use google maps for nav, it loaded up the route and the gps froze, meaning it didnt track location changes as we drove along.

I'm trying to upgrade my cm13 install to LOS 14.1 on my xperia zr but am greeted with a error code that it couldn't verify the whole file signature. I'm using cwm since I can't install twrp because fastboot won't allow me for some reason. Anyone here had a similar problem? (I did a full device reset in cwm)

I'm from Denmark, a first world country, so we've had an extremely widely used mobile paying solution for our smartphones for years now, and even Android and Apple Pay etc. are so archaic, they're more trouble than our contactless cards and mobilepay system which works inbetween private individuals as well, regardless of their bank with no fees.

Also you can't remap it, not even with an app, Samshit patched that. Also, everyone can use voice assistants, most people prefer useful ones, like Google's.

That's obviously just a faulty phone. Your statement amounts to
"my cousin bought a broken phone and hasn't replaced it"

I use GPS on my Note8 every day on the drive to work.

does this affect the s7?

Anyone know a good (and cheaper) alternative to this USB type c DAC? Looking to better the sound on my pixel first gen.

That's sad but I'm not surprised people are going to vehemently defend whatever Smartphone they chose rather than having an objective conversation about the realistic pros/cons of each phone in the current market.

Yeah, we've tried that route with him, several people have been willing to concede on several points and point out that preference plays a roll, he knows what he's doing is just plain shilling at this point, I honestly assume he's just mentally ill in some way, or actually getting paid to astro turf for the pixels.

i've used only iphones up until now, and am a fan of jailbreak tweaks.
What is the equivalent of jailbreak tweaks on another phone OS?

Xposed modules on android I guess

Any dslr owners still use their dslr?

Capturing hdr on pixel
>hit button
>amazing image

Hdr on Canon
>download magic latern
>set up advance bracketing
>figure out the optimal frames, increment, the sequence
>dont forget your fucking tripod too
>hook it up to photoshop
>merge it
>it'll probably look better... maybe
>repeat if you don't fuck up

Just bought an s7 meme, how long is pic related suppose to take for first time turning on the phone?

>using voice assistants

It's not suppose to be in download mode ever

Guess I'm going to turn off the target.
Here's to hoping my new phone doesn't brick.

It bricked.

DONT
too late. sorry senpai

LMAOOOO

You paid for an S7?

It's better as a brick

thread gets pretty dead without the samsung shill