/mkg/ - Miami edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/aUFSSPa0

>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/mEmWGhbW

>FAQs:
pastebin.com/xGeZKSWE

>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdist.com/shop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I FUCKING HATE CAPS LOCK
Everyone who can't type with holding down shift all the time is a fucking faggot
And if you actually need it you can remap it to alt+shift or some shit
Everyone knows that the perfect layout for your left keyboard collumn is
>tild
>esc
>tab
>shift
>ctrl

reposting

Darker Miami is good

Are cherry mx clears any good?

I've only used reds, silvers and blacks.

I hated browns and blues.

I am looking for a keyboard company that sells mechanical, that i can upgrade the keycaps to make look comfy, and does not have numpad, help please

>something like pic related (i dont even know what is in the pic) keyboard noob here

really like this keyboard tho and if anyone can direct me to the caps and board that would be badass

>Are cherry mx clears any good?
yeah

Are those caps made from abs or pbt? I want to get something colourful but I can't stand the notion of spending 100$> on abs.

ABS

That's really fancy! Is it available from aliexpress?

what are some good white keycaps with LED shine through them?

reposting the fact i have both a skeletor zealios memeboard and a blank black hhkb

looks like a leopold 660c with hhkb white alphanumerics and blank black mods with the red escape, all the keycaps can be had at elitekeyboards.

enjoy spending a bunch on the caps tho I'd guess like $160

Anons, please help me with a keyboard.
What can be a good keyboard for programming, writing essays and gaming with:
>Numpad
>ANSI
>Cherry MX Reds
>RGB

>writing
>reds

Just use a rubber dome mate

>typing essays
>MX reds

I've never use a mechanical keyboard. ;_;
no bully pls

Topre

That's just stupid, rubber domes and reds are in no way similar to each other. Reds require much less force and not tactile at all.

MX reds are a trap that gayming companies push. They are shit switches for typing because they are linear and even worse they are scratchy as in you can feel the stem rub the housing

Blues are pretty great for typing essays and code

So I guess I gotta go for MX Brown or Blue?

Blues are annoying because of the clicking noise, I would recommend clears instead.

Caps Lock as function key is pretty dope though

how much should i pay for this? found it for 8 dollars and currently using laptop keyboard.

blues are annoying because of clicking, they also have very little tactile bump, browns have a worse tactile bump than blues and just feel like shit. Get clears like the other user recommended. do not get gateron clears they are completely different

does a 60% wireless/bluetooth mech keyboard exist? preferably of reasonable quality and relatively normal layout? my ideal would be a bluetooth pok3r (with mx blues or clears)

Yes anne pro or if your a high roller big spenda bt hhkb

thank you, do you know if you can disable the backlight on the anne? if so it seems like exactly what i'm looking for

Obligatory Model M post

>tenkeyless
Gaymen faggots need to leave
Only good board here

Um excuse me, I have a numpad.

If you like it, you should definitely just buy it for that price. You can barely get normal rubber dome keyboards for that price, let alone an actual mechanical keyboard.

best keep taking those pics before those keys shine up and you realize you wasted >$100 on abs brainlet

>Budget
50-200 usd
>Location (continent at least)
'murika
>Preferred switch type
never used any, but blacks caught my eye from the description. I want silence and my current keyboard requires alot of pressure do to keys freezing in place.
>Layout
murikan
>Form factor
full keyboard, I wont buy a new one that doesnt have a 10 key.
>Backlight
lighting on the keys would be nice for when I need to press a single key late at night. I would prefer this to be controllable, rgb is a plus.
>Previous/current keyboards
logitech dinovo edge, and currently using a $12 logitech k120, other than that just standard keyboards you'd find bundled with a prebuilt computer.

huge bonus if the fucking cable is removable so that it can easily be replaced, no usb micro though.

good boards with cherry blue keys?

Ducky Zero Black with a desk lamp

Ducky One

That is a really nice keyboard, does it come in ISO format? I need my æ, o and å keys

>budget
not like $1000 or something, that would just seem excessive. Less than that.
>Location
Norway
>Preferred switch type
MX browns, but any that has a certain tactile feel, but not high clicks.
>Form factor
I need a numpad, I have a job. Full keyboard.
>Backlight
Don't care
>Previous/current keyboards
Non-mechanical keyboards. I did have a Model M back in 1993, but it's boring with just gray. I would like some colors, something nice looking like OPs. I want something with a cable, nothing wireless.

Oh yeah... I want a scandinavian layout of some sort. At least ISO, I can always buy keys

Ducky One from Ducky Nordic since they have all the different layouts

Hello guys.
I've tried mechanical keyboards but I don't like them as much as the x220 keyboard (it's not mechanical, is it?).
Do you know of any keyboards that are similar, for my desktop pc?

What switch has good tactile feedback?

super tactile micro switches

Good one, I'll look into it... Thanks.

The only color keycaps available to nordic are black. Even if you buy separate keycaps, the only option available are black with white text. There are tons of manufacturers who all ONLY provide that option. (black with white text)

>super tactile micro switches
topre + bke domes

Varmilo do Nordic ISOs, quality keyboards too.

do you really mind it if a keyboard is loud? if no then i really think you should get an ibm or unicomp model m. that is litterally the best keyboard for typing on compared to all other keyboards ive had. ive never tried cherry mx clears but it is definitely better than cherry mx blues.

Chadboard reporting.

what keyboard and what switches?

Rosewill rk9000re v1. Cherry MX Red. I'd switch them to MX Greys, but I don't feel like desoldering them all

the flat logitech "illluminated" keyboards used to be pretty great but recent build quality is questionable

ya no wonder that litterally has the exact same shape as my keyboard. i have a rosewill rk9000v2 with red switches and black blank pbt caps.

Tactile MODs

so my unicomp model m seems to take different amount of forces to buckle the springs in different keys. does this mean there is a problem with the rivets? and also how hard is it to fuck up the keyboard with boltmodding?

give me one good reason not to

They're pretty good boys. I only wish they would have used black for the plate instead of red. Luckily you can't see it very well with my white caps.

Its not 11-11 yet.

wdymbt

I think it's some sort of numerology shit... Like "buy shit on 11th of november for good luck because equal numbers on our arbitrarily invented calendar somehow has some connection to how the future is going to be" or some other superstitious nonsense

11-11 sales my man, also browns are shit so dont do that the best switches on there are gateron blacks (lubed) or zealio switches if you dont mind getting ripped off

I've used cherry blue, cherry black and outemu brown switches and so far I've liked the outemu browns the most. Didn't really like the blacks and the blues seemed to be just browns with an obnoxious loud noise.

Thats fairly accurate for blues and browns but both of them are shit. if you can stomach the price zealios have a much nicer bump.

Caps as control is maximum comfy though

Zealios are just gateron browns

Is that a unicomp trackball?
How good is it? can it actually replace a logitech or kensington ball?

no more like gaterons version of an mx clear, browns have a much worse bump

The bumps on both of them are barely noticeable

Thank you so very much, they seem great.

Got a Redragon keyboard with knockoff blues today.

I'm not sure you've ever used them side by side. gat browns barely have a noticable bump while zealios have something similar to a clear. It is true that mx tactiles are shit tho

The most tactile MX switch I've used is zealio stems in panda housings and that has shit tactility too, MX switches are just complete garbage

how is the bump nicer?

Saber68 is the same thing but has MODs available.
Though the US site for KBfans has gateron browns available.

I also want something for gaymen.
I was planning on just fucking everything up and going for a Blackwidow or something like that.

larger, more pronounced and the switch is smoother
MODs are better than Zealios

They're both shit but this is true

Caps to Esc. Especially if you're a vim user.

We should do a what the fuck is wrong with reddit edition. Pic related.

I don't mind having a single artisan for escape if you get the right colourway and for the initial sale price but thats just retarded

can't find the saber68 anywherethe zealios are way more expensive are they worth it over cherry?

Artisans always look ugly

kbdist.com/shop/

Depends on how much you care about having the best possible trash, If I was you I would just buy a Model M, Topre board or some salmon alps

alps go to shit over time don't they

That thicc custom cable is sexy though.

Isn't the happy hacking layout like this?

Yup that's my layout but i wish there were boards with the actual key at that place

I must be the only one with MODs because everyone just suggests Zealios.

alps really really don't like grime and dirt but you can disassemble them and clean them with an ultra-sonic cleaner or even just some warm water and denture tables

Mods are similar to zealios but better, reddit loves zeal because he posts there but hes just a fat fucking jap with expensive ergo clears

Retard circus continues

jesus christ at least get something that matches the profile

Is that a Maxkey cap on the escape key? I didn't know they did a miami nights set. I've been pussying out of buying their normal SA Miami set for a few weeks now. Want some nice SA style caps really fucking bad.

Post keyboards pls
I have magicforce 68 with outemu black, noppoo choc mini with gateron blue, and masterkeys pbt s with cherry silver.

thats SP not maxkeys, SP did dsa miami dolch back in may I think

do NOT buy SA caps they at current are all abs

ABS>PBT