RMS Bingo

Do you use only freedom-respecting companies and products? Play RMS bingo and see how you stack up.

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/harry-potter.html
stallman.org/ebooks.pdf
twitter.com/rmspostcomments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guess I fall into the normie tier-category

Where is monsanto?

Red for actively avoid, blue for don't know who they are or don't need them.
Google, Intel and Microsoft are lodged so deeply into my anus that it's hard to even think of getting rid of them.

Change e-books to Kindle. I believe RMS had issues with the drm present in the kindle eco system and not all e-books

Netflix is recreation. You have no excuse other than you're a normie fuck who doesn't care about the consequences of his action.
>Google, Intel and Microsoft are lodged so deeply into my anus that it's hard to even think of getting rid of them.
Wrong. You're delusional if you think it's impossible not to patronize their services. People have been doing it for decades.
Agreed. Not all ebook formats implement DRM. PDF could be considered a container for ebooks.

This chart is incredibly easy. I literally don't use any of these services, and it's perfectly possible not to use these services and be a functional human being. In fact, your life will be easier if you let go.

How do I remove Google from my employer's mail account?
I have degoogled my phone and it runs LineageOS with microG but that still leaves them reading my mail.
Microsoft has muh games and Office, how do I read commented Word docs without compatibility issues?
I also have to build software for Windows sometimes so I have to run VS on Windows.
As for Intel it's impossible to get a respectable computer that gets both work and play done without a modern CPU. Don't say AMD because they are also backdoored.

What's wrong with Harry Potter, and ebooks? I don't read ebooks, I usually use PDF, but I don't try to avoid it.

>Black Star

Bowie is botnet?

he is wathing you fapping from heaven

>ebooks
Only kindle. Chink ebooks are fine if they don't give a shit about drm

ePub is also an open standard and you can get drm-free eBooks, at least in german, directly from some publishers. Also there is project Guttenberg for classics.

Ebooks should be replaced with .mobi.

I have a kindle and use DRM-free ebooks.

That being said i've only fallen for the intel and coke jews.
I use google but only the search engine

Coca Cola uses slave labor. I support Coca Cola

>amazon
where do you order your stuff from then, faggots?

aliexpress

/litfit/ here

fuck cocacola

Whoops did it backwards those are the ones I still use

what do i win

MS & GGL are next

Half of the crossed ones are companies i don't know

why avoid Blackstar? it is a good album

i avoid all except when at work (microsoft google and intel). What i dont get is why harry potter is there

Missing Adobe icon or was it in Apple category ?

What is wrong with Amazon?

>TFW I only use Spotify

Collects your data to shill ads to you and maybe even tailor prices

Dude what just give in already. If you need to use MS and Google services for work then you have to, just do it.

Dualboot gentoo or better yet get a thinkpad for your terrorist plans, conpletely separately from botnets.

Probably the Richard M Stallmans of the world just hate all drm content by principle
>DEFECTIVE BY DESIGN DOT COM

Oh no

Just dropping in with a daily reminder of a highly un-researched idea that your notes and scribbles are the most personal and vulnerable information you can have in the cloud and could be exploited against you in crazy ways if google or other botnets turn truly evil.

So fuck Evernote and Onenote and the rest of those. Carry on.

get on my level losers

>tfw using none of these

What's wrong with Harry Potter?

Oh boy, here I go triggerin' Stallman again.

>Uses Intel
>Not POWER9

Posted from my Talos secure workstation.

See: stallman.org/harry-potter.html
and
stallman.org/ebooks.pdf

Everyone who says they avoid google while posting ITT better have a Sup Forums pass otherwise you're all lying.

>books from amazon
>youtube and gmail (work) from google
>mouse and keyboard from microsoft

I don't avoid any of these at all. am i a normalfag?

No, you're someone with a job.

>books and other things from Amz
>Youtube from google
>Winblows 7 from M$
>Coke from living in the South
>Intel from CPU, but that's gonna change soon. Intel weanies BTFO

Did I win?

>tfw would've been 100% but I can't stop listening to David Bowie 's Black Star

>fuck cocacola
kys pepsi fag

It's not that I avoid them, I just don't use them.

>2017
>still using google

kill yourself.

red = avoid
yellow = never used
green = used

Not even close

I assume loyalty cards refer to generic customer retention and analogue bait-voluntary data mining schemes.
And I assume ebooks refers to proprietary formats, nut digital text in general.

Yellow question mark, I have no idea what those are.
Also no idea what harry potter means, but I never had any contact with the franchise or related things.

And to be fair I do use Google products, but I still avoid it if I can.

what do i win

I'd say you're right on the first two. RMS doesn't like harry potter because of some legal shit JK Rowling got into.

I have used Microsoft in the past but I wouldn't buy anything from them these days

you can't beat the crown, baby

I love cherry Coke zero

>letting the chinese gov know you're into onahols of your favorite chinese cartoon girlboys

never rode with them, but whats wrong with amtrak?

>RMS doesn't like harry potter because of some legal shit JK Rowling got into.
source?

there you go

Bingo I guess

what the fuck is that star?

RMS is just against the kindle. There are freedom respecting ereaders he's fine with. Also he uses Twitter to sign up for comments under articles

According to stallman if it's required for your job it's fine so long as you avoid it otherwise and you should voice support for free alternatives in your company when presented with the question

stallman.org/harry-potter.html

Think it's just a free space as is traditionally in the center space for bingo.

>There was one good thing one could say about Ms Rowling: she did not allow Hollywood to butcher the stories; instead, she took the pains to make sure they were transferred properly to the screen.

WTF? I hate Stallman now.

OK, so seriously though what's wrong with amazon other than being run by Bezos who has a definite evil mastermind vibe? They're pretty transparent about their cut, they're democratic to vendors, they don't push browser DRM unlike almost every other major tech company despite running a streaming service.

>Collects your data to shill ads
How is this opposed to software freedoms?

With RMS, it is not bingo unless you have a full board.
I still uses Netflix, Intel and google and I am trying to remove google from my life.
The two areas where I still use google is here (the calle factory) and scholar (free papers).
I use Netflix because it is a convenient way to watch movies legally.
I don't want to rely on piracy again.
I could also stop watching movies completely or buy a local collection, but neither of these options appeal to me.
Netflix makes a ton of decent content and even though their selection is shrinking, I still have stuff I can see and I would watch it for their original content.

Fck, so close... I want to avoid Intel too but I'm not gonna change my CPU if it still works

Damn homie, you just need to get AMD and you'll be fully RMS approved

wtf but rms uses a thinkpad x60s with an intel core 2 duo
he also has a twitter account
twitter.com/rmspostcomments

sorry when i mean core 2 duo i mean core duo

It's easy to say "dude bro bro bro just like don't use that" when you're a fat lazy NEET with no life that thinks google actually cares about your speshul snowflake life where you turn your mom's hair pure white from the stress dealing with your morbid obesity. Not everyone lives your life, and Google and Microsoft are basically part of our lives now. Stallman has some points, but in the end a bunch of neckbeard NEETs won't take down two multi-billion dollar companies with AdNauseam and Gentloo. I don't like them either, but that's just the way it is.

Komen nasai