Ryzen Mobile

How long until Intel can effectively counter Ryzen Mobile? It stomps Intel processors graph performance and is about the same clock-per-clock perf/watt on CPU side as i7U, while allows targeting 15W for ultrabooks or 25W on heftier laptops on same chip.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11964/ryzen-mobile-is-launched-amd-apus-for-laptops-with-vega-and-updated-zen
youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Intel 6 core mobile, and 64EU processors.

Fire lake, coming soon.

I'm really excited for desktop APUs... so excited i almost want to build one now, drop a cheap bristol ridge part in and wait for raven.

Ugh threads like these for a couple months again.

>ugh
thanks for the bump, friend

They can't.
They are woefully behind in GPUs.

Intel isn't GPU you dessicated cucumber.

please go back to Sup Forums

You know they make integrated GPU's right?

I hear they're going to integrate vega into some chips

>You know they make integrated GPU's right?
That suck?

You're not gonna buy a Bristol Ridge CPU are you?

Fucking exactly that's why they're behind you super nigger

Are you actively retarded? Intel GPUs are enough to turn your screen on and nothing else.

No, are you actively retarded? Intel's iGPU's are capable it's not like they're making voodoo all over again

You're ruining the brand awareness thread.

hehehehe I can just imagine OP laughing out loud at their own post post

>How long until Intel can effectively counter Ryzen Mobile? It stomps Intel processors graph performance and is about the same clock-per-clock perf/watt on CPU side as i7U, while allows targeting 15W for ultrabooks or 25W on heftier laptops on same chip.

TRANSLATION

My dad bought me this shit fucking blob of shit with some bullshit Ryzen fucking bullshit on it
I specifically begged him not to buy this shit but he is some cheap ass fucking blue-collar worker. Help me justify owning this bullshit

?

Eh, the A8-9600 is like 40 bucks and can play plenty of stuff at 720p, depends on the timeline for desktop RR really.

>behind
Why do people say this, as if Intel can't put more powerful graphics on their chips if they wanted to?

I always hear this when people are talking about things like Nintendo consoles. "Oh they'll NEVER catch up to the graphics of the competition!"

As if there's something hard about plugging in more jiggaflops.

Anyone can pump more jiggaflops, m8. The question is, is it practical to do so if your only way of doing so is pumping hundreds of watts into the SoCs?

I have an A6-5400K which runs Fortnite at 1080p 40FPS, I'm pretty sure the A8 can do 1080p fine but I wouldn't buy it if you have a CPU from the past 8 years because it's still on the bulldozer architecture

There's more, much more to GPU than shader math.
Besides, you're asking Intel to outdo fucking GCN of all things in compute density?
Don't be silly boy.

Because Nvidia and AMD patented all the tech that you need to make a GPU play games at not-dogshit framerates.

>as if Intel can't put more powerful graphics on their chips if they wanted to

They haven't proved they're capable of doing anything close to that with Lelrabee, and Xeon Phi has literally zero market uptake beyond HPC.

Intel licenses the patents, it's just the number of driver hacks required to make games playable is too silly even for Intel.

>buy a Bristol Ridge CPU
hahaha I did this while waiting for my coffeve lake to arrive since my main computer died
its actually not that bad, managed to beat supertuxkart storymode all gold trophies
did have to turn graphics down for water levels though

upside is i've got an AM4 board incase they really deliver good CPUs in 2020

Well, the intention is putting it in a HTPC that can run a few games and emulators. It's not my main desktop, i have a big boy GPU in there.

Ryzen mobile laptops are all limited to 8GB ram, and some of them even say single channel.

Anyone that needs a laptop for more than basic tasks will not be buying a laptop with only 8GB of ram.

AMD fucking shot themselves in the foot.

>Ryzen mobile laptops are all limited to 8GB ram
Sauce me up fampai.

Desperate Brazilian shills

It's good to know you anons found a purpose for Bristol Ridge

what if those laptops were running linux though?
Dell has done it before

Are you fucking retarded?

But they aren't, the single HP shit convertible isn't representative of Ryzen mobile features
The announced SKUs support double channel memory and up to 64 GB of RAM

+15rupees

anandtech.com/show/11964/ryzen-mobile-is-launched-amd-apus-for-laptops-with-vega-and-updated-zen

Every single announced laptop here is single channel 8GB max

>single channel or 8gb max*

>6 core housefire lake
only on the HQ series prob, and thats almost only for cucked gaymen laptops

literally only the lenovo does, they harder Brazilian faggot

Last i heard they revised the single channel to have dual channel?

A lot of them seem to have a limit of 8GB, though. Is it per stick or as a whole?

The others still say 8GB max

The ryzen mobile cpu actually uses 150W TDP, so its a guaranteed house fire, unlike Intel's diverse, fair trade, industry standard cpus

Another case of Intel bribing manufacturers.

Source it faggot.

I think you're off by one 0 there, m8.

>diverse
good goyim

Only Lenovo seems to be single channel but, Jesus, what's with that 8GB limit? Seems arbitrary, there doesn't seem to be any good reason for them to have such a limit.

SOPA PERRO DELICIA

Apple has been getting friendly with AMD lately, think we'll see Ryzen Mobile in 2017s MacBook refresh?

not unless they make new and improved architecture tat is actually power efficient.

so you buy a new laptop in 2 years goyim

They are all just consumer grade devices, 8gb is fine for that. Plus don't forget the price of RAM has spiked lately, manufactures will probably avoid putting too much in with the exception of the high end.

Maybe assuming AMD makes native TB3 implementation.
Apple will still make it throttle though.

bristol ridge is fucking shite dont do it

SOPA?
Soon? 12nm apus?

so mad

probably 8gb soldered on board, but empty ram slot are available. My parents laptop are soldered 8gb but have single empty dimm. Laptop were asus desu

Not sure about native, but would a Thunderbolt implementation work by having a control chip plug into ryzen's PCEI lanes?

It should but crApple hates 3rd party implementations for some weird reason.

I don't think you get the meaning of "up to 8gb"
In computer terms, that means max.

>Implying Intel can beat AMD's iGPU
roflcopters

>throttle a Ryzen APU
I want to see that.

you can only call your laptop an "ultrabook" if it has an intel processor, since it's an intel bullshit thing

AMD calls it the "ultrathin" just like it calls HEDT SHED.

>64EU
The next Intel mobile chip will have Vega graphics.

>HEDT SHED
Is it some slang for NEET basement or something

But it won't.
AMD will never let Intel touch their Radeon IP.

Now this is shitposting

Jesus nigger, that shit was debunked months ago, even wallstreet know that shit is going nowhere at this point.

There isn't an 8GB limit

it's OEM's being fucking retarded and not giving people what they actually want, that's all

they'll just bribe Dell with hundreds of millions of dollars per year to not make any AMD laptops (Intel still hasn't paid the multi-billion dollar fine yet)

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Dell must surely enjoy getting their European fabs seized.

If they bribed Dell, then why Dell shills PowerEdge with EBYN like they're about to go bankrupt?

You realise that DELL are a foundation partner of EPYC, right?

I'd actually prefer it if OEMs take advantage of RR's power management(mXFR and PB2) and make new cooling solutions instead of just putting in what Intel has.
Also I think the RR package is smaller as well.

Things that are never going to happen: the post.

It would be nice if it happened.

Nice things never happen.

shit on your whore sister ass wiper, aladdin!

>Fire lake
Fuckin A

Anything can be outdone given enough time, especially Intel could.

What if Intel would just start sprinkling those Iris graphics on every chip to counter Ryzen M? Aren't those graphic cores really good (at least Apple marketing says they are)?

Three mid-range laptops with 8GB RAM configuration as is usual of midrange laptops doesn't mean chipset is limited to 8GB you dumb niggerkike.

rajesh, please contain yourself

UMA

8gb is more than enough ram fucking niggers

Wtf? If intel has so much money to blow, why wouldn't they be able to release full x86 mobile cpus. 4bill a year could be like two or three processor arch a year

sabotage in easier than r&d

You can't convert money into research. There are only so many people who know how to engineer solid microarchitectures, and AMD hired the best of them for Ryzen. Results show. Even if Intel hired all ultra orthodox Jews in israel to design better one it wouldn't happen.

Even Intel couldn't dig themselves out of the hole they were in last time AMD came knocking on their door, they had to pay IBM to design something for them. That something was their "Core" products.

if i want a $900-1000 notebook for productivity and light gaming and want to buy it around January. is raven ridge the thing for me?

yes

They already tried to make a high performance x86-based GPU and failed miserably. If they try to go in the same direction of current GPUs they would end up being sued by either AMD or Nvidia, that shit's a patent minefield.

>Iris graphics
They would have to improve their power efficiency so it can fit in 15W TDP without a massive loss of performance.
By the time they manage to do this, low cost HBM will be around and AMD could easily kill the advantages of eDRAM by adding a bit of it to their Zen2 APU.
The 10nm process could help Intel a bit, but it keeps getting delayed.

>Apple marketing
They could even sell literal shit to you and you'd enjoy it.

Apple could release a phone that pepper sprays the user in the eyes every time they look at it and it'd still sell.

>Intel Core was designed by IBM
w-what

gonna need solid sauce on that, user

Ultrabook is basically just Intel's rebrand of Netbook portability, it literally means nothing.
AMD just needs to throw an adjective or a noun next to "book" and then market the hell out of it as the "Next generation in portable performance".

Call it "Pentabook" or something to appeal to the MOBA players, and wave your dick around with some "5x Performance vs Intel" spreadsheet covered in asterisks.

No, even with enough time, Intel will never, ever can hold to reach the expertise of ATi dudes.

Stop lying around, Conroe was designed by the same team that made Banias, Dothan and Yonah.

Nice FUD

Source: his ass.