Foldable 'Phones'

Is this a new meme?
imgur.com/a/nAtkr
archive.is/AGGAX
youtube.com/watch?v=wT4fN219Gus

It won’t become popular unless Apple adopt it so at the moment it’s a complete meme.

Apple is irrelevant in 2017

Man, you are seriously delusional. I hate Apple and probably so do you, but I cannot deny how influential they are. If you look at raw sales numbers that say that they have x% market share you don't get the full picture. Apple products are a status symbol and everyone wants them. The other manufacturers rush to copy them. Apple’s grip is extremely strong and they are as far from ‘irrelevant’ as possible.

>makes a foldable phone
>instead of keyboard they put a useless fucking extra screen

not gonna lie i would totally buy this

In the innovation field, they are irrelevant. The era where Steve jobs was taking lead for innovation is not a thing anymore. They are just following.

>Disgusting bezel in the middle
Would rather have a keyboard. Being able to type efficiently and blind is more useful than a slight advantage in multitasking.

Pretty much a deal breaker for me too user. They really should have shrunk that bezel down to almost invisible lengths

I WANT. will gladly switch to this from iphone IF it can run a full x86 executable.

>IF it can run a full x86 executable.
Absolutely no reason to even think it might be able to do that.

Im not going to run some shit fucking UWP app or use the microsoft store. That would suck balls. I want to run the same c++, python, and ruby compiled code I do at work. Then this thing is a wet dream.
(Referring to MS note)

Most of the phones in the OP are just fucking Android phones anyway you retard.

not the exact picture in OPs post

Fuck android. Never locked down enough. Windows 10 would bring its firewalls and defender to their own platform making this awesome.

It could probably with wine
literally ZERO reason want to though

Why don't we have flexible LCDs? It can't be that hard to make them.

They wouldn't break 24/7 if they were plastic or some type of filament

It is. LG has that wallpaper TV that's kinda flexible, but that requires technicians to set it up in your house, and any wrong move will break it.

if they'd make that a physical keyboard instead of the touchscreen shit, that'd be pretty choice imo

They've been on the back foot since 2016.

If this thing could run x86 I'd spend a retarded sum for it

I like regular flip phones because flipping shut helps protect the screen from getting scratched in my pocket, which makes it easier to read in bright sunlight.

If Apple or Samsung do this it will be the hot new meme

Samsung's one is coming in 2018 apparently.

This one.

>In the innovation field,

So nowhere in terms of sales, just autism.

>The World's First Foldable Phone

Are we just going to forget we had an entire era of flip phones? What the fuck.

smartphone bro

That's not really the same thing

Smartphone is a term was invented by ericsson and been used in next to each nokia symbian phone.

>nitpicking

No man mark my words.

Apple will drop charging port next and everyone will flow.

Apple is also about to radically change the look of the UI with much richer graphical elements and flat will be dropped by google and m$ like it never existed.

How bout this?

>STILL no physical keyboard since first smartphones

you got me there