Who else /CS dropout/ here?

who else /CS dropout/ here?
>too brainlet to get into C/C++ programming or software programming in general (not even going to mention about hardware programming)
>find web development tedious as fuck and boring, have no motivation to learn the newest FoTM meme frameworks and I just suck at design

cs graduate here.
shit was ez my dood.

stop playing league and smoking so much weed and you'd be fine.

Wait until you learn that life is work.

>Wait until you learn that life is work.
Except it's not, learn various things and when shits got tiring, leave and go elsewhere.

It's the opposite for me. I studied law. And I can't be arsed with it and spend my time making websites for fun and money.

My family made my take law. Hate it too.
I don't like making money suing for brown people who can't speak english.
Good money though.

>My family made my take law
Wtf, take control of your life and do whatever the fuck you want.
If your country is not shit you can get shitton of help and leave home easily.

i got my degree but failed a few units cause i was lazy

Law honestly sucks. I had to take a class in law for uni, and in the class we went down to a court, and it was the most depressing environment ever. All of the lawyers looked like they were in their 30s, yet all had grey hair (probably from stress), and nobody looked like they wanted to be there. Happy I went with a comfy desk job

did both embedded and modern web, web is now harder, not kidding

"MODERN" Web is harder because of clusterfuck of frameworks and "nice abstractions" to allow retards to produce stuff

2007 Web is candy.

have you ever done a complex isomorphic SPA project? I swear this shit is no simpler than kernel development

>Wait until you learn that life is work

First year dropout here. I just decided to find a comfy web developer position without any paper, it might be tedious and repetitive at times, but I'm happy with my 75k and flexible working hours.

>falling for the college meme
>2017
Enjoy your debt

I graduated with a 5.75 GPA, not great but not shit. There's no fuckiing work. It's all trash web development with whatever stupid framework of the month happens to be popular or java/.net shit. I don't even know what's left honestly. Do I even like programming? All I want to program in is C but you need at least 50 years experience in the field for the jobs on offer.

I'm thinking of learning objective C and swift and maybe trying for an iOS/macOS job.

>at community college
>take intro c++ class
>do great get an 'A' feel like I learned a lot decide to major in CS
>take a more advanced Java class get 'A' again feel more knowledgeable
>take c++ algorithms class with new professor, only one that teaches it
>Doesn't explain anything too well
>Expects us to know all the code he's working on already
>book he assigns doesn't help it has nothing do with actual coding and more to do with algorithm proofs.
>apparently we were supposed to use the book he assigned for his previous class so I fall behind (how the hell was I suppose to know when I didn't take him for his last class and he never said anything)
>when he does code he barely explains his process and expects us to understand what's going on when we look at his result
>Class started with about 50 now only about 15 remain and half look like they're gonna drop the class. Only 2 look like they have any idea what's going on

This is such bullshit. I feel like a complete idiot. I have a test this Tuesday and have no clue what's going on. Thinking of switching majors to civil engineering since I can't transfer without this class. I just want to give up at this point.

>FizzBuzz baby struggles when forced with real algorithms and data structures

I'm learning everything but at this point its too late to catch up. The math itself is easy but the way he codes without explaining much is just way too confusing. I'm forced to learn everything myself and because I didn't know about the book I fell behind and at the pace he goes is too much to keep up with.

>debt
What's it like living in a 3rd world country?

It's good to know US is a third world country for most of its citizens.

It is.

>US is a third world country
No shit.

if you are poor it's one of the worst places to live. if you are rich however it's the best because you got retards who willingly vote to give you tax breaks.

>Wait until you learn that life is work
stop making me feel so depressed

this. learned this the hard way

Nice dubs, man. Maybe theoretical CS would be more interesting to you? Have you tried learning something about automatons, regular expressions, formal languages and Turing machines? There's a lot in theory department, I like cryptography.

>Algorithms
>hard
wut

>implying coding is life

I didn't explain too well. The book is easy to understand. The problem is the professor goes above and beyond what the book teaches you. So even though I do the assignments I do them in the simple way the book teaches but since he expects far more than that I lose points.

It's not that the professor is bad at teaching per se, its just that he already expected you to know the material and teaches far more than what the book shows. He's way too hard.

>civil engineering
You think civil engineering's better? It's even worse.

Pro-tip: your first algorithms and data structures classes are purposefully designed to be difficult and to have a high drop rate.

It's the weed-out course at the majority of schools, to the point where many institutions brag about their incredibly low pass rate.

What do your cs degrees look like (undergrad)?
We had:
1. & 2. semester
(multi)-dimensional algebra
linear algebra
programming (oop, logical, functional)
datastructures and algorithms
automata theory
statistics
OS & system programming
basic electrical engineering

3rd&4th
UML & design patterns
numerics
sat problems
first, second, higher level logic
databases
communication systems (linear codes, encryption, basic sysadmin tasks)

5&6th
writing a mini OS for a microcontroller using an atmega644
IT- Project Management
basic economics
seminar
thesis

Also what do you spend on tuition + living costs?

Should have became a network engineer user, feels good having the might of certifications and a logical progression system in front of you.

OP, it could be worse, i'm 30, i was working in the field for a few years (webdev) and i was miserable, so i spent all my money on dumb shit and moved back in with my parents and now i'm a broke-ass neet again

you could say i'm a failed normie, but the truth is web dev is shit, i'm good at it too, AND i'm also a capable and talented designer, but they don't pay you to do computer science, they pay you to play corporate politics and to figure out the mess that is JS frameworks, and to snoop on customers and to bombard them with ads

initially i liked it because it's supposed to be a shining example of open source being used by business, but now i realize it's like they left out all the good parts, took all the bad things about open source libraries and amplified them by 100x

>and i was miserable, so i spent all my money on dumb shit and moved back in with my parents
did you at least get a car or something?

Sounds like you've got a great teacher, make use of it.

no, i got nothing and it's all gone, having a bunch of shit jobs that i hated made me resent my earnings and now i'm disgusted with capitalism

>Says life is not work
>Gives his definition of life being about learning skills which requires a great deal of work
>Being too brainlet to realize he is contradicting himself
Sup Forums in a nutshell

Checkin in, I fucking sucked at it, and also my vision got blurry from starting focused at a computer too much time, and also I got myodesopsies on one eye which makes it hard to focus and gives me headaches.

My last hope is that my BTC make me rich. My holdings just hit 6 figures.

was about to be but not since it was hard, though math did kick my ass, just couldn't afford it even at shit state school.
almost out now, little later than i would have liked, but high percentage of students don't graduate on time so there is that at least.

Awww....look guys he thinks it's bait :^)

Oh and of course im incel. If I was a Chad getting Stacy pussy on the reg it would be way easier to focus and stay motivated.

i'm about to drop. not because it's hard or anything, it's just not what I want to do for a living

shit dude, at least you got on the btc train.
still regret not doing it

What's the most comfy programming job? It sure as hell ain't web dev

I worked as a web dev for 7 years. I used to love web dev before that and no i fucking hate it.
Never do programming as a job, it is an awesome hobby but a shit job.
If you want computer job then do a sys admin shit. I managed to get a job like that for a small company and now i get to sit on my ass all day and do next to nothing so i just browse internet and watch movies most of the time and get paid to do it (sure the pay is shit, but i get paid for basically doing nothing and i would take low pay and low work over high pay and 60 hour work weeks any day)

Instagram Chads and Stacies disagree. Also rich youtubers playing games in comfy neet lifestyles.

lol if my bitcoins dont make me rich in 10 years in killing myself srs

it's the easiest of engineering majors (real engineering not fake social engineering or whatever humanities majors churn out as "engineering").

>find web development tedious as fuck and boring

If it wasn't tedious and boring then it would not be a job. Then people would pay money to do it.

webdev isn't programming

Only 0.00001% of people who want to do that get to do that because they have enough luck/personality/looks/vagina to be able to pull it off, if are an average virgin neet with average virgin neet face and voice then you are fucked

It is, i made both front ends with javascript and back ends with PHP
But now i work mostly in C# because it is super comfy

if you can get a job in it after a coding bootcamp, it ain't. sorry sweetie

I almost ate that bait but you just ruined it, don't be so greedy next time

Just learn asp.net and reactjs. Should be enough to make you think you're a competent programmer

Give it a try at least.I didn't even go to college and I have a good grasp on assembly and I know sum C.

Assembly and circuits class or my final lower division class. The teacher is so bad. The instructions were horrible in the last exam we took and she had a printing error so we had to copy stuff from the board and projector screen. A lot of people were visible upset with the professor.

I hope I pass and all I'm trying to say is that there is such a thing as bad profs. Really bad ones that you should avoid.

btc btc btc

>Drivers subject in my 3rd year at uni
>Somehow I thought this was going to be an easy one.
>Professor:"OK folks, this can be done the easy way or the hard way. The easy way is Linux. The hard way is Windows. We are going to do it THE HARD WAY. Anyone not interested can abandon now"
>Drop the subject on the first fucking day
I finally graduated and sometimes remember the fuckers I got as professors.

Programming is the easy part, math is hell, and I have to take 10 math courses.

After getting a terrible professor I learned it really does pay to ask around and look at sites like ratemyprofessor so you can avoid getting a bad one. I always make sure to register the day they registration because the good professors classes always fill up super quick.

>>too brainlet to get into C/C++ programming

Yesssss! Saying that you're inferior tickles my butthole.

Good idea. I mean a lot of professors are just at the uni to do research. They have no idea how to teach. And it's not just the teaching. I'm sure you can get everything from the text. But their exams could fuck you over or some assignments. Definitely do the rate my professor.

Math (im talking about the level where there isnt a singlle digit or number) and dynamic programming killed me
it was fun though
would do it again if i could

>hardware programming
wtf is this shit

Not OP but it's hell bro

Kind of.

After two years of CS I found it mostly boring so switched to Math.

Now I have two two year degrees lol. Got a job doing software development rather than finishing either.

>be CS student
>find a part time job at a software company for documentation
>quickly rise up and become and actual developer with almost complete autonomy over my stupid pet project (because I'm a 11€/h wage slave and it doesn't matter if I fuck up)
>have a blast a work
>start neglecting uni because I hate it
>boss confirms that I am as good as full time hired once I finish my degree
>ever since I started to work there my grades have been plummeting and I've failed most of my tests
>realize that having this job and being a student is impossible for my ADD ridden ass
>can't finish my degree because of that job
>can't drop the job because I have a massive foot in the door already
>the reason I wan't to finish my degree is so that I can work there full time
>but I can't finish my degree because I have work
>it would be reasonable to quit the job to finish my degree
>but the reason I'm getting a degree in the first place so that I can have a job

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. What did I do to deserve this?

>being american

Why would you let your parents dictate what you study, lmao?

Look for entry level analyst positions, we give all the easy and or tedious work to them because they get paid less.

I generally dropped college in 2008/2009 and never went back I'm 28 now

i have none of these but i bought btc when it was 150 bucks

i told everyone here to buy but you dumb fucks made fun of me and continued shitposting about instaling gentoo

you deserve what's comming to you

Bro step aside, I'm trying to finish a development

was it worth it user?
just wondering out loud

no one does masters in united states?
when you talk about degrees its bachelors?

btfo

Trust me, you don't want to work as c programmer in a startup (was a embedded developer) my life was hell

Who here /Chose I.T instead of C.S because they did want to take calc 2 but ended up working in software development anyway/

>hardware programming

I dropped out 10 years ago. I've now grown to regret it as I'm currently being a depressed bastard stuck in retail hell. Can't really go back to the university either, since the entrance requirements have gone way up. Need fairly decent grades from highschool to enter now. I don't really know why I dropped out either. Should've been painfully obvious in highschool that my dreams of being an engineer wasn't realistic when considering my grades in physics and maths.

Stay in school, kids. And think hard about what you're best suited for.

First year cs student here. I like it so far and look forward to the future classes. I might also minor in math because why not

I don't think it's common for cs. My college has ~25,000 and only offers a BS or phd in CS

shit I meant 15000 students but you know what I mean

>2009, first-year uni CS student
>only one of my courses is about actual programming, and its beginner's python
>half the class are normies who aren't capable of downloading python and putting it on their thumb drive, let alone understand why there's a python version 2 and a version 3
>hour-long courses about adding integers and displaying strings on screen

I just felt like I was pissing away thousands of dollars that I didn't even have yet. The rest of my courses were utter nonsense that I didn't want to be taking. English comp for literally no reason, a basic electronics course that covers the same material as high school electives, Logic 101 which was actually kind of interesting and pretty difficult, and algebra.

I dropped out after the first semester. I didn't have any friends and stopped going to classes altogether. After 8 years I've finally paid off all my college debt just from that short time. Now in a non-CS related job making 48k a year with no degree. I still wonder where I might be today had I just stuck with it. I may have made a huge mistake or a good choice.

why would you stay in retail when you can work labor and construction. get paid more and don't have to deal with the shitty public. the incompetence is more manageable as well.

I really don't understand retail lifers its not like you can't at least learn a trade or vocation somewhere and get ahead.

how do i register for the reality programming class?

I wish my community college classes were actually challenging.
I've yet to have a single difficult assignment and I only have 1 semester left until I graduate. I've been working through textbooks and other online resources on my own in spare time because my professors are such a joke.

I took a mobile programming course where the instructor would literally just assign us parts from a udacity tutorial. I payed money to take a free online course... Which I had ALREADY taken prior to the class... God I just want to get my degree and get it over with already

just move to finland for free money

It's shit. I spent literally a month's salary to get me a decent headset.
I make as much as my 60 years old father. Who is a surgeon.
This is how shitty 3rd world countries are.

>get student debt
>get job due to qualification and internships, placements etc
>pay debt off in less than 2 year and have a well paying job
enjoy your dead end job and lack of money

work towards what, everything is saturated as hell now

I'll be a certified civil engineer in 9 months.
I currently work as a back-end web developer.
Take it from me, civil engineering will make you want to kill yourself with all the mundane shit you have to do.

I did the same in '08 and have no regrets.

Been thinking about becoming a trucker for a while, going to get a drivers license to make myself available for that possibility. Don't think working in construction would be that profitable either for someone without any formal education in the field. An army of polacks and lithuanians are cheaper.

I don't think people think too much about how retail sucks when they're young. Enough money to pay the rent and lots of spare time seems great, until you reach 30 and realise you'll never get a promotion, you'll never get better wages, you'll never be able to afford a house or get any decent savings. If I could choose all over again, I would've gone to vocational school and learned a trade.

Taking classes for sysadmin stuff right now, if that fails, I can always become a trucker. Seems like truckers here make decent money, and they're in high demand, easy to find work, if you can at least drive a car. Might be stressful work, but I'll have hours by myself, without having to deal with yet another foreigner that suddenly doesn't understand any common language when their RMA gets rejected.

>Don't think working in construction would be that profitable either for someone without any formal education in the field

You don't need any education to do construction, it's mostly manual labor and using tools/vehicles. Anything you need to know you can learn in a few weeks.
I worked construction for 2 years and it was a great job, probably the best job I've ever had.
Tip though: don't work for the city, work for a private contractor it's less aids

Dropped out twice, only got about a semester and a half to finish but I'll never try again.

>by far one of the best students in high school, one of only three in a class of >2,000 to meet requirements for national merit scholar status
>despite this, only get accepted to two colleges I applied for
>one happens to be in the city I already lived in, decide to attend it so I can save $30,000 a year by not living on campus
>only allowed to take one CS class first semester
>pass every class except chemistry lab
>no big deal right? wrong
>put on academic probation, forced to attend one hour long counselling sessions every day in addition to coursework
>parents tell me they won't let a failure like me live in their house any longer and kick me out despite me having no job and no savings
>forced to drop out of college and now working a shitty dead-end job
Such is life in America.