CRT is a much better technology than LCD

CRT is a much better technology than LCD.

1) Perfect black levels 2) Flawless off-axis viewing 3) Much faster refresh rate than LCD 4) Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules) 5) Far longer life-span 6) Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels 7) Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring

Given ultimate space and money the world's best CRT could easily crush the world's best LCD. So tell me Sup Forums, why do you like your inferior screens that companies such as Samsung have brainwashed you to think is better than what already existed? The only cost-savings are on their end.

And the funny thing is you guys keep buying this crappy LCD technology and giving away your free CRTs on Craigslist. A fool and his dollar are soon parted I guess.

And before you start yapping about IPS panels: Enjoy your slow G2G response to switch pixels already, not to mention that hidden input and scalar lag. Luckily, CRT has no such bullshit.

The only semi-legitimate point I've heard against CRTs regards weight, but you don't bitch about the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping, do you? Didn't think so.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_video_display
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping
I consider the size of it before everything else tho

And it looks blurry regardless of the resolution you use.

My 144fps 1440p IPS from Eizo is pretty sweet. The only thing CRTs do better is resolutions below their native one.

Trinitron doesn't.

>thanks to scan lines and small granules
almost thought it was non-ironic.

if you're not, my ips has better colors and just as good viewing angles. i don't care about 4ms lag.
but it's not a fucking radiative lightbulb which can literally make your vision worse

The only use I have for my CRT is emulating old video games accurately.
Nothing else can compare to that, but beside that I don't have much use.

um no sweetie. They perfected the technology in 2001. We aren't discussing novelty trash from the 80's mk?

crts do black levels better you dense fuck bitch

fix your convergence faggot

>Under some circumstances, the signal radiated from the electron guns, scanning circuitry, and associated wiring of a CRT can be captured remotely and used to reconstruct what is shown on the CRT using a process called Van Eck phreaking.

Why haven't you gone flicker-free yet? Do you really hate your eyesight that much?

I was already using LCDs by this time so I wouldn't know.

Send me a GDM FW900 then. I'll take it.

Enjoy your cancer.

are you saying alphabet soup can can steal my pepe remotely?

Maybe in the beginning of LCDs this was once true. Probably with cheap trashy LCD it's still a thing.

Most likely though, a modern top-of-the-line LCD from say EIZO or another professional vendor wipes the best CRT in every of your points.

>my 14 yr old CRT is still living while my 1080p LCD died in 2 years
Point 5 is accurate, it's a shame that my CRT is severely limited in resolution

>more natural image (thanks to scan lines)
Yeah because real life is full of scan lines

Fuck off retrofag

Did you even look at the image you posted ?

VA or good IPS is way superior. Don't compare a cheap gaymen IPS screen to a monitor that cost much more when it was new

Enjoy getting cancer from beta radiation, OP

Bitch, I have a Trinitron display from 1999, and apart from my Eizo I mentioned above it's the best monitor I ever owned. As crisp as any LCD. Even more so if you have low resolutions because it doesn't use interpolation and just leaves unused pixels blank.

I much prefer having perfect geometry.

8) Fuckhuge lenses in the glasses.

I only like CRTs for old games. The lack of input lag is really sweet and the colors are nice.

I ordered a cable to connect my PC to a CRT TV via RGB SCART. Apparently with the ATI Pixel clock patcher and the custom resolution utility, it's possible to use a modern AMD GPU with latest drivers and still be able to output at those really specific super resolutions and 15hz. Will see if the thing finally fucking arrives.

>CRT is a much better technology to blind a person than LCD
fixed

That's fucking radiacl

okay go away now sweatyposter

>Warmer, more natural image
You can have practically any colour balance with both LCD and CRT, STFU.

That's not a lense. Anyway checked.

Strobing is essential for good perceived motion at less than a couple 100Hz frame rate (simply having high refresh is not enough). On a CRT motion is fluid at very low refresh rates.

That's why there are flickering LCDs, but they can't manage to get close to the 1ms flashing of a modern CRT phosphor.

Enjoy your eye cancer.

How to play with PS4 with them?

Fuck off old man, laser is the future

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_video_display

Well, it's 15 bucks so if it doesn't work the way I expect it, there's no real pain there. And if it does work I can toss that Wii I have for emulation in a garbage can and have something much better.

Sure dude, CRT's are awesome. Please invite me over to your house so i can check out your 27" 4K HDR CRT monitor, which takes up half your basement and uses half your city's power grid. Then after that lets make a call with your sweet Nokia 3310!

Show me an ultrawide 3440x1440 CRT.

Any CRT that can sync at 110KHz will do that easily. Mine goes up to 200KHz.

Plasma panels are the real shit. Still running a 2008 Panasonic plasma.
The panels themselfes are super fast, lag only comes from the input controller.
Blackness and contrast are also very good. The image quality is a lot better compared to my 2017 LED LCD.
Sad they discontinued plasma development.
Power consumption is crazy though

Hdmi connected lcds are also suspectible to this

I think you're too young to have used one. In a few more generations young techies will sound like hippies talking about Atlantis whenever CRTs are mentioned.

>Perfect black levels
There are plenty of other systems with perfect black levels and none of the drawbacks of CRT

>Flawless off-axis viewing
Incorrect. The curved screen makes viewing at wide angles much worse than LCDs. I was at an arcade a few days ago where they had a SNES set up, and as I walked past I could only see 2/3 of the screen because eventually, the other side was obscured behind the horizon of the monitor.

>Much faster refresh rate than LCD
That's not true in all cases, and at any rate, the higher the frequency of a CRT the more noticeable the flicker from the electron gun scanning across the screen.

>Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules)
No. Just no

>Far longer life-span
Can't really say anything for or against this point, but lifespan is more a factor of build quality then of the technology itself.

>Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels
Fair enough.

>Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring
I think you mean that the analogue gaussian blur of a CRT is better than the digital stretch of an LCD, which is true, but you're a retard if you ever send a signal below native resolution to the monitor.

You also fail to mention any of the gaping problems of CRT tech, such as burn in, weight and size, flicker, scanlines, blur from poorly focused electron gun, colour bleed, power consumption, etc etc.

I'm still using my vx920 for 16 years now

Fuck i wish they were alfa radiation . I would become ALFA CHAD

literally same delusion as vinylfags

The weight is actually a benefit. You ever see Tyrone snatching CRTs? Nope

Can you list the display techs in descending order of quality and explain in short why they get the spot they got?

This is just my personal opinion, but
SED/FED
Laser rear projection
OLED
IPS
LED
CRT
TN
Any form of projection except laser rear projection

Also keep in mind that different use cases will result in different rating for different tech. CRT obviously comes dead last if we're talking about phone screens, but first if we're talking about oscilloscope displays.

IPS and LED aren't mutually exclusive dummy

Okay Geek Squad (tm)

Should I get monster HDMI cables as well?

Where's PVA?

1) lovely coil whine close to the 20khz range

Oh god yes, please project a fucking cancer beam right into my eyes 16/7. I love it, man. I love it.

Probably around IPS, but I'm pretty sure it's expensive as fuck.

switched from a decent CRT to a cheap TN panel

zero fucks given

>le cancer meme
bet you also use a cellphone and think they are any safer

Hmm yes, sweet sweet cancer, oh god yes, burn out my eyes, give me short-sightedness, oh god yes I love it

>crts do black levels better

Unless the lights are on.

Retard

LCDs will never be this aesthetic

>he doesnt dwell in a permadark basement.

Normies get and stay get

> aiming a CRT at your face

>not watching a mirrored image of your CRT screen

Why is Sup Forums so scared of CRTs?

I like its black level, too. The problem is, it's really power hungry and as heavy as the fattest negro.

Gimme a FHD or 4K CRT and I will use it.

I have a feeling that you won't.

Sony FW900
2304 x 1440 at 80 Hz

>FHD CRT
Any 17 inches CRT or bigger gets 1080p fine

Better models come screen coated to prevent this.

>far longer life span
Wrong.
Carts also flicker unbearably like a strobed LCD at all times due to the nature of their operation. Sample-and-hold displays are much easier on the eyes and thanks to new 240Hz panels, sample-and-hold motion blur is getting very low.
At any rate, once mid-sized OLED panels are ready for desktop monitors, CRTs will be 100% outclassed even in the minds of the most delusional CRT holdouts.

>The only thing CRTs do better is resolutions below their native one.
>CRT
>having a native resolution
can you not

unfortunately, my laptop needs to be portable