/mkg/ - typical miami keyset owner edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/verge/status/924579320609177600/video/1
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-keycaps-dye-subbed-keycap-set-117keys
mechanicalkeyboardinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Anne-pro-EnjoyPBT-Japanese.jpghttps://imgur.com/a/hHPZf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want another 40% for some reason

You make not like this, but this is what peak performance looks like

mobile.twitter.com/verge/status/924579320609177600/video/1

the k68 corsair mechanical keyboard can supposedly handle mountain dew and cheeto dust, but notice something? they never show the screen. also the guy is wearing a yarmulke.

What's the best, no nonsense 10 keyless keyboard with no LEDs or gamer nonsense?
I want to use it with those sushi keycaps from Aliexpress, anyone have the link for them or some other nice keycaps

What's a good, cheap USB keypad? I'd like a dedicated one separate from my board for volume control and other things.

Meme keyboards everywhere...

Building soon
>Keebio Iris
What Caps should i get ?

>yarmulke
Go back to Sup Forums

>the rest of your post
Go back to /x/

>What's the best, no nonsense 10 keyless keyboard with no LEDs or gamer nonsense?

Filco, KUL, Wasd, Leopold, Ganss, Varmilo, etc.

>I want to use it with those sushi keycaps from Aliexpress, anyone have the link for them

kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-keycaps-dye-subbed-keycap-set-117keys

I'm using the steelseries 6gv2 it has an awfully nice sound

>pic shit because shitty camera

does /mkg/ like silver cherry switches?

Seriously.

Like just get something simple and functional.

One does not simply make 10keyless KBs and not be full of gamer nonsense.

Sure, people used to play lots of gaymes on these things

Does enjoyPBT come with the 1U R4 modifiers and the small right shift to fit on the Tada68?

>2kro

Does it actually make those math symbols?

How come I never see boards with costar stabilizers yet they're considered the best? Am I missing something?

Where can I buy a topre in EU

Depends on the set. They usually do tho.

Yes

Probably not, but you could probably program it to.

Has the 1.75u shift but not the same 1u modifiers, there is a 1u Fn but no 1u ctrl and alt, you'll have to fill those in with the extra 1u windows and menu

go back to plebit you bastard 40% poster

For a custom alps board, is Clueboard the best?

Thanks. Good enough for me

I'm using the Apex 750 with the QX2 switches. They sound and feel really nice. The backspace squeaks a little when typing though.

Forgot to mention that you will be out of luck for the correct rows for pg up and down, delete is fine, minor gripe to be honest though. Also R4 is the number/fn row R1 is the bottom most row.

what keyboard is that? (both)

Where do you get your num key

Customs never have them because PCB stabs are much more easy to make work with universal plates, cutting down compatibility

As for why they are more common in pre‐built boards, it’s hard to say but I suspect they simplify assembly (costar stabs really need lube and they are very irritating when putting caps on)

Personally I much prefer Costar, but most of my boards are custom and use Cherry stabs.

As far as ALPS go you should plan around caps, good caps will be the most difficult to source.

I have a Corsair strafe with mx clears. I'm looking for a set of keycaps to replace the stock ones. Something in either blue or dark purple. What would be the best place to look for something like this?

OMG... that rubber dome DELL keyboard... Probably one of the worst typing experiences ever!

The bottom row is compatible with basically nothing

If you could stand blanks, dyed white XDA blanks is pretty much all I can think of

massdrop has a dark purple set of keycaps for sale right now, dsa legacy

you'll have to buy the extras and 6.5 spacebar kit because you bought a bad keyboard though

I think most sets on the Originative site comes 1U R4 mods, the small right shift, and even the column nav keys. Though I'd almost prefer blanks for that nav column.

If you were looking at the weaboo set, Originative has a group buy up for different colors but that's not delivering until January. But I also think others here have put the enjoyPBT weeb set on their tada68 without issue.

get your self a 1% son, it is better, it will save you space, you will have to move 0.3mm less you arm to use the mouse... So many fucking memes...

I can almost understand ten-keyless, but smaller than that is more retarded than Timmy in Southpark!

not too worried about the spacebar, mostly looking to replace the top section and letters.

Why is it a bad keyboard though?

I don't want the weeb set. I think I'm going to go with the green on green Cyrillic enjoy set.

How different is a model m and model f?

Quite! Model M is basically a "cheap" model F and was introduced to offer a cheaper keyboard to IBM users and to drive the price of the IBM PS down a bit>

In term of typing feeling the model F is a bit more clicky and crisp and it feels to me that it needs a bit more force to press the keys.

Model M has a much better layout than model F

very

Is it worth the price difference to get a Model F AT vs a Model M? Is the difference like going from a regular rubber dome to topre?

attesting that Gateron browns > MX browns

I want to build my own tenkeyless board with out f-keys because of muh autism
Is it more expensive than buying a custum one?
I alreday can solder and have access to soldering iron and multimeter
Aiming for something like pic related

>Brown switches
>Tai hao miami
>floating key design

That's a 60%, a TKL without the f-row is this

My Tada68 has a really loose mini usb collection, like the cable sits in there very loose. Its fine and doesn't cause any issues as I dont move my keyboard but it still annoys me.

Is it likely to be the cable thats shithouse, or the connection? The connection doesn't appear to be damaged

It is really down to personal preference!

I have both and even though I love the model F, I use the model M on a daily basis, mainly cause I find that it tires my wrists less and secondly because the model M has the same layout as a modern keyboard.

there's literally nothing wrong with floating keys

Well anything is better than MX browns!

They're so ugly, there isn't one keyboard that looks good with floating keys.

Yeah, i meant 60%
Thanks

no ur ugly

>Budget
sticking to a budget of $200 or under
>Location (continent at least)
United States
>Preferred switch type
I've never used any, but going from the description, cherry mx clear
>Layout
ansi
>Form factor
tkl
>Backlight
yes, preferably just white led

Board is probably a GON. Winkeyless does pretty much the same thing for cheaper and reasonable delivery time.

Its an alpsulator.

Nah, MX click switches are worse

I just got my silver board in last week. It's hard to say if I like them more than the heavier linear switches. I really like them though and have found myself using them more than anything else.

Post your keyboards I need inspiration
Unrelated to that reply but I'm already looking for another board. I think either a matias or a black plum nano 45g. No reason to buy a second of the same switch and I already have gateron blue, cherry silver, outemu black and used a cherry red for years.

A better shot of the 87 key. Masterkeys pbt s is a top tier board for $80. It's not metal but the top bezel isn't normal plastic either, it's very soft. I believe they also have a weight in it because it's heavy as fuck and doesn't move at all which may be my favorite feature. The spacebar stabs are also miles ahead of my other boards.
/blog

Post pic of whole board you pussy

So the solution to the light bleed on chink caps works perfectly. The additional weight to the caps feels nice and the sound has gone from a louder echoing clack to a more muted thunk. Now I just need to do the rest of the alphas.

60% seems to have the most availability for parts. Especially cases, which gets really expensive for other forms because plastic isn't usually available.

What do you do exactly

I just ordered one of these for $45.

How bad is it gonna be?

>"gaming gear"
>LEDs
>Zalman brand
>that font
>doesn't even say what kind of switches it has

AmazonBasics-tier

Literally leave this board

Rubbery acrylic paint on the underside of the keycaps.

what's a nice keyboard to match these caps? could some people post some inspo

tada68

What is a decent, sub $110 mechanical keyboard? Should I just go with knockoff chinkshit?

Ducky One

any opinions on the KBD19X

Ducky one or the saber 68

Looks gud, but nothing special. Kinda expensive for a chink board. I though about getting one, but I guess I'll just wait for input club's Kira.

It looks way better and might be the same price.

hhkb 2 in white

Ty but I really want f-keys and arrow keys.
Thoughts on this keyboard?

>Cute keycaps on an ugly keyboard
Why bother. Might as well just put them on a corsair and they'll look just as good

I like how the 10key was kind of seperated made the layout seem less cramped

Its a whole lot cheaper then the TX1800. I wish it had an option for a cheaper acrylic or plastic case. After buying a programmable 60% keyboard I need that feature on every keyboard I buy now.

The keycap colors would clash with the pink case.

TADA68 or KBDFans 75 with white/silver alu case.
Pretty sure this was OP pic once.

>1800 with nice plastic case
You literally just describe the Leopole 980

Its not programmable tho, and that's the biggest feature I need

Hey guys getting a saber 68 soon (or something similar) anyone know where to point a friend for good keycaps? I am looking for side print caps on alphabet and blank on modifiers, (pic related) thank you user

the saber already comes with some of the best keycaps you can buy. Any good ones would set you back 80-100 bucks, or else you're downgrading to something inferior. If you don't care about quality then just look for side printed keycaps on aliexpress, and a matching blank set

Well where would someone acquire good quality side printed key caps?

No where since the only two companies that made high quality side printed keycaps either only does bulk orders or keycaps for non cherry MX switches. You can get some cheap NPKC side printed keycaps, or high quality blanks from EnjoyPBT/Gateron

Anne pro if u r poor
mechanicalkeyboardinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Anne-pro-EnjoyPBT-Japanese.jpghttps://imgur.com/a/hHPZf

>Ducky One
What's the /mkg/ verdict on this? How can it be improved? Is there anything worth noting about this keyboard from a enthusiast standpoint?

>switches
After reading the guide it still leaves me with some questions. I've never used a mechanical keyboard so some it'd be nice understand the differences with respect to a cell keyboard

I'm looking for a quiet keyboard but I'd like at least a little feedback. I was choosing between brown and red but brown is sounding like garbage according to the guide. How would these feel compared to a cell keyboard?

Where do you buy your artisan keyboard caps?

>How can it be improved
Better keycaps for a start. Also the keyboard has a processor powerful enough to support full programmablity, yet you can only partially program it. They should enable that feature, as well as creating some software to help make it easier to program.

Who cares about the sound. Just get some buckling springs keyboard from goodwill for 5 bucks, then go from there.

My mic picks up the sound of my typing on my cell keyboard a lot already, so I want the people I talk with to stop complaining about it too
>some buckling springs keyboard from goodwill for 5 bucks
How could I learn from this? I've got the money so I'd rather buy a decent keyboard too. I work from home on my computer as well so it'd be really nice to have a decent keyboard for once

>decent keyboard
I can do you one better. Get an amazing buckling spring keyboard from goodwill for 5 bucks, except for the M2s just pass on those

What would a fully programmable keyboard entail? Controlling LEDs? Some kind of keymapping? What's wrong with the caps? They're Double Shot right?

Oh so this is an /mkg/ specific meme

no, go to reddit, deskthority, and geekhack and they'll all say get a buckling spring keyboard. Topres are the /mkg/ meme