Do all browsers just suck?

>Firefox is bloat and sjw
>Chrome/chromium is spyware
>IE/Edge just no
>Tried Vivaldi/Opera/Palemoon/etcetcetc

Goddamnit, I just want a fast, lightweight browser that can handle modern sites/embedded video, and has extensions for ublock.

Other urls found in this thread:

kmeleonbrowser.org/download.php
portableapps.com/apps/internet/k-meleon-portable
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/57.0beta/releasenotes/
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/#beta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you are looking for the best web browser rn, its probably nightly.

Just get Firefox beta, customize it, and boom not bloat an not sjw

Or maybe try ungoogled-google-chrome, kinda Kool if u need/like crome

Chrome is the worst sjw of all and literally spyware.

I've used Firefox with AdBlockPlus for god knows how many years and, apart from crashing on the rare occasion, I see zero reason to use any other browser.

You are welcome to bring your argument to the table.

Firefox beta is the perfect browser, you can customize it very easily, just type about:config to your address bar, press enter and fiddle around with it a bit.

literally Edge

In what way is Firefox "bloat"? From my usage it does what I want and nothing more.

Sit down, let's talk about that 9gag watermark.

TRY K-MELEON

I got it from here so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

firefox nightly feels fastest to me, by far

then edge, but lately I've been getting unresponsive pages

chrome is usually slowest

don't try k-meleon. i tried to love it for a year but no one works on it. not sure if it even supports es6

Try the portable version. The latest version is fine!
kmeleonbrowser.org/download.php

or

portableapps.com/apps/internet/k-meleon-portable

Brave is awesome. Vivaldi or Firefox if you have a shitton of RAM you're not using.

K guess I'll try Nightly
I just don't want to support sjw politics

Edge is so goddamn bad. I forced myself to use it for like 2 months and had to stop.

edge has some nice features but the add on support is absymal.

I really like Firefox, but FF57+ killed add on support, and it is getting more proprietary features by the day.

PaleMoon is shit, IceCat is shit these two are only good for ancient toaster computers.

Waterfox is really good, but unfortunately can still suffer from most of FF57+ problems.

Vivaldi, Waterfox, Nightly, and FF57 are great but they destroy your performance.

I recommend Brave or Opera for low power machine like lapstops, and Firefox forks if you've got a powerull CPU + RAM.

Waterfox or Brave
Chromimum and Brave are awesome and actually usable as browsers. Plenty of good add ons and faster on modern web standards.

Brave sadly doesn't have good addon support, but It does have all the essential shit like Noscript, adblocker, and HTTPS Everywhere built in. Just wish they finally added Vimium support

Safari™ werks on my machine.

they have some add-ons but they're not great.

The only thing I miss about Firefox clones are vertical tabs and bookmark support.

Actually the no. 1 reason I switched to Chromium/Brave is because it has better integrated support with Google Drive, and YouTube which I use quite a bit, and Drive syncs with my android phone nicely.

>muh firefox sjw
what's with this meme? who cares about the political beliefs of fuckin internet browser devs? are you just so tinfoil tier that you think it's going to affect your browsing experience?

and also if anything google and chrome's neoliberal politics are much more worrying and potentially an issue considering google's power and influence and blatant disregard for security but no, fucking MOZILLA of all companies is the problem here. does Sup Forums care about anything besides the weekly Sup Forums culture war grievance?

The two political things that people object to are the MITI, and the Riseup donation.
The Riseup thing was an issue of "Mozilla is donating to Antifa?" For some people, this was a serious issue, although I could understand those who might not give a shit.
The MITI thing is much more serious, because they flat out admitted to forming an initiative to censor the web. Whether you're a liberal or a conservative, I would hope that you'd see this as unethical, and hope that Mozilla sees the error of their ways and fights for freedom once again.
Let us not forget the Cliqz thing. Sure it was a very small amount of people affected, but the fact that this happened at all is really fucked up

my only objection with firefox is they give you pocket and you have to disable it by the config

and pocket IS proprietary software as opposed to Waterfox or Brave

I just don't like proprietary features

Accessibility is broken in Firefox nightly/beta, with no sign of it being fixed anytime soon.

miti isn't really a censorship initiative unless you bought into Sup Forums's tinfoil soros meemees

>doesnt state why edge is bad

Um excuse me, do you not even care about Russia hacking our democracy? Web censorship is necessary to stop morons from reading the wrong things. If you don't agree with that then you're un-American.

Yeah fuck that shit. On brave, pocket is opt-in in the extensions screen within the preferences. I've heard waterfox is pretty solid about this kinda stuff too.

If you don't want anything remotely proprietary and wanna go full freetard, you should seriously give GNU Icecat a shot.

>a web browser is sjw

The russian hacking is fake news. Web censorship is fucking horrible. Who is saying what is the "Wrong" thing? By not having web censorship, the people can come to their own conclusions and not be told what to think by (((them))). They may find themselves agreeing with those viewpoints, or they may find other answers. In other words, the real form of diversity, diversity of thought.

>Everything I don't like is literally memes

>The russian hacking is fake news.
Ummmm scopes says no, okay.

So use Waterfox dummy

>trump wins fair and square
>i-it was the russians!! they hacked us!!!

Sweetie, censorship is needed to prevent little brainlets like you from getting your "news" from unapproved sources. It's for your own good, so man up and stop crying like a little baby about it. :)

pocket is not propitiatory.Mozilla bought it out and released the code. try again fags

sounds like you want a mac with safari :-)

>prevent people from visiting certain sources
No. Just no.

Although I appreciate the "sweetie". You seem very nice, although a bit gullible and misguided.

>You seem very nice, although a bit gullible and misguided.
That's ironic coming from a creepy nerd who was brainwashed by Russians into thinking Hillary didn't have his best interests at heart.

>just no
Not an argument. Edge is actually decent for exactly what you described.

All these faggets not using firefox quantum

He didn't say he was a homosexual...

Does it make you upset that I have a different opinion? Is it so bad that I have a different way of thinking?
Also, creepy nerd? it appears you're starting to lose your temper, sweetie. :)

>Trollspotting

"Firefox Quantum" is just the brand for Firefox 57, right?

Firefox 57 and 58 both broke accessibility.

Honey your opinions are supposed to be illegal.

OP here, can you just not. Find another thread plz

Trolling? On my Sup Forums?

No opinions should be illegal. Thoughts should not be regulated by anyone other than our own selves, sweetie. We should be free to respectfully disagree, and find our own path.

Nobody can be free until white males like you are sent to gulags for voting in a KKK president. (◡◡)

Do you have any idea how privileged you're being right now? There are more important issues in the world than software. That's why Mozilla has redirected their resources to fighting for social justice. You could learn a thing or two from their example.

oh, so you dislike me for being white and male?Honey, you have to understand that what you are saying there is very racist, sexist and hateful especially your suggestion of gulags. You once again appear to be losing your cool, honey. Just relax and take a deep breath. White people aren't going to hurt you. You're safe.

Notice that I did not imply that anything bad should happen to you, because despite how vile your words may be, I truthfully and honestly respect them, and your right to hold your beliefs.

Want to know a secret?
[spoiler]stop watching cp[spoiler]

Why do white males always spew racist screeds whenever they get called out?

Iridium?

>fair and square
hillary won the popular vote. also
>pretending either outcome is fair
stay cucked

That's a good question, and one that I must simply answer with: "Because I feel like it", and "Because I hope that you will see the error of your ways, and become a much happier, freer person"
I would ask a similar question of you, honey. Why do you have such a view of me? Why do you get so angry at me?

Welcome to Sup Forums friend. I hope you're having a good time so far.

Modern webpages are killing the internet. And the fact that you keep 125 tabs open too.

Javascript is just too damn slow. Modern HTML and CSS sucks tho. The old and simple HTML is still the white man choice.

White males like you are genociding women of color every day, yet you have the audacity to say Firefox shouldn't censor you. Unbelievable.

I just can't even. I'm going to play some Wolfenstein 2 so I can kill nazi scum like you!

yeah lol. all these basement fascists concern trolling about privacy when all they really care about is their mom finding out about their shitposts and lolicon

What the fuck is the point of having many gigabytes of RAM if I can't even keep 200 tabs open?

firefox should censor Sup Forums and neoliberal retardation

Enjoy it, sweetie. Kill those Nazis, get out that frustration, and find your happy place. You seem so stressed. ;)

Is Vivaldi any good? Looking for a browser thats a bit more feature rich than Brave without being Chrome.

wrong it the new hybrid browser. It uses rust.

Mozilla.org says that Firefox 57 Beta is Firefox Quantum.

Thanks for volunteering. Send us a post when you have a release candidate build.

again fag the quantum project is the usage of rust and servo

>I just don't want to support sjw politics
if someone's political views stop you from using an application I think you have bigger problems than not being able to find a browser

When you use the "Firefox Quantum" beta, you're using the Firefox 57 beta. Whether or not Firefox 57 contains rust and servo code isn't interesting to me.

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/57.0beta/releasenotes/
>Firefox 57 includes many aspects of this project, so we’re calling this release Firefox Quantum.

See also pic related. Clicking on "Try the Beta" brings you to this page: mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/#beta With a download link for Firefox 57 beta.

Firefox 57 has been branded "Firefox Quantum".

SeaMonkey and Pale Moon are the only decent ones left.

>using a new language plus engine for an internet browser does not matter it is still firefox

kys fag

I never said they weren't using new technology in Firefox 57. I don't know why you think I'm saying otherwise.

What I said is I don't like Firefox 57 because it broke accessibility features:
>"Firefox Quantum" is just the brand for Firefox 57, right?
>Firefox 57 and 58 both broke accessibility.

I've got a copy of Firefox 57 and have been keeping an eye on it. I won't like it until this issue is resolved.

This has to be a troll

I just use chrome. It's fast and works great.

which accessibility features did it break?

Why use Chrome when Chromium is a thing?

"Speak selected text when the key is pressed"

In OSX there is a feature where the TTS engine will read any selected text when a shortcut is pressed. This works in any program conceivable, even xterm. Any program... except Firefox 57.

>inb4 itoddler insults
Accessibility sucks on Linux. I'm using Firefox 55 until this matter is resolved, but it doesn't seem like it will be for Firefox 57 because they've prioritized the bug as P3.

I should add, this is just the feature I've noticed broken. Since they obviously did no regression testing for accessibility features (evidenced by their failure to catch this bug) they've probably broken much more than just this.

>Chrome
>Chromium
no vertical/tree tab implementation worth using.

I do use chromium on my linux partition.

Currently on firefox 56.02 with no plans on updating. Was on Nightly and then the shift to webextensions broke all my addons. As things like classic theme restorer will never come back, I have no intention of upgrading. Why in the world they would 'update' addons and remove half their functionality I will never know.

>Why in the world they would 'update' addons and remove half their functionality I will never know.
Because they're brainlets who can't figure out how to implement multi-process tabs and a customization UI at the same time.

BRAVE SUCKS ON DESKTOP
fuck browsers that want to replace your ads instead of block them

waterfox
like firefox but without sjws and without phoning home via pocket

Safari is pretty much perfect apart from no webm (and all solutions - e.g. VLC plugin - suck ass; the VPC plugin stop loading the webm half the time).

Good thing it doesn't do that unless you opt-in, and even then, the opt-in is per site by default

What's the noticeable difference?

>Safari is pretty much perfect apart from no webm
In other words, it's dogshit that only supports MPEG licensed codecs out of pure spite.

You're not being raped in the ass by google. Though I suppose whether or not you notice that depends on whether or not your asshole is loose from a lifetime of faggotry.

>he thinks chromium isn't botnet

I don't understand, is Chromium being developed by some other company?

>This google product is better than this because it's open source
I don't think it matters so much. What's the noticeable difference, what specific changes should make me consider Chromium?

> letting a product creators ideology stop you from using the best tool for the job

quite the snowflake I see

>I don't think it matters so much.

What I'm trying to say is don't deceive yourself saying that Chromium isn't botnet. It is, it's a Google product. What specific difference removes all the bad stuff?

Vivaldi unofficially supports chrome extensions, though you would be better off ad-blocking on your whole network desu.

>the popular vote
Literally irrelevant according to the Constitution, and she knew it. The fact she got completely BTFO in the EC(Trump swept clean six or seven states that the Democrats should have won) shows how horrible she was at managing her campaign in general.