Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x3YrOgbJzrE?t=2h8m51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll make the logo

I'll incorporate it to the soon to be finished Netrunner browser

I'll start the generals

I'll translate it to my main language

Searx, Gnusocial, bitchute

I'll piss and moan about how badly it sucks.

I'll make the repo to host our go code

hooktube already exists

all trash

I'll write counter-productive shill posts to earn revenue to fund the project. They'll never know what hit them.

I was thinking Rust.

I'll shitpost on reddit, youtube and facebook to promote it

The website that censors views they don't agree with?

I'll work on the monetization policy.

I'll reap the benefits

I'm down

Although, I will most definitely continue to use the objectively better "alternatives" in OP's pic

I'll blame the Jews for everything that goes wrong

Sad part is they are popular not because there are no alternatives, they are popular because they are popular. You can create a social media site but if there's no one in it, there's no point. Promoting it requires a lot of effort.

I'll write up the botnet so there will be a billion conspiracy theories out there.

WE'LL make the logo... and nothing else

I can analyze the code and tell you the time complexity

they're popular because no one has the level of infrastructure that those big guys have. anyone with enough fullstack expertise can make a facebook or youtube clone, the problem is what happens afterwards.

An alternative to either doesn't have to have as many users logging on/using it each day. Gab and Voat have around 250K users each and they're still able to do what's needed to stay online. The trick is to respond to the demand within reason. Right now, content creators are looking for platforms that allow them to post whatever (legal) content they want to make without have to worry about it being hidden from the public because it offended a random group.

*having to worry...

/fa/Sup Forums crossover -- let's make a website that aggregates a bunch of cool clothing websites. Because I want to do it and am not sure how.

What happens? You are not going to become the new YouTube overnight, you can expand in time.

Yay, websites to do nothing in? Are all the events posted in Facebook posted there? Are my friends using it?

Old but still relevant:
youtu.be/x3YrOgbJzrE?t=2h8m51s

I think making an open-source YouTube would be a blast. If anyone is willing I can setup repos and what-not.

Pretty open-minded to language choice. Was thinking Go might be the way (Go was pretty much made for YouTube).

i'd totally be down to work on this

Even if all of Sup Forums was paid 200k a year to do this they wouldn't even compete. You are vastly over estimating the skill of people who surf Sup Forums. I would consider myself a top engineer and some of the dumb shit I see on Sup Forums about programming is nuts. NEETs won't compare to Facebooks or Googles engineers in almost any category.

Google:Yacy
Facebook:Don't need this
Youtube-Media:Goblin?

Mastodon is the perfect twitter replacement, because the entire network is made up of multiple instances. Applying this to a YouTube clone would be very, very interesting. Then you could have one Instance dedicated to videogame stuff, others to movie trailers, others for vlogging - then there is not a single point of failure and every instance can make up their own rules and restrictions.

>Mastodon
It would be extremely hard to make that work for video with current internet speeds. Also if these instances are the only copy that saying there is not a single point of failure is just false.

It depends on how high you set the requirements. I think I could make a search engine or social media site. But I don't think Sup Forums would want to use it anyway.

Searx/YaCy
GNU Social
MediaGoblin

scrap everything, literally everything and rebuilt on IPFS'n'sheit

i'll program the html

I'll program the logo

i'll program the users

I'll program the mechanical keyboard

I'll hire the motivational strippers

I'll program the motto

>Applying this to a YouTube clone would be very, very interesting. Then you could have one Instance dedicated to videogame stuff, others to movie trailers, others for vlogging
You say that as if it were a good thing, one of the things that make YouTube YouTube is the variety of content it has. And most people want to have absolutely everything in one site, and they think that being tracked is good if that means they'll have better recommendations.

If you are thinking about it as a small "just-for-Sup Forums" site then fair enough, but if you want that to be just as or more popular than YouTube (which is the obvious goal if you're thinking about an alternative) this is a really bad idea.

woah man that's genius, having your enemies pay you to shill against your own product and then putting that money into your product to keep it funded

The harder they pay you to shill the stronger your product gets

it's easy
pay someone to make it for you

Can we use R instead of Go?

Can I help?
I'm starting to learn haskell, so I think I will pretty useful.

We need an open source alternative to reality, but god insists on this proprietary bullshit so he can make money by selling our eternal souls in the afterlife.

It should be called FAG or GAY. Some word that people cringe and make it everyday household.

the pirate bay 3D printing section

3D print your open source reality

I want to say this is a good idea BUT here's the problem:
If we allow Sup Forums to make it it will never get done.
It will be in constant repair, and someone will constantly want to change something and almost weekly the site will be down due to "maintenance"
It will have some asshole bullshit that you have to get a friend invite via email or something.

No, Sup Forums shouldn't make any of these cause they would turn into meme machine factories and down at the bottom of the site it would say "Brought to you by Sup Forums"

It likely doesn't help my case when I am literally on a server.

BUT if you want to make work, google "meebo" and do something similar to it. I miss that site.

Are you talking about Hooktube? First time hearing about this.

Never heard of meebo until now.

Meebo was around for like 5 or 6 years or longer, I don't remember. It had all current social media platform logins so you could have everything in it and their own chat rooms. It was convenient as fuck. Then I believe google bought it and I'm sad. They never did shit with it :(

ill host the web server if u goys promise not to hack me kk??

instances are connected, with federated timelines
so e.g. you can connect similar interests across them if you really wish

or just simply watch videogame only vids

>open source alternative to botnet
Can't you just go talk to people outside?

>open source alternative to youtube
Who's going to provide the funding to host 2 Tb of data every second?

Google = Duckduckgo/startpage

Facebook = GNU Social or Mastodon

Youtube = Mediagoblin

I still dont get how the fuck in all these years there is still no competition for Youtube and such

Alternatives exist.
The problem is, nobody uses them.

Unless you can convince people to stop using the services in your picture, it doesn't matter if there are alternatives.

MediaGoblin is a free software media publishing platform that anyone can run. You can think of it as a decentralized alternative to Flickr, YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. It's also:

The perfect tool to show and share your media!
Building tools to empower the world through decentralization!
Built for extensibility. Multiple media types, including video support!
Part of the GNU project and devoted to user freedom.