Is this, dare I say it, the ThinkPad of smartphones!?

Is this, dare I say it, the ThinkPad of smartphones!?

you mean, shilled on Sup Forums and considered weird and ugly by normies? then yes

That's not the zenfone 3 zoom

With an exposed conector?

Wow, I love Motorola but I can't agree more with you.

>considered weird and ugly by normies
the only phones that aren't considered ugly by normies are samsung phones and iphones
pick your poison

Zf3 reporting in

>Snapdragon 625
>5000mAh
holy fucking shit. how much does that battery last, weeks?

no

it uses pwm which funnily the cheaper motos don't

>weird and ugly
what is this meme? normies always tell me my phone is pretty, it's probably because i use the shell to hide the moto mods connector though

>Android
probably 3 hours of screen time

the moto z play gets 10 hours of SoT easily

>Asus
>ZenUI

No. Laggier than a vendor ROM with multiple adware and cryptominers, worse battery life than an old LG phone, less updates than Chinese $50 devices.

you posted the wrong image

>phone is a sluggish piece of shit
>b-but it has muh keyboard
no need to compromise performance with the Kino Z Play

>landscape keyboard
absolutely disgusting

>no rooting
dropped

> sluggish piece of shit
not an argument
landscape keyboards are very uncomfortable on phones

> muh supposed freedom
> muh customization
come back to this board once you're older than 18. Stick to Sup Forums or /vg/ in the meantime and stay there.

>cryptominers,worse battery life than an old LG phone
good b8

>buying a phone that will get abandoned after 1 year

not much

I would honestly grab one for them addons.

I bought a Moto G4 and sincerely the only issue I see is that there aren't that many decent ROMs. I had pretty much what I would say was the perfect ROM except that it stopped getting any updates at all, but now I'm stuck without them. That said, with that one, the phone was fast, stable, didn't get any problems, one random reboot in 4 fucking months and the battery was nice. Sincerely I fucking love this phone.

But yeah now I'm stuck with a ROM that usually reboots and drains battery a bit quicker. My previous ROM, which I had no problems with but had without updates was some AOSGP X build from May, while the one I'm using right now is ViperOS because both LOS and RR were giving me some trouble. Any suggestions?

And by the way, does the Moto Z actually have a gamepad addon? Be cool to have something discrete that you can just pop out, like the Xperia Play.

aren't you ashamed of pulling things out of your ass?

You misspelled iOS wrong

I don't even care about the add-ons, the phone is just great all around and excels in battery. It's also the first phone I've ever used that NEVER heats up (not even a little) and the CPU never throttles either. And yes there is a gamepad mod, IMO that and the keyboard mod are the only ones worth getting. There is a lot of potential in Moto Mods though, there just aren't many great ones yet.

>mfw my $350 Moto Z Play had a better OLED panel than the $1000 Pixel 2 XL I returned

That's not Librem 5

Are there third party mods in the making? I would see the potential if other manufacturers can just do that shit. Problem is these accessories are for a very small number of phones so it would be more convenient if next Motos also included support for these.

Hasselblad made a camera mod, but it seriously sucks worse than the onboard camera somehow. There's also a couple 3rd party battery pack mods out there that add about 2000 mah.

Thinkpads aren't overpriced, though

>ThinkPads
>Not overpriced

If anything, the Moto Z Play is one of the best phones for its value. You'd better consider one before Lenovo fucks that line up and charges $1000 for a Moto Z Anniversary Edition.

>contains retro 3.5 mm headphone jack, fingerprint scanner, and right angled display

>pajeet this fucking desperate
>confirmed fixes just around the corner with 11.1
>Oreo 0.2% market share

>forgets the Lollipop battery drain
>forgets the Lollipop memory leak that plagued devices for several revisions
>forgets not all of those devices got updates
>forgets the Marshmallow battery drain and Doze not working
>forgets Android Nougat GPS/Wi-fi bugs and battery drain
>forgets 50% of devices on a version earlier than Marshmallow

>not in control of your own device
>thinkpad
lol

The moto g is fragile piece of glass

ThinkPad is like a tank.

If anything maybe that healing phone LG made a few years ago or the cat phone.

>fixes
If by that you mean massive gimping of older hardware then yeah man, prepared to get your anus "fixed".

>1920x1080
>16:10
Am I missing something?

You get a nice pair of black, 60 pixel tall, bars on the top and bottom of the screen under the glass, so normal content looks like it's wider :^)

>holy fucking shit. how much does that battery last, weeks?

Sadly, no. I don't know what the fuck moto did wrong there, since my 3000mAh G5 Plus gets 10+ hours of screen on time with 30%+ left on my battery. I don't understand how a 625 with 5000mAh isnt destroying my 625 and 3000mAh.

I absolutely agree.
Moto Z Play is THE phone to get.
I just can't accept subpar battery life anymore.
If you're an iPhone user and think your phone hss good battery life, you just haven't experienced it.

That's not a refurb

Wrong answer, it's the moto Sup Forums 2.

I'm not autistic, then I have control over my device. What are you implying?

Librem 5 is the ThinkPad of smartphones.
>can run GNU or Android, possibly Sailfish or even (((Windows))) in future
>camera, microphone and GPS killswitch
>libre by default
It's even overpriced like thinkpads. The only flaw is it'll be released in 2019.

Anything that's forced to run android is a wrong answer.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>can’t refute so he posts the same debunked infographic from his meme folder

Hahahahahahah

I really want this phone but the camera just seems too shitty.

No replies? Why isn't it more popular? Where's the catch?

>no physical keyboard
D R O P P E D

>sluggish piece of shit
Same specs you ignorant nigger
>no this has a 8-
You're using the wrong version

>what is the priv
You know it's true user

Pic related btw

>buying new ThinkPads
I see you're retarded

It's made by freetards

2600mAh

Kek

is this an insult on Sup Forums?

Is this your first time here?

Hopefully the Keyone will last longer.

Yeah I hope so too
But until then

no

That's an odd way to spell 3510

Okay then

Yep.
That's the thinkpad of cellphones right there.

The catch is, it's a 600$ device. While this is fine for muh privacy, the device won't be available until early/mid 2019. And it's current specs are that of a midrange 2015 device. So it'll be outdated on release. They expect to ship 3GB RAM and 32GB storage, which is something you'd get on a 150-225$ chink smartphone in 2017. So no dual booting because 32GB storage isn't enough for a daily driver and an android partition.
Also they will need proprietary blobs for certain parts of the system, unless they want to sacrifice battery life and performance. Users will hopefully be able to choose this.

For a device that will launch in 2019 with such hardware I'd say they overcharged by 300$ even if you get a very private phone. Unless they make very impressive software and user experience to back it up I don't think I'll personally pay 600$ for this. I probably would if they released that exact device a year or two ago.
I mean, think about it. For a couple hundred extra $ you can get a system76 laptop running Linux.

that's the Moto Z user, not the Moto Z Play
the Moto Z is a piece of shit which is ironic considering it's supposed to be the high range phone

Thats exactly why I got a dell precision. Chinkpads are memetaxed badgewhores.

There's no Thinkpad of smartphones. There's literally no phone without a flaw nowadays, you could use a brick phone though

Thanks mate, that was really helpful. Well, I'm looking for a mobile device that can run telegram/signal and is not compromised (no android/ios) so this kinda looks like I want, but that price tag is a killer.

>People will pay for something like this.

>front facing fingerprint reader
>no front facing stereo speakers
>glass back
>slow updates
>Is this, dare I say it, the ThinkPad of smartphones!?
Definitely no.

Librem 5 is sadly the cheapest fully libre smartphone, unless someone makes a cheaper one by the time of it's release.

I bought a moto g5 earlier this year and it's bretty gud for like 150 britbongbucks. I am kind of ashamed that I didnt go for the g5 play though. Motos are pretty nicely made, software updates suck asscock though.

>average 9:32 hours
I fucking doubt it

that phone is buttfuckin ugly

the first moto g is the thinkpad of smartphones

>not buying a Blackberry Passport, the gentleman's phone

>>libre by default
open source baseband firmware is illegal in the united states

damn, just got the Moto e4 plus with similar 5000mah, battery is amazing, if only the Zen phone software wasn't complete fucking vomit

loving my moto e4plus. maybe a little sluggish, but i got it for $100, so i'm nit complaining. best phone i've owned. far better than my old s6

I have a 2nd gen Moto G and it's starting to show its age.
Should I upgrade to a different flavor of Moto G or jump to the Moto Z?

Nomies also started to refer to andriod phones in general as "samsungs".

Is it better to buy a Moto Z Play or a Moto Z2 Play?