Iphone X review

The first Iphone X review is up on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=KPYe5343jdQ
Phone looks great even considering the unibrow, what are your views?
Me personally going to wait and purchase a Samsung S9 than paying 1000usd for iphone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r51fE02IVRE
developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/overview/iphone-x/
google.com/search?q=s9 headphone jack
youtube.com/watch?v=l0DoQYGZt8M
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891061815000599?via=ihub
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19810017132.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=adey wr
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=microwave comet assay
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=microwave dendritic
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=GSM brain
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26401913
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2248324/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My reasons to wait and buy S9 when it launches in march (4 more months) is
1. price 700 vs 1000 usd
2. Headphone jack
3. S9 is going to run linux from phone, they showed S8 running full fledged ubuntu when you connect to display in their dev conference last month, they are still working on it and will be available in the next gen. (pic is ubuntu running ide from s8)
4. Newer camera sensors, S8 and S7 has the same camera sensor and its 2 years old now, samsung already launched 2 new sensors last months and they are going to be in next S9
5. Android treble support as it comes with oreo which means faster updates.
6. Fingerprint scanner (hopefully they fix the location.
These are the main things that are making me live with my shitty S4 for 4 more months, then upgrade to S9

>$1000 phone
>first description he uses is only "pretty good"

The iPhone X isn't worth getting simply because it was made for manlets with small hands.

the notch looks less ugly on video
still ugly tho

Great it can run the Linux kernel with the closest ties to the nsa

>notch
The one and only dealbreaker.
I get that they want to say that it's a 5.8'' screen but it still ruins it.

I don't see a reason to even buy a phone that expensive considering a 400 dollar one nowadays is extremely powerful and can do pretty much anything.

You guys take phones as seriously as a car, house or your work computer sometimes jesus christ.

did this mad man fake a review from the showroom footage??

Most people don't switch out their house and car every time a new model is released due to blind loyalty to a brand.

>being this poor

it's a top notch phone for sure.

looks pretty fucking long

let me guess, you don't own your home, you have debt on your car and you call people who didn't buy a iphone on credit "poor"?

It's called having honor, if you - like me - own your home and own your car and have zero debt then you've got honor. If you've got debt then you're a honor-less slave. I've yet to meet a single iPhone user with zero debt. I've also noticed that these slaves also like to show off with other fancy "status-symbols" that they've also bought on credit.

I have difficulty in understanding what's so "contra intuitive" with the gesture controls. Much of it was present on MeeGo And BBOS10, it was simply and elegant, what's so hard about it?

Better video youtube.com/watch?v=r51fE02IVRE

I imagine the Linux performance will suck due to read speeds, just like live USB. But it would be amazing if they gave you a full desktop experience.

i own my house and car and i have one credit card debt, which is less than $1000. work buys my iphones. meh.

Hi, iPhone user with zero debt here. On a 6 plus, and no plans to buy another one soon, cause it works just fine.

Will the iphone 8 also get these touch gestures?

>i'm on this 10 year old iPhone model because "it just werks fine"
Yeah sure poorfag, keep telling yourself that.
stay poor

Maybe the notch can have a software fix by just filling in its two sides with black screen since on oled it should blend in fine but then there's that bottom bezel for the floating thing NVM it can't be fixed

>No home button
wtf were they thinking?

I'm waiting for the Galaxy S9 too. It's going to have the best of Samsung's OLED technology while iPhone X has the last gen shit.

>touchwizz

I think they forgot to mention how great Touchwiz is. I agree it is the best.

Apple explicitly disallows this. You can't get an app approved in the store if you try to hide the notch.

>It's going to have the best of Samsung's OLED technology
Burned in.

>Apple explicitly disallows this. You can't get an app approved in the store if you try to hide the notch.

Here, you lazy faggot

>Don't mask or call special attention to key display features. Don't attempt to hide the device's rounded corners, sensor housing, or indicator for accessing the Home screen by placing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Don't use visual adornments like brackets, bezels, shapes, or instructional text to call special attention to these areas either.

>bloatware
>ugly
>shitty memory management
>bloatware
>"best"

Youre just retarded

Niggers don't make great hand models for phone reviews. Like a hairy turd holding the phone.

You know, the thing that bothers me after playing around with it in the simulator is not the obvious thing at the top, but the microphone that's right there in the middle of the screen in the bottom.

Holy fuck. That's awful.
I wanted to wait for it and not get the 8 because the 8's screen is rather low-res but now I'm not so sure anymore.

You Americans don't know the struggle. That phone costs 2000$ (approximately because we don't use dollars) in my country.

Wait, I'm an idiot. That's not the speaker. The software puts that there...

If that's disablable, I'll get the thing. Is supposed to be a guide to the normies, in case they forget where to swipe to close?

this, are there any white people who reviewed the phone that apple didnt have taken down?

I have used both pixel phones and Samsung s8 and touchwiz has way more functionality better memory and battery management and better ui than stock but whatever keep using the same meme.

Then don’t buy it fuck off

>a monkeynigger acting out batman with a monkey talking emoji

saved

It's more common than you'd think with cars thanks to leases

>I've yet to meet a single iPhone user with zero debt.
What a weird statement. They're an extremely popular product worldwide, you've definitely met at least one iPhone user with no debt.
Do you normally ask iPhone users you meet about their debt situation?

S9 wont have a headphone jack google.com/search?q=s9 headphone jack
and it will have that dumb unibrow design of iphonex. Screencap this post faggot!

Samsung uses UFS2+ for storage, it's pretty good.

>You guys take phones as seriously as a car, house or your work computer sometimes jesus christ.
Exposure to pulsed microwave fields alters membrane response to ligand binding, and activates voltage gated calcium channels. Which alters hormone and neurotransmitter release... and causes damage to the parts of the brain that deal with uni/crossmodal integration of object information... which is used to evaluate and recognize novelty and change future patterns based on past results, a function of working memory...

What does this mean? Addiction via neurotransmitter release, altered ability to properly differentiate a novel from non-novel object with increased exploratory behavior towards novel objects, and crippled ability to learn from getting screwed repeatedly. Certain frequencies also increase patterning to certain types of stimuli.

They're brain damaging mind control devices, intentionally or not. That's part of the bizarre and empty behavior of a typical heavy cell phone user. Though make no mistake, histological studies have made it quite clear that damage is done with only 15 minutes of exposure per day, and is still present 14 days post exposure. There's no dose response curve where you just "use it a little bit". You don't want brain damage, you don't use it at all, and you don't go near it.

Also, cumulative germ line damage will eliminate the ability to produce viable offspring soon. Won't take more than 2-3 generations at current exposure levels. Prenatal and early childhood exposure also causes major developmental damage. We'll be seeing a lot of that too, along with more autism. Autism rates are now conservatively, 1 in 43 children.

considering you have an s4, then yeah definitely wait for the s9 if you didn't want an s8 earlier this year.

i had a 4s since early 2012, so i was also overdue for a new phone so i got the s8 when it came out. pretty comfy and i plan on hanging onto to it at least until whatever the s10 is.

>citation needed

who is this 99 cent store imitation of marques brownlee? ill wait for marques' video

who gives a shit, we'll be long dead when anything serious goes down, also fuck procreation

>he doesn't take out a 30 month loan to buy a car and then trade it in with positive equity and slowly work his way up to more and more expensive cars every 2.5 years

I'm waiting for the SE2. I don't regret the 6S that I got, as I like the 3D Touch, but there's nothing in particular that I want from any phone released since then, and am just looking for a phone with the features of the 6S, and the size of the SE.

It's out!
youtube.com/watch?v=l0DoQYGZt8M

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
There ya go. Start here.

To help you out a bit read:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891061815000599?via=ihub
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19810017132.pdf

And read the bulk of William Ross Adey's post 50's work.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=adey wr

You only accept brain damage, DNA damage, and the ravaging of every system in your body because it's slow, produces non-descript and general symptoms, and lacks the profound contrast of acute illness. Early onset dementia, shit memory, shit spatial reasoning, and all manner of other problems, is no fun. And that's what you're looking at. And you'll be living it. Unfortunately it's hard for many people to actually engage with the idea of having to live deteriorating health and crippled functionality. Till ya get there.

Also, to the other poster. Add amyloid beta and microwave together as search terms. Also, search for dendritic arborization.

*You're
Learn to speak english rajeesh mughnbad

why are all the review videos by people of color?
are white people to poor to get one?

Damn, I had read there was no scientific evidence for this, so I assumed you were a crackpot. This Pall guy doesn't seem to be quack. Thanks for the links.

The look itself is ugly. But that's personal.
iOS is horrible, you can't even change your camera settings, just to put things into prospective.
And of course the cost is unjustifiable.

But my real issue is with a gesture-only mobile phone. 3d touched, on a mobile device, was stupid enough, but gesture only is another level of stupidity.

Can you post a study directly linking smartphones to these damaging effects?

UV light causes cancer but that doesn't mean walking outside is going to give you melanoma. These things take high levels of exposure for long periods of time. Until you can post a study done specifically showing smartphones doing these things, you're just speculating wildly.

I already have. You didn't bother to follow the citations. Additionally:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=microwave comet assay
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=microwave dendritic
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=GSM brain
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26401913

etc. Also look into L-type voltage gated calcium channel structure, elevated intracellular Ca2+ in relation to iNOS, and NO's reaction with superoxide to form peroxynitrite. Bear in mind, NO reacts with superoxide 3 times faster than superoxidd dismutase can get rid of it. Glutathionine is important for getting rid of free radicals (H2O2 produced by superoxide dismutase, peroxynitrite, etc). Its actions are mediated by glutathione peroxidase and glutathionine reductase. If glutathionine reserves are exhausted, or these enzymes are deactivated by free radicals, cell damage and death will result. That's what aberrant calcium channel activation, calcium entry via NMDA receptors, etc does. Kills cells. Well studied pathway with hemorrhagic stroke, epilepsy, and concussions.

Further reading:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2248324/

A cursory search of pubmed, sciencedirect, etc will reveal a massive amount of studies. The naval medical research institute put together a bibliography of all known soviet and american literature, its final version had ~2400 elements. Know when that was published? 1972. A lot has been done since then. Its an old field, and at this point, for the most part it's just details. If you look, you'll find. The speculation is about as wild as suggesting putting a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger will blow your brains all over the place. The mechanics of the process are just being described in slow motion.

>The first Iphone X review is up on youtube.
>review

only an idiot who takes cocks into his ass and likes it would call that a "review".

funny enough the normal i8 is too small for me cause its too thin and i cant get a good grip and the i8plus is too big for me to hold it with one hand properly and the ix seems to be the best fit for me based on the pictures

So I should literally use a tinfoil hat?

I read a few that said there was no notable difference in rats exposed to cell phone levels of radiation and those that weren't.

You clearly aren't interested in conveying a point as much as you are just copy pasting abstracts from journals you only half understand in an effort to appear more intelligent. Again, link a DIRECT study showing EMF from cell phones is harmful or GTFO.

protip: you can't. That's why you'll keep posting misconstrued statements written by actual PhDs so you can try to look smart.

Fucking schizo pseudointellectual.

Like the S8/S8+/Note 8 but worse.

If it's not grounded it will be apt to act like an antenna, or a mirror. A shaped surface increases the probability excitations in the field will occur in a certain region of space, which in the case of a hat (cone shape), is your head. Clothing woven with fine meshes of various metals don't work for a similar reason.
-Not reliably grounded
-Incomplete coverage (holes for limbs, lack of sealing, etc)
-Inability to inconspicuously cover the face. Solutions with metallic nanoparticles have their own problems, and don't really work in general.

Pretty much, a faraday cage must be properly grounded and enclosed. As it stands, if you can't get away from constant exposure (like more or less anyone that must have a job, or has neighbors) blocking the initial calcium influx is the ideal approach, as it eliminates most subsequent effects. The chemical approach isn't feasible for a number of reasons though, calcium channel blockers have many systemic side effects. Occasional use of phenibut or magnolia bark would be a way to somewhat approach that ideal.

Many studies have shown magnesium and selenium levels are important for counteracting action of toxins at the cell membrane. Vitamin C and E levels attenuate damage by oxidative stress. Upregulation of nrf2 can be effective. Elimination of other toxins that will act synergistically (aluminum, PCBs, phorbol esters, etc) is important. Melatonin, reluctantly I'd suggest as a supplement. It's a good free radical scavenger, gets rid of beta amyloid, and promotes proper sleep and hormone regulation. Certain herbs can be helpful. It's not been formally studied but I suspect celastrus paniculatus is one of them.

There's no good solution. Eliminating exposure is the only complete and effective way. Internally I think it's the only meaningful approach, and the data supports it.

>tfw want it so bad but too poor
>looks fucking great as fuck
>will spend my time bashing it on Sup Forums instead to numb the pain

M-my moto g is better and it costs less lol macfags lololol

The slightly more in-depth reviews came out today.

The verge's first look is up too
>But go outside in bright sunlight, which contains a lot of infrared light, or under crappy florescent lights, which interfere with IR, and Face ID starts to get a little inconsistent.
wew

Same camera, same software, shit's fucked in landscape mode, apps aren't adapting well and many are broken, $1000 price tag BUT
>"The iPhone X is clearly the best iPhone ever made"

>You clearly aren't interested in conveying a point
I've explained the mechanics, and I've posted literature that supports it. Decades worth, incidentally. If you aren't willing to understand or look further on your own, chances are explaining it won't get results. I don't feel like investing resources (my time) into someone I don't think is worth it. You have obvious mental barriers, are becoming agitated and aggressive, and refuse to make any effort of your own. Make sense? The hypothetical third party observer is also not a sufficient drive. I'll pick through and select some GSM-900 stuff showing cell loss in the dentate gyrus and major damage to serotoneric circuitry.

>copy pasting abstracts
Full texts are paywalled. Getting them is up to you. Use sci-hub or something.

>Misconstrued statements
From "Joint Actions of Environmental Nonionizing Electromagnetic Fields and Chemical Pollution in Cancer Promotion", Adey 1990.
"
Do these EM fields constitute a health hazard? Based on available epidemiological data and laboratory studies, it has become increasingly clear that these fields acting either alone or in conjunction with chemicals that occur as environmental pollutants may constitute a potential health hazard. Much has been accomplished in the past decade in establishing a firm base of new knowledge, despite a grave and growing lack of research funds and also entrenched and often self-serving attitudes among influential groups who have denied the possibility of adverse effects, based simply on their a priori positions.
[...]

Potential hazards of these fields relate to athermal tissue interactions where tissue heating is not the significant factor in the observed effects. By definition, ionizing radiation is not involved. From a public health aspect, we should recognize at the outset the principal
nay-sayers against the potential health hazards of athermal EM fields. Engineers have taken the view that if it cannot fry the subject, it cannot hurt him. Physiologists have maintained that equilibrium phenomena, which they have believed to be the prime determinants of excitation at cell membranes, would not be influenced by such weak fields and therefore that they are of no physiological significance. Physicists not sufficiently informed in nonequilibrium long-range interactions and the vast burgeoning of new knowledge in quantum mechanics in their chosen field have stoutly maintained that these fields are too weak to disrupt even a hydrogen bond by
an increase in thermal energy. All three views are erroneous because they ignore the fundamental importance of highly cooperative processes in biomolecular systems, based on long-range atomic interactions in nonlinear, nonequilibrium electrodynamics, and the quantum physical interactions that now emerge as the key phenomena in biomolecular systems.

As we move towards the twenty-first century, elucidation of mechanisms underlying these interactions at the cellular and molecular level will become matters ofurgency. At the same time, implementation ofpublic policies that would mitigate risks from these exposures may impact heavily on existing industrial practices and on important aspects of environmental planning in housing and urban development. At this stage, it is of paramount importance that the significance of these issues no longer be ignored.
"

He made his position pretty clear.

>I read a few that said there was no notable difference in rats exposed to cell phone levels of radiation and those that weren't.
Be sure to read their methods, with particular regard to frequency tested, equipment to generate and verify the frequency, modulation used (pulsed, continuous, FM, etc), exposure environment, and statistical analysis method. Prefer studies that include histological evaluations and broader parameters (like comet assay), rather than very specific behavioral parameters or markers. Verify the processing methods will yield accurate and meaningful results.

What follows will be some of the studies I mentioned.

That would be Fedora, whose kernel is compiled to support SELinux.
Ubuntu uses AppArmor, which is not tied to the NSA

HHHHIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my battery....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent sulphur dioxide yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....isopropyl alcohol.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now.... SSSSSSSSSSSSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSS Oh yes...very good!....very toxic and flammable my battery....hmmmmm...is that a drop of melted plastic I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of cake icing my dear....ah yes....let me guess...Thionyl chloride, SOCl2 primary cells?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well SOCI2......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....bubble gum and burning paper I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite..... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Oh I was not expecting thatthat little plume my dear.you caught me off guardyesso gentle it was thoughhmmmmlet me taste this little onejust one small sniff..sniffah.ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffffand yetso strongyesthe odor.sniff sniffhmmm.is that.sniff.hmmm.I can almost taste it my dear..yes.justsniff.a little whiff more if you please..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffah yes I have it now.yes quite.hhhhmmmmdelectable my battery..quite exquisite yes..I dare saysniff.the most toxic one yet my dear.ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff.yes.I am now mentally retarded due to the fumes my dear...

Li 2015 - Alterations of cognitive function and 5-HT system in rats after long term microwave exposure
Ammari 2008 - Effect of a chronic GSM 900 MHz exposure on glia in the rat brain
Saikhedkar 2014 - Effects of mobile phone radiation (900 MHz radiofrequency) on structure and functions of rat brain
Mausset-Bonnefont 2004 - Acute exposure to GSM 900-MHz electromagnetic fields induces glialreactivity and biochemical modifications in the rat brain
Sahin 2015 - Deleterious impacts of a 900-MHz electromagnetic field on hippocampal pyramidal neurons of 8-week old Sprague Dawley male rats
Odaci 2015 - Maternal exposure to a continuous 900-MHz electromagnetic field provokes neuronal loss and pathological changes in cerebellum of 32-day-old female rat offspring
Kerimoglu 2016 - Pernicious effects of long-term, continuous 900-MHz electromagnetic field throughout adolescence on hippocampus morphology, biochemistry and pyramidal neuron numbers in 60-day-old Sprague Dawley male rats
Tkalec 2012 - Oxidative and genotoxic effects of 900 MHz electromagnetic fields in the earthworm Eisenia fetida
Boga 2015 - The effect of 900 and 1800 MHz GSM-like radiofrequency irradiation and nicotine sulfate administration on the embryonic development of Xenopus laevis
Hanci 2013 - The effect of prenatal exposure to 900-MHz electromagnetic field on the 21-old-day rat testicle
Brillaud 2007 - Effect of an acute 900 MHz GSM exposure on glia in the rat brain: A time-dependent study
Vecchio 2009 - Continuous exposure to 900 MHz GSM-modulated EMF alters morphological maturation of neural cells
Bas 2009 - 900 MHz electromagnetic field exposure affects qualitative and quantitative features of hippocampal pyramidal cells in the adult female rat

If you want research with primates you'll have to stick with Adey and Bawin's research. That's one of the few times you'll have that kind of funding pumped into very specific neuroscience research.

So either go live inawoods or tough it up and accept brain damage. Fantastic, just how much of essential societal functions are creeping poisons like this?

Just about all of them, I've come think. Everything is corrupt, everything is broken, and everything is net toxic. No matter where you look, it's layer after layer of illusion, and delusion. There is not a single societal structure or institution that hasn't been refined into a tool for whatever vertical control structure(s) it happens to be part of, or useful to. Medicine and "food" in the US is the worst, and what bothers me the most.

Everything is connected. Nothing exists in a vacuum. You gotta take care of yourself, but most people can't or won't. And they won't change or listen. All you can do is watch them needlessly waste away while they're milked for whatever they're worth.

It's not qled though so it's not their top screen

>$1000+ phone
that's a kike meme to make people think the phones are supposed to be priced highly and are luxury items, the best phones are $149-349, anything higher and its just diminishing returns

Gonna wait for samsung to make a none-meme phone. Active is too fugly and isn't released here

I've actually held that belief for some time but it's just something very grotesque that you want not to be true. It's stupidly simple too, all you have to do is apply 'if it's too good to be true then it is' on a macro level and voila!