/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
evleaks: "Top-half of OnePlus 5T"
twitter.com/evleaks/status/924969144474357760

Pixel 2 XL vs. Galaxy Note 8 (SD835) vs. OnePlus 5 - PhoneBuff Style Speed Test
youtube.com/watch?v=jL2jWQo25ac

Xiaomi Mi A1 - The Best Android Under £200?
youtube.com/watch?v=w_Vo-VmNRAQ

New Galaxy S9 leaks: no headphone jack?
phonearena.com/news/New-Galaxy-S9-leaks-no-headphone-jack_id99360

Huawei Mate 10 review
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10-review-1675.php

Qualcomm likely to announce the Snapdragon 845 in early December
gsmarena.com/qualcomm_likely_to_announce_the_snapdragon_845_in_early_december-news-27978.php

Deal: Sony Xperia XZ drops to $314.99
gsmarena.com/deal_sony_xperia_xz_drops_to_31499-news-27967.php

The Essential PH-1 Isn't A Success, And The $200 Price Drop Proves It
techtimes.com/articles/214739/20171024/the-essential-ph-1-isnt-a-success-and-the-200-price-drop-proves-it.htm

(Deal Alert) 64GB ZTE Axon 7 Dual SIM GSM Unlocked Smartphone (Global Model) - $ 229.99
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1017631.html

old

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14267056
essential.com/pages/friends-and-family-offer
oneplus.net/ca_en/oneplus-5
amazon.ca/OnePlus-Android-Snapdragon-2-45GHz-FDD-LTE/dp/B073H2Q8GV/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509379279&sr=8-2&keywords=oneplus 5
amazon.ca/OnePlus-Android-Snapdragon-2-45GHz-FDD-LTE/dp/B073H2YCHH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509379279&sr=8-1&keywords=oneplus 5
support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

xiaomeme and chinks rules

When will you guys stop using worst girl to start these threads?

wow that cutie has an xz1

All fixable by using package Disabler pro

Is there any phone /spg/ has a consensus as a worthwhile buy right now? I've seen pretty much every single phone bashed in some way beyond the OnePlus 3T. At a complete loss on what to pick up.

Could /spg/ recommend me a good phone between $600-800 CAD? ($400-600 USD roughly)

I need something that is water resistant and will last me 3-5 years.

Please take this survey. A $5 Amazon gift card will be sent to you within 2~500 business days via Indian Post.

strawpoll.me/14267056

Would Maki love me if I pick up an xz1 compact later?

LG V30 or iPhone X

waifu~

>LG
enjoy your delayed updates

Mi A1 unless your'e American. if so, Moto X4.

oneplus 5

How do you feel knowing the Note8 will outsell the Pixel 2 XL by a factor of 5?

> water resistant
S7 or LG G6.

Can someone with an Essential phone hook me up with the friends and family discount code?
essential.com/pages/friends-and-family-offer

You can get a discount code from their website above and email it to kimwilson at keemail.me.

I would be eternally grateful, thank you.

>oneplus.net/ca_en/oneplus-5
>Out of stock

lol no shit because half the retards buying an ASOP device are doing it specifically because they want to circle jerk with each other on tech forums.
No other phone will get near the online tech circle jerk than the Pixel's and Nexuses. It's the same every year and samsung outsells them every single year by massive margins, not even by a little, by a LOT.

i have an iphone 4S still.
AMA

Pixshit shill BTFO. go suck Sundai Pichai's dick you pajeet cockholster.

sadly, but you can get one off of ebay brand new

Maki is shit

Communities are BAD
Software DRM that hinders community growth is GOOD
A strong vocal demanding community hurts publicity
Fragmentation fosteres helplessness, securing next year sales

Galaxy Note 4 pen stopped working correctly, it seems to keep on detecting the pen contact when the pen has left the screen, causing extra unintended marks to appear as the pen moves off of the screen (through natural writing motions for example).

Anybody know how to fix this? All I've found online is old comments that are now irrelevant or saying to calibrate the pen by touching the four corners. That's not helping my issue unfortunately.

It's OOS because OP5T is coming next month

Is the moto X4 a good phone?

Is $749 CAD a fair price for the 8GB/128GB version?

amazon.ca/OnePlus-Android-Snapdragon-2-45GHz-FDD-LTE/dp/B073H2Q8GV/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509379279&sr=8-2&keywords=oneplus 5

Or should i save myself $90 and go for the 6/64GB version?

amazon.ca/OnePlus-Android-Snapdragon-2-45GHz-FDD-LTE/dp/B073H2YCHH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509379279&sr=8-1&keywords=oneplus 5

What phone to get that's?
>not overpriced
>not planned obsoleteness
>SD card support and storage expansion
>Android 7.1
>not chink

Is OP5T worth waiting for? Is it going to be more expensive?

what's the most kvlt smartphone?

Pixel 2

Is it a good idea to grab a windows 10 phone now that they're all super discounted?

>mSD card support

it's like you're retarded.

>$749
>$659
those are fair prices, only slightly more than what Oneplus themselves were selling them for.

>should i save myself $90 and go for the 6/64GB version?
if you feel 64GB will be enough storage then sure. You wont notice a difference between 6GB and 8GB RAM.

I use contract (can't afford PAYG currently) and looking to upgrade, I waited till the new phones were out.

Since Pixel 2 is out of the option, iPhone X or s8 or Note 8.

Leaning towards IPhone because the front cams on samsung are ass from my experience, I hate my s7's one but also because I want a change in phone and something different and androids get laggy overtime.

Carrier? You can't byod swap in?

>can't afford PAYG
>considering buying a $1k smartphone

all weebs should just kill themselves. they all want to anyway.

I use three. They don't have much of a selection.

>implying i pay for my contract

is the Nokia 8 worth it

100%

Yes, get it.

Is it still usable after the iOS7 update

i'm on iOS 9.3.2 and it's really slow.
apps close automatically when switching between two

Just bought my Google pixel. Yet Sup Forums says they hate it, why?

for what I heard no root and the camera is really bad
I heard the greyscale + color thing is not really good in any phone

because it's google

Just ordered the V20 today lads
>inb4 kelloggs bootloops
>inb4 poor updates
Don't care, probably pick up one of those xbox hueg 10,000mah battery packs for flights and get comfy

as you said you're on three, just get the honor 9, but i'd keep the S7 as it's still a good phone.

>Snapdragon 630
>3gb of ram

why even ask

I have a samsung note5 that's been a lot slower in recent months. Not sure if its updates to the firmware or my browsers that's slowing it down, but internet browsing has been a lot slower. Firefox's loading bar will only half complete on most pages and never finish, while most of the content can be viewed, though clicking an embedded video will hang some more.

On that note, I have 42 tabs opened, so maybe thats the problem. Not sure whether firefox mobile keeps tabs as unloaded thumbnails or if they're contributing heavily to slowdown.

>having to do that at all with a thousand dollars flagship

Samsung cucks are embarrassing.

clear the cache.

Will that fuck my site logins or anything important?

When will the V30 ship to europe?

>samsung device
>not using the samsung browser with ad blocker ad-on

it's literally and unironically the best browser for android.

Get the 128GB version then.

Download and run Package Disabler Pro
Clear cache
Restart phone
Doing those three things in that order made my GS5 gain back at least a year's worth of speed.

>india market
I'm sure you're right and it's just fine but W E W

any advice for a bong on a budget?
been eyeing the moto g5 for a bit

no dumbass, that's in the data partition, not the cache partition.

I'll give that a try of clearing the cache alone doesnt fix it. Another problem that might just be the site layout maybe some of you can confirm. Is that while im browsing siliconera in firefox, if i fullscreen a video, every 8 seconds or so it'll cover most of the viewing area in a big black bar until I try to scroll the page again, then repeats. Literally have to watch embedded videos on their page by just zooming in. Youtube and most other sites work fine, but I found it odd since it didnt always happen.

Sorry for the offense friend, I never learned much about how android or its folder structure works. But thank you for your help.

Also here's pic related with what I mean. Clearing cache and restarting didnt fix it, and no addons are disabled. Green bar loads indefinitely

*blue bar
>fuck

did you clear the cache through the bootloader? or just the application cache?

My mom is upgrading from her dated and defective (legitimately not working correctly) iPhone 4 to some newer Android phone. Only thing she's really worried about is that it's not more than 5", and isn't somehow worse than her old iPhone, especially the camera. Right now she's eyeing the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 for $150. Anyone know anything off the top of their heads that beats it for up to around $200? Maybe $300 if it's a huge upgrade?

Should I upgrade from a Nexus 5X to a Pixel or Pixel 2? My main concern is the headphone jack.

the only modern sub 5 inch devices are sony's xperia compacts.

Just the application cache. By through the bootloader you mean like starting in the mode for flashing a rom?

Does she really want Android? I've found most people used to Apple's ecosystem, especially if they're older, don't want it as bad as they think they do. The SE is a pretty decent jump internally with a near identical form factor and hits every mark.

Refurbished can be found for ~230, new for 300. Better if you're willing to hunt a little.

try this
support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659

2nd that try a SE, but also didn't some guy post a link where it's $100 on boost.

Anyone here have any experiance with the Huawei P9 Plus, if it's still worth getting in late 2017

just ordered the moto x4 last night. Its not perfect, but I think its the best thing out there that doesn't cost $1k

Just did it, clover is running a fuck of a lot better at the very least. Noticing less typing lag as well. Thanks user

I'm getting the Mi Mix 2. Good processor and hits my needs in nearly every aspect. Sadly no headphone jack, but I can live with that

not really as huawei's P10's are cheap as fuck right now

most phones just need the trash being taken out. it's worth doing just after every OTA.

>~460 united european state republics rupees
>cheap as fuck

What exactly are you looking for in a phone?

Rec me some 200-300$ phone that > can use for some years
> has average to great specs
> can be bought in Japan

I ve been using Samsung shitier phones and want some quality

well they are cheap in brexitland, try importing one before you have to pay import tax.

look at galaxy a3 as well, 4.7" screen, waterproof and overall better than j3

>2 years ago this month
>debating which phone to buy
>opt for Moto X Play
>everyone on the internet says "hurr durr, dats shit, le midrange, don't you want super duper high HD spex???" Suggest LG G4, Nexus 5X or Moto X Style/Pure instead
>...
>2 years later
>most LG G4s have bootloop by now
>every Moto X Style/Pure user is complaining about not even getting 2 hrs SOT
>most Nexus 5Xs are getting 2 hours SOT AND/OR have bootlooped
>...
>my Moto X Play still going strong, no problems, still get ~10 hours SOT if on wifi all day

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA >MUH SPEX FAGGOTS
MUH SUPER FAST BLAYZAN PROCESSORRRRRR!!!!!!!!111111
kek

iPhone SE

Is it true that full-charging the phone each night shortens the battery life?

I've been thinking about upgrading my OnePlus One recently, as its getting a bit slow and the battery's starting to die, but I honestly cant see what to upgrade to.

I just want something with reasonable power, a headphone jack, good battery life and something unique about it. I fell in love with the OPO on release because it was a flagship for half the price of most of its competitors, but now that OnePlus has abandoned that idea I dont know what else there is.
I might just end up getting the original pixel. It has a headphone jack at least.

why the fuck do you think anyone will give you a $200 code when they can basically get the 360 camera for free?
nice try pajeet

>tfw the first day of using my Pixel 2 at work only took it down to 52%
>tfw you can just leave the house without worrying about taking your charger with you

Is this the future?

Yes

Try the Mi Max 2.

5300 mAH battery and a 6.44" screen. Also, the build quality feels solid for a chinkphone.

Wow thats a big battery. Cheers lad

What's the word on the street for this new ZTE 2 screen foldable phone. This concept has always seemed interesting to me, and I wanted to know if there are any other phones like this, and the release date on this phone

And it has a headphone jack.

Okay so one minor detail about the Pixel 2 that bothers me so far: the first inch or so is glass, which makes it unnecessarily slippery when trying to get it out of my pocket.
It feel like a strange aesthetic choice that sacrificed some of the pragmatic design that otherwise makes the Pixel so fantastic.

>tfw no OPO that lasts me three years
phone for this feel?

>falling for the glass/metal meme
>falling for the naked phone meme
kek
plastic build + TPU case master race reporting in