Debian vs Arch Linux

Debian vs Arch Linux
Which one is better?
Go on and add off-topic answers if you must, like Gentoo (I installed Gentoo and it sucks)

>I installed gentoo and it sucks
Well, my friend, you fell for the meme.
Instead you should have installed Source Mage. Go ahead and do it. Halloween is perfect time to install Source Mage.

Debian because it's used by many universities around the world, as well as NASA. This means their reputation as a stable distribution is no joke, and you will be able to get your work done no problem.

Except that debian repositories are few years behind. That's the cost of stability.

you can use the testing branch. Is not so behind and not so unstable

Arch because AUR > gangbanging yourself with third party repos

This is the only realistic answer you will probably get in this thread so enjoy it

Install Gentoo again faggit

How old is your mother ?

28, why?

b&, c&, and v&

install arch

HOLY SHIT WHEN WILL THIS MEME END!?!?!?!!?!

Debian really needs to rename their repos so retards like you can understand. Maybe call stable "Debian Server", or "Debian Grandma". Call testing "Debian Desktop", or "Debian Workstation". And last, I guess just keep calling unstable unstable.
That way, you fucks will stop bitching about outdated packages, and realize that Debian has different branches with different levels of up-to-dateness.
FUCK

>this guy gets it
sup fellow /dev/

I find it hard to switch to other distros, mostly because of AUR, it's basically an extension to the normal repos

>and realize that Debian has different branches with different levels of up-to-dateness.
and there we have it folks, the retard outs himself, it's probably pretty safe to assume that outside of email, 4chin and your Micro$oft office suite, you don't use your computer for much do you?

That depends whats the use is for?

If you want something stable as fuck then Debian stable.

If you don't care about stability because muh faster updates then Arch.

For servers always Debian!

And if you want something in the middle then Debian testing.

#Install Gentoo

Who were you trying to reply to, user?

What you mean user?

Depends on how you define "betterness".
>stability?
Debian
>maturity?
Debian
>market share on actual production servers?
Debian
>number of architectures supported?
Debian
>community quality?
Debian
>development cycle?
Debian
>development guidelines and docs?
Debian
>respecting your freedom?
Debian
>financial stability of the project?
Debian
>project infrastructure (hosting servers, autobuild servers for different architectures)?
Debian
>security team?
Debian

Oh wait, it actually doesn't depend on how you define "betterness", the answer is Debian.

>community quality
>Debian
Fucking full of SJWs.

>respecting your freedom
Not really. Stable comes with Firefuck and other non-free shit.

I use BunsenLabs, based on stable. If it wasn't for the minimalist shit and Openbox right out of the box, I would've gone with Arch (or Antergos).
AUR makes Arch a viable option.

>Fucking full of SJWs.
I don't care if they're SJWs, nazi skinheads or Satan worshipers, as long as their collective Unix beard is longer than that of a bunch of autists "administering" Arch on ThinkPads in their parents' basements.

>Not really.
Yes, really. Debian is, has always been, and is committed to remain 100% free software. The non-free repo is not officially part of the Debian Project and is impossible to enable without consciously adding it to sources.list.

>I use BunsenLabs
Cool blog.

Go back on Fedora