Intel

>Intel

Seems like throwing money at the fabs isn't working as expected.

Other urls found in this thread:

intc.com/investor-relations/investor-education-and-news/investor-news/press-release-details/2017/Intel-Reports-Third-Quarter-2017-Results/default.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_fabrication_plants
semiengineering.com/china-fab-boom-or-bust/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meanwhile AMD's debt is at what, 1.7 billion?

Yea, but most small companies are lean and AMD is tiny compared to Intel

>q2 2019

Uh yeah, Icelake soon boys, just wait 2 years.

cannonpiss probably q2 2018 in no quantity, probably limited to 5W devices.

AMD is about the size of Nvidia in employee count, Intel is just fucking bloated for a company that has 90% revenue from x86

*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHA

This is intel's total assets, and long term debt.

HPM++++++ and GP++++++++++ in 2020

>ASUS
wut

Taiwanese dollar.

>q3 2019 for Icelake

Is Intel gonna sit for 2 years on fucking Coffeelake? Holy shit

>27,498 billion dollar debt?
Is that a typo?

Asus is swimming in that taiwanese dollar son.

Ye.
AMD will launch Zen2 earlier than Icelake because GloFo engineers are NOT A BUNCH OF FUCKING MORONS THAT THINK USING SAQP FOR METAL STACK IS OKAY.

It's still 11 billion usd

ANUS is pretty fucking big.

>muh 7nm
If their chips are already housefires.. Imagine what's gonna come next...
I'm not saying lowering the "architecture" is a bad thing, but it's a big jump and first generations in everything are gonna suck
Shit will be glorious.

Intel wishes.

D-debt is a sign of a h-healthy business

t. Analyst

>Chart says 24,043 "in billions" of long term debt
>Says total debt 25,283 "in millions" for 2016 long term debt.

I'm just looking at big boy sites like cnbc and nasdaq for Intel's ER and they're not even mentioning debt, holy shit.

intc.com/investor-relations/investor-education-and-news/investor-news/press-release-details/2017/Intel-Reports-Third-Quarter-2017-Results/default.aspx

search "debt" : 27,498

wikiinvest says
>21.78 billion in long term debt
I'm going to guess, and say wiki invest is probably the most accurate

>Q1 2016

It's 27 billion, it's on Intel's own site.

>Repaying debt
Stop this meme. You never ever have to repay debt. You only need to be able to afford the interest

Interest for close to 30 billion USD must be pretty impressive.

Thinking you need to repay debt
>how quaint

op's chart has intel at 24,043 billion usd for 2016 though, and that seemed quite high.
That seemed quite high

MID-H1 2018
FOR
FUCKING
RISK
PRODUCTION
what the fuck Intel

>Hero

Oh BK will need a hero all right

What caused this sudden jump in debt? What did they acquire?

Was that Altera? I think Mobileye came later

Altera.

$27.5 billion dolleridoos. What the fuck are they working on? That's more than a lot of countries gdp.

They bought out worthless companies and their fabs are a money black hole

Yeah, Intel is fucked

>What the fuck are they working on?
They are trying to diversify their portfolio.
You see, Intel can't into GPUs, and there's no GPU vendors left to buy.
So they bought Altera and Nervana.
Altera is actually okay, it's just FPGAs are niche.

The record revenue is achieved by beancounters aggresively cutting costs.

>+10% performance
Tbh, this doesn't look impressive. Or is this compared to previous 10 process

>bigger is better

vs 1st gen 10nm
Doesn't actually mean much when 1st gen 10nm is lower performance than 14nm++

They have bought back so many shares, it's not even funny. Dividend yield is great, and will get better.

>Or is this compared to previous 10 process
This.
And what did you expect?
Intel has no IBM sugar daddy to shit out HP nodes for fun.

Looking at the historical charts it just looks like the bigger intel gets the more they spend, but it's always at around 1/4 total debt to total asset.

Reminder. If Intel crashes, US is done for.

US's ONLY advantage over China is its semi-conductor industry.

They always had a pretty low pe ratio, that will probably change, because Intel is changing their business model also

>US's ONLY advantage over China is its semi-conductor industry.
But China fucking sucks at semicon, it's all taiwanese (TSMC) or gooks (Samsung).

If Intel crashes, they China can catch up and overtake the lead. Actually I said this wrong. China is already catching up despite sucking. Intel crashing simply speeds up their R/D as it will force them to rely on homegrown growth trajectory instead of reliance on Intel.

Looking at intel's debt, total assets, and profits just makes me realize how insignificant my life is.
Fugg this thread hurts so goddamn much man.

>they China can catch up and overtake the lead
How?
If Intel crashes everyone decent will be picked up by AMD/ARM/nVidia/Qualcomm/anyone besides chinks.
>China is already catching up despite sucking
How?
Licesing ARM is not "catching up".

No sweetie, that's just one piece of the pie. Revenue was also up 15% in the data center.

>No sweetie, that's just one piece of the pie.
The biggest one.
>Revenue was also up 15% in the data center.
Oh, how nice.
Q1/Q2 2018 will be twice as silly then.

China doesn't have a semiconductor industry. Intel's not even a serious competitor, it services are like 80% in-house and the rest is niche production. Samsung and TSMC are the giants and they're not making room for up and comers

Meanwhile I'm still sitting pretty with my 2500k that runs everything just fine and you dweebs sit here all day arguing over benchmarks like we're back in 2004 pretending were actually making useful gains. MUH 3% HIGHER FPS, MUH HEPTACORE HYPER TURBO JIGSAW THREADED CPU, MUH XxXThREADR|PPAXxX W/ MUH PRE ASSEMBLED NEWEGG WATER LOOP FOR MUH XTRA LOW TEMPS

You all sicken me.

Until the norks start ww3 and rocket man conquers the South.

Things that will never happen: the post.

Pretty sure samsung's top of the line fabs are in upstate New York.

Calm down threadlet

>Sour grapes: the post

That's GloFo's Fab8.

They'll grow real quick. In ~5 years, their economy will double, their military will increase in size accordingly. And Taiwan will fall to PRC pressure.

Taiwan houses ~20% of world's fabs. US ~15. China ~10%. It will change for sure as the Chinese are investing heavily into artificial intelligence department.

>They'll grow real quick.
Not gonna happen.
>into artificial intelligence department.
You mean meme learning?
Applied statistics is ages old.

>Not gonna happen.
It already happened multiple times.

From 2000-2016, their economy increased 5 times. Doubling every ~5(+-1) years.

Regardless of your feelings.

>From 2000-2016, their economy increased 5 times. Doubling every ~5(+-1) years.
They won't allow chinks to create semicon industry.
It doesn't exist in china.

Their semi-conductor industry has been growing at ~10-15% every year.

This means they'll double every 4-5 years. 10% now means 20% in 5 years. Meanwhile US/Japan is shrinking.

>Meanwhile US/Japan is shrinking.
US semicon? Shrinking?
What the fuck.

US is already developed. China is STILL a developing country and already investing itself into the world economy by developing their Road/Belt initiatives. Unless US does something to counter that, TPP for example was good start but a weak one, US will not be able to compete with China at all in 5 years.

>China is STILL a developing country
And how will that make them shit out fabs to compete against TSMC, Intel, Samsung or GloFo (and their sugar daddy)?
Developing bleeding edge nodes is hilariosly expensive, even more so with EUV insertion.

*inhales*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

China doesn't have issues with money, they have issues with personnel.

Cyber espionage? Once they have the basic blue print, they can churn out million copies. With enough practice, they can learn how to do better.

This is the "meme learning" at work. They have tow two most powerful super computers in the world right now, #1 and #2 to help them.

Baidu/Tencent/etc have offshore companies in Silicon Valley/others. They can attract talents from within the US industry and funnel it in China.

>Cyber espionage?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>Once they have the basic blue print
So you ARE fucking clueless. gb2 Sup Forums please.
>This is the "meme learning" at work.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>They have tow two most powerful super computers in the world right now, #1 and #2 to help them.
How the fuck FP64 crunchers will help them do meme learning?
Holy fucking fuck Sup Forumstards are truly clueless.

>threadlet

>China doesn't have a semiconductor industry.
They do but it's mostly clones and licensed shit

That are fabbed at TSMC.
What an industry.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_fabrication_plants

They have quite a few from the wiki list.

>semiengineering.com/china-fab-boom-or-bust/
However China is ramping up their fabs production. They're on set to double every 3-4 years from the looks of it.

It's mostly others expanding into China.
The shekels still flow to TSMC/Samsung/Intel/GloFo.

It's actually the chink government trying to play catch up to the West, SMIC had projected a 14nm node for 2020, and hoped to do risk production by early next year

>14nm node by 2020
This is *inhales* material.
GloFo/Samsung will be launching PDKs for 5GAAFETS then.

They're skipping a node, and it's quite a big jump considering their leading process was 28nm

Samsung also skipped 20 planar. TSMC only had 20 planar for SoC trash thus shitting so fucking hard on AMDs roadmap it's almost unbelievable.

>revenue
>costs
do you know how this shit works

You can't expand into China without giving away your trade secrets. Thats how China works.

So in short term they may win some Chinese consumers, but long term(10-20 years), this is a deathknell for them. Every non-Chinese business that tried to implant itself in China has lost all of their edge due to loss of intellectual property.

some parts of the world use the comma instead of a decimal point.

>I'm going to guess, and say wiki invest is probably the most accurate
Dude, this stuff is in the quarterly reports, it'S not going to be more accurate that that.

>wiki
be more careful with your money

>some parts of the world use the comma instead of a decimal point.
Well that's fucking dumb. They should use the standards of the nation issuing the currency. There would be less confusion.

And Intel is at 27,498bn what's your point?

I Believe after some shit amd did its under 1 billion now.

they are only sitting on coffee lake for two years because of the massive paper launch.

it would only be a year and a half ish if they didnt do that.

first gen 10nm is lower performance than all 14nm revisions, and damn near equal to 14nm itself.

don't undersell how low intels own expectations for the process is.

wtf how does amd manage to compete? because intel needs a competitor to not get called a monopoly?

where's the source for this chart

fpga company was their most recent acquisition, not a bad move, but 16-17 billion dollars.

>>Cyber espionage?
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
You're shitting me right? China is the #1 cyber attack actor in the world and successfully penetrates us on the regular. Congress has been making reports about this for years.

Again, Brainlets on Sup Forums don't understand debt and it's use in strategic business moves

>rack up debt while keeping net profit similar
>"strategic move"

t. Greece

AMD's current total assets is 5.224 billion
Intels current total assets is 127.09 billion

Kinda annoying that AMD went up 2-3 billion whilst Intels went up by 15 since that report.

Ignore my previous post I misread.

AMD's current quarterly total assets is at 3.586B vs. Intels 127.09B

AMD don't stand a chance.