Too good to be true

Sup Sup Forums
I'm having trouble keeping this stable. I can get each up to 2000h on cryptonight (a beast), but they are unstable as fuck.
It's a pain in the ass to switch all the memory options to the max, I have to try like 100 times before it applies. Mine has 5x units. I get the core clock to -30%, memory at 1050, power -30% and it's on windows.
Is it a ram problem? I heard somewhere they use a lot, so i'm going to try 16gb.

Any user has experience with these? Would appreciate some insight

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/xmr?HashingPower=12000&HashingUnit=H/s&PowerConsumption=1000&CostPerkWh=0.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kys fucking miner scum

are you one of those poorfag commies?
or you like playing children games?
Eww

Do you actually make money??? What's your daily pull, and your initial cost for everything

No, I invested 5k to not make money!

Obviously if you're still trying to mine nowdays.

*to make less than what I spend for the electric bill

>mining
>late 2017
oh, you

Is it even possible to mine and make a profit these days? like the initial investment would be at least 20k id imagine, and you'd need to run it for a while on cheap electricity (where) for ages.

>randomly decide it's gonna be stable at 70% power with 70% clock
>complain when it's not stable
WTF you doing. Do you have any idea of the methodology of overclocking? Same applies to undervolting.
In short:
1. First you find a failsafe setting that's stable (usually default unless your instability comes from thermals then you might want to lower everything until you stumble upon a stable setting)
2. Then you try to find highest clocks for given power on which it's still stable (overclocking) or lowest voltage on which current clocks are still stable (undervolting).
3. Then you increment power (overclocking) or decrement clocks (undervolting) and go back to step 2 until you reach desirable effects or reach a point where diminishing returns ruin all the point of going further.

To me it seems you just slapped a random -30% here and there, tweaked the memory and expect it to be stable.
The fuck are you doing son.

It's a long process if you want to maximize potential, if not then just do step 1 (go back to default clocks/power, unless it's still unstable then lower clocks AND NOT POWER until it's stable) and be done with it but you'll be losing out.

I'll be still here for a while if you have any questions, also to me it seems like this belongs in /sqt/ but w/e.

No wonder it's unstable, you seem to be missing all the cabling.

>spending 5k on 5 GPUs
on behalf of all gaymers, fuck you

If you invested 5k on bitcoin 1 month ago you would have 1200$ now, money you will see from mining in several months

ah you retard OP, mining nowadays haha good luck not turning profit over like ever.

>all the assmad brainlets here

Maybe if you do some research next time

cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/xmr?HashingPower=12000&HashingUnit=H/s&PowerConsumption=1000&CostPerkWh=0.1

That's on a bad month, price goes up, I make more

only a fucking idiot would hold onto mnr

>only forced privacy coin
>a bad idea
Another brainlet

>my Uptime
>40 days +
>your Uptime
>2 minutes

Who's the real brainet here?

That calculation is not that difficult.
First you should find the profitability of your hardware. how much bitmoneys do you make per kwh and how much does your electricity cost. Then, you should see what the price of hardware is. If you, say, invest 5k$ in hardware that's out of date in 2 years. (by then it's not profitable to have them consuming electricity.) and you know that the residual value is somewhere around 500$. maybe 1k$. you know you need to earn 4k$ in 2 years. at 2 years you hardly earn more than the price of electricity so you'd probably want to start earning double the average needed to break even. That's a current earning rate of 4k$/yr. or 11$/day. (mind you, with an interest rate of 3.7% you'd earn around 0.50$/day if you'd just put 5k in the bank).
Now i have no idea how much profit you'd make on a 5k$ machine if you'd take into account the cost of electricity, and i have no idea if you can manage to be profitable for 2 years. (with at least linearity to 0 profitability).
but if you can, it might be a sound investment.

i truly hope you did do some better calculations yourself.
Like how much power do you ACTUALLY consume. What is the real price of electricity.
How did the profitability per Mhash develop over the last months/years?

Remeber to sage and report cryptocuck threads. They have a whole containment board for this.

You're just mad they're getting paid to do nothing

>undervolts the fuck out of his gpus
>wonders why its unstable
the absolute state of miners

this lol

It mines eth at 44mh stable with these undervolts.
Monero just uses a shit load of ram for some reason

Those are my actual values, I measured the output

Clearly at least for OP it's a bit more involved than just getting paid for doing nothing. Besides, sources of easy money have a tendency to dry out when the masses discover them.

Install Linux.

Also, some people here really hate mining, why would you hate free money?

Dont tell me you are jelly anons

i dont hate miners but theyre really annoying and often odd people. i have to deal with a few a week and almost all of them try to buy cards past their even though we have a limit per customer.

Lel git fucked skrub

Switched to eth for now though. But monero is still king of vegas

>It mines eth at 44mh stable with these undervolts.
The only logical conclusion is that eth doesn't utilize chip pathways that are unstable on your current undervolt.

That doesn't make it stable. It makes it conditionally stable (as long as you don't do x it's stable).
The goal of stability is to make this "x" as small as possible, ideally an empty set.

So while it may be stable at mining eth, it's not stable in general.

is vega mining good?

Is this the actual answer?

>facilitate drug trade and money laundering
>wasting untold amounts of energy
>driving prices of PC hardware
>"w-why do you hate us ;_;?"

>being a moralfag
>on Sup Forums

and anyone can get into it
there are much worse people who put up paywalls to keep poor people out of their niche. go have your peasant revolt on wall street and in washington

>getting this late into the game
>with fucking Vegas nonetheless

No son, you're the one who's gonna get fucked. Really hard.

I reach roi within a month of building my rig by reselling rx580s alone. A month later I mined signatum for only a week and bought myself a new civic hatchback.

I've reached roi a hundred times over. I still haven't updated the new blockchain drivers to fix my hashrate because I don't give a fuck anymore. My rigs just work and it's making me free money.

>butt coin mining

retard and that open chassis is retarded too

can that run cs:go

In the game for too long son
Holding 200eth and 21 btc

vegas are the best miners atm
>inb4 p106
Good luck reselling that steaming shit