Ur setup

ITT we post our linux setup

bonus : what is the best linux setup and why is it Ubuntu + gnome ?

idk dude I tried to use Ubuntu because I legit like Unity but it always shits the bed after a couple months for some reason
fucking hate straight GNOME

GNOME can be modifed to look dope. Personally like the OSX theme.
>it always shits the bed after a couple months
always go for LTS versions of Ubuntu. I personally never had any problems and its pretty stable

feels good
don't think I'll be switching from ubuntu soon
I like stuff that "JUST WERKS"

i like this one a lot desu

Fuck off scriptie kid

-w-

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

just a xfce panel with what I use the most.

>simple
>programs I use most are 1 click away
>hides when a program is fullscreen
>0 px wasted on screen

so comfy

i like xfce

6/10
Use dash to dock

5/10

8/10
Nice color scheme

7/10 for effort

5/10

4/10
Gross

8/10
Nice and flat, not annoying

Are you virtual machining codelite?

whats best for me? I program in C++, do arduino shit, and am getting into cyber security for work. Needing a linux distro that can do the above while looking good. I was thinking arch linux but someone should try and sway me off

>whats best for me?
We can't answer that you mong. Try shit out and see what you like best.

I have been trying linux mint lately and i think it looks nice but idk, something about me feels like it isnt secure or private enough

>nobody running a GOOD window manager
I run window maker myself but I dont have a screenshot handly.

>>nobody running a GOOD window manager
>I run window maker

What is 'window maker'? Genuine question

Look it up, neofag. Don't expect people to spoonfeed you.

You have shit taste and do you think anyone cares for your shit opinions? Egotard, Plox filter your cringeworthy posts out of shame

wallpaper please

Xubuntu is still viable

I've never been able to get Xubuntu to work without screen tearing. Got a fix for that, or did you just decide to live with it?

All window maker environments look like pure garbage except for Etoile

> screen tearing
I thought that this meme had died long ago

Nope, still very real.

I never had that issue on my machine

>Etolle
>Window Maker Enviroments
There is one Window Maker. Perhaps your confusing Window Maker with something else?

Many people don't realize that GNUSTEP is themable. Seeing the clusterfuck that is GTK and QT, GNUSTEP seems like a best choice in my opnion. Apple means its a lot more mature than other toolkits and widgets.

most drivers have a vsync option, proprietary gpu ones certainly do

>xubuntu
Yeah, XFCE's Window Manager is based off of FVWM (what Window Maker is based off of) and it was designed for lower resoltion displays. It will work better when they finally release a new version (devs on 2 year vacation) but until then just do this:
apt install compton
Enjoy, compton is a stand-alone compositor. You can disable the built-in compositing from xfce's settings and set compton to autostart instead.

Nah I don't really use an IDE. The VM kinda IS the IDE. It's sublime text with a theme, and I use a docker-based workflow. The app that's visible is python/flask. Also running dreampie for ironing out some logic

Try antergos with gnome and dash to dock

Did you get the 4/10?

don't reply to my posts

Why not?

I got the 4/10, not him. I don't care much, I like my setup.

It got that rating because of the color scheme and transparency, and the wallpaper.