/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY: In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Website repo: github.com/odilitime/netrunner-website

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.
FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Yeah nice, it will come wil gtorrent implemented?
Nice logo

fuck off
dont listen to this normie

This logo is fucking cool

Nice logo
Don't forget to become a patreon and give this turd with stolen code some BTC

download link is down
gui on windows looks terrible

They use the discord more than IRC? Just realize they do.

So what are the latest progress updates?

The Discord's dead af too though, but the IRC has a Discord bridge though, so I don't think it'd be necessary to use a botnet

Discord bridge was down though.

The logo in the OP

what happened to the moonman logo?

Check the git

One of the people deving on this right now. A lot of work is going into the js parser atm. css is coming up next I think.

Threadly reminder that Netrunner is an ANSI telnet client.

>js parser
I get that you want to do a custom render engine but why not embed Duktape/Spidermonkey/V8, at least for now?

tbf yesterday the logo was shit but this one is rad

I too enjoy this logo. Is anything substantial actually happening though?

>hey guys we're reinventing the wheel
Didn't think so.

dunno, I haven't really followed the thread this month. I hope it's going well though because there's pretty much all the addons I use in the todo-list. Seems like an awful load of work

I'm not saying you're lying but I'm too lazy to check any of the repos or the IRC myself so I'll just say you're lying. Like a month ago the HTML parser was barely working at all for static text content, has this really gotten to JS already?

If so, then amazing.

>written in C++

dropped

>has this really gotten to JS already
If you would've checked the repos then yes, the HTML parser did make some progress though but eh, it still looks kinda unusable

so happy to see some love for duktape - i've used it in so many projects and it's an absolute delight to work with

what language would you prefer?

What's wrong with C?

javascript using the Electron framework

stolen code?

From last thread:

Progress on our JavaScript engine continues. The parser is built. Working on building the variable storage system, flushing out parser bugs and writing out the executor. It can understand simple assignments (var a=1), You can press "v" to a get dump of all variables and values. I'm working on more complex expressions now (usually get choked up in parsing them). Function calls will be next and then I'll move on conditionals/loops.

Also just tried start development on a JS console window, so I can get more of a REPL going but looks like the last refactor may have broken somethings in the multiple window system (either that or I forget how I'm supposed to hard code components. So nice having all the UI load from a theme file now).

It's themeable, make a new theme

They're usually connected

Yes discord and IRC are dead, there's not much to say. If you have questions asks them. Otherwise we're not going to continuous babble about the minutiae of our lives.

Also a linux distro

We planned to support Duktape and others but they will be options. I still want our own internal JS engine to minimize our dependencies for embedding in other projects, as that's a project goal.

>actually happening though
yes

>hey guys we're reinventing the wheel
Yes we are reinventing wheel but for a good reason. See above.

wut?

Things are progressing.

The text parsing is p. solid now. I'd love to hear any bugs people find with it.

How so?

For a security-critical application like a web browser, either C or Ada so that you can leverage tools for formal code specification and static verification like Frama-C or Ada/SPARK.

Oh amazing. I'm actually really impressed at how this is going. I always had high hopes but tried to temper my expectations due to the sheer expected scale of the project, but you guys are doing amazing work so far.

t. js-sceptic

>c for formal specification
>c++ has no static verification tools
I wouldn't classify a web browser like Netrunner security critical. It doesn't run as root and it's not serving anything.

Valgrind/AFL Fuzz do a pretty good job.

?

I am terrible at web programming, don't know much about how the internet works, respect myself not to make a shitty logo in the hopes it'll get picked, and have no money. How can I help?

1. Testing, use it, find bugs.
2. Make themes
3. Help get the word out: make screenshots or videos. Post on social networks about the project. Get people to check it out

then it would just be Chrome

This

>/ntr/
nice abbreviation

Reminder to focus on the browser and not the logo

Huh, you guy's are still working on it, I expected it to be dead in a week, month at max, in the OP you should put a list of implemented features (so far) and talk about what is going on in the second post, god speed Anons

This

God bless you guys ;_;

Will do

This. Rust is the future.

>to minimize our dependencies
You do know Duktape is one C file and one or two headers, right?

How much memory this takes per tab?

Changes all the time. Plus it depends what the tab has loaded in it. I really want this to be efficient. Also I'm trying to think of ways were we can limit a pages memory use.

I believe in you anons!

Nice, real nice, FF is a memory hog but is the only that open more than 3 tabs without clogging. Good luck!

Not to mention fully verifying a browser would be extremely hard, if not impossible with current tools. Want to use lock-free structures? Too bad there's just DLMG, Mitch, Treiber not to mention the only verified *implementations* are java, because thread-modular analysis is pita with explicitly managed memory.

>g is making a browser
>opens up WYSIWYG IDE and starts dragging and dropping premade components

So why can't I download the windows version?

>that pic
I like where this is going.