I'm a free software autist, but I still like gaymes

I'm a free software autist, but I still like gaymes.

Should I stop to play gaymes and completely uncuck myself or just keep one Winblows PC that is only used for gayming while I do my other work on my librebooted thinkpads?

Why would you ask anyone this question? Just do what you want.

Don't stop games because you must. Stop it because you don't like it anymore or you will fall back like junkies

I am only gaming on gnu/linux now. If I can't run the game on it then I don't play it all.
Luckily more and more games work on linux both natively and through wine.
You still use non-free software obviosly but it's a step in the right direction.

I think you should build PCs for their purpose: build a desktop for Unix, and build a desktop for Windows 10 with all the spyware enabled, and you'll only use Windows for gaming.

Why not just play native Linux games on steam? There is plenty of good ones.

/thread

>Why not just play native Linux games on steam? There is plenty of good ones.
I have tested it and gaming on GNU/Linux is really great but some games don't work on GNU/Linux.

start to play games that you can play on Linux, like Dota 2

>start to play games that you can play on Linux, like Dota 2
It's not only about the possibility to run those games under GNU/Linux but also that I don't want to run any proprietary software(including games).

Games are a waste of time. Rather educate yourself, go pick up some chemistry textbook. Learn some programming language. You can get it online for free. What are you waiting? Self-improvement awaits.

He says, while browsing Sup Forums.

>some games don't work on GNU/Linux
Don't play those games then
Life will go on

i'm here only for Sup Forums, /sci/ and /biz/.

sure bud, we all know you're actually here for /d/, /hc/, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums.

What if the games I like don't run natively, and those that do are games I don't care about much? My games pretty much all depend on Wine.

If I'd build a desktop with Windows for gaming I'd still not put Windows 10 on it.

Look into GPU passthrough. Basically you give a Windows VM a GPU so that it gets full graphical performance, that way all the proprietary software is trapped in a VM.

Don't be so picky

Can't be helped

Buy yourself a console, pcs aren't mean for playing.

Consoles and PCs are the same shit these days.

I built a gaming PC last black friday and I honestly never use it. $1100 dollars wasted. Don't get a windows PC

>Games are a waste of time
+1
I literally dropped out of university because of my game addiction. I wasted a lot of time. Im back at school now, getting my shit together. All I play these days is nethack but I probably shouldnt even be playing that.

So the answer to your question should be contingent on another question, and be honest with yourself: Do you have game addiction?

Stop projecting yourself on others.

no

Just dual boot binbows 7 (with disabled updates) for the games. If the game doesn't have a linux version, use your binbows partition.

Get a console, it'll make your life better by setting boundaries between your PC for work and social media and the console for gaming.

Considering a lot of developers are looking towards Vulkan over DX12, even if they don't take the time to port games to Linux, it will be fairly easy to run using WINE than anything made with DX12. So gaming on Linux has a fairly bright future.

>All I play these days is nethack but I probably shouldnt even be playing that.
>Do you have game addiction?
I played NetHack for roughly 3000 hours but I don't regret it.

this
Wendell on leve1linux has done some great vidoes on the topic also checkout the /r/VFIO subbreddit for supported hardware

/rlg/ represent

It's a hell of an exercise to get it working on qemu. One thing I realised was that you need at least a 6 core CPU for this, because at least 4 cores should be made exclusive to the winshit vm for least performance loss.

While a VM will offer you better security while playing gaymes, there's the amount of screwing around, the still rather experimental nature of qemu, and the need to buy parts that allow you to run one and a quarter of a typical windows 10 requirement (because you want to make sure your linux host OS wont steal performance).

For now I just dual boot and keep all my work off of the botnet OS. Helps with compat, easier to set up, better for poorfags. If you set up your partitions right, your windows install will never even see any of your linux stuff.