Linux is the future of gaming

>Linux is the future of gaming

What does this prove?

Pray tell

linux gaming will never be a thing as long as nvidia keeps their proprietary walled garden. even linus torvalds ranted about them, it's been many years now and they didn't listen, they will never support linux as much as windows.

>playing gaymes

>vidya
You need to be 18 or older to post here.

really makes you chink

When I'm not coding I'm drawing and when I'm not doing either of those I'm unwinding by watching something on Netflix before bed.

I don't have time to waste on games.

> windows xp 32-bit has almost as much market share as Linux
xD

It plays teh games I want to play.

For everything else there is piracy and pci passthrough. Who gives a shit?

>Windows 7 +6.00%
People seem to really get tired of 10's shit.

>%

Come back to me with raw numbers. Proportions are totally off because chinks are making hundreds of thousands of trash Steam accounts to play PUBG and get banned.

>Steam has around 100 million users
>600K of them are gaming on Linux-powered computers

>most popular graphics card on linux
>intel hd graphics 4000
thinkfags playing dota and shitty indie games is where linux gaming is at.

When will gayming threads be considered a bannable offense?
>muh GPU
>muh bottleneck
>muh 4k monitor
>muh windows
All cancer

Given the fact that countries like china want to crack down with censorship it's no surprise more are turning to linux to try to beat the firewalls.

>Windows 7 is growing and Windows 10 is shrinking.
Lol

>beat firewalls
>with linux
i don't think that's how firewalls work desu

Honestly I'm mostly surprised there are still people who develop for macOS but not Linux (or at least Ubuntu). The line to be crossed to close the gap seems very thin and it's not like it's that small of a market compared to Apple gamers

Actually Linux is only consistent if used in English, try another language and i guarantee you'll end up with some package/option/something translated like shit or untranslated.

Well whatever their gov does for spying on people. Integrated OS stuff ? Fuck if I know I'm not from China.

>being a gaymer

>playing video games
get a job

>video games
top lel

As long as Linux ignores dpi of my mouse I refuse to use it let alone play on it.

>Implying your time is valuable

>using the filename smiley with the carat nose

>video games
>2017

Nobody uses your shitty OS

UWP only Windows will be fun on Steam.

HAHA LOONIX BTFO

>Gaming on a Mac

Not even a 3570k running dota with it's integrated graphics (intel HD 4000) can run dota 2 properly even on low settings nowadays. Nice try tho.

windows 10 is fucking garbage adware

lmao who the fuck said that

and this is coming from the guy at the bottom of the list running mint

gabe newell when he shit out a fucking HTPC linux skin for steam and called it a dedicated gaming OS

instead of finishing halflife like a real person

kek yeah most desktop distros are just rebranded Debian. He problably said that because its open source and if his shit runs on that he can charge you for it just like with all of the consoles.

>instead of finishing halflife like a real person
They're never going to finish it, they abandoned it on purpose

fuck valve, fuck steam, and mother fuck gabe "shit in a bag" newell

>spend years on a new big game project
>Windows 10 S makes running Steam impossible

HL3 or other large game projects don't make sense for Valve until gaming on GNU/Linux is mature. If they had focused on it earlier, even as a Linux exclusive users would have switched, played it, and then switched back.

They don't put the game out because they don't have the talent anymore, that's why they just do dota and summer sales. steam is just a store and will be replaced eventually.

valve has nothing unique anymore, their power is the library. meh.

Valve operates like a movie production company. Right now they're working on their infrastructure so they hire a bunch of Linux devs.
When they go to work on games, they'll hire a bunch of game devs. We've seen cases before where they've hired whole teams who were working on mods, or even a whole studio.

But yeah, Valve runs a Store and their game library exists to get people into their ecosystem just like with consoles.
Stuff that threatens that store represents an existential threat to the company so obviously right now they're not going to spend a ton of money making Windows games.

For me it's the present of gaming so you steam statistics are irrelevant to me

They've already ported the bulk of their catalog, if they could have made the game good it would have been out by now. valve sucks now and that's why they are not releasing anything.

they use steam as a cash delievery system to gabe's local bulk lard and retard pill factory because that's all he cared about.

we'll probably find out in a decade he was a fag rapist as well

Why should I give a damn about toys?

you shouldn't, its a complaining thread for complainers, go be smart somewhere else. there's a rick and morty thread on b

With upcoming next-gen computing and Windows 10 shortcomings signals that 2018 is the year of the Linux Desktop

i use linux daily as a desktop at work an on a secondary computer at home and it's just not there yet, there's still lots of... unclean... drawing/rendering and support holes.

it would be there if people had proper general education in how and why computers work and could accept occasional figuring out but people need spoon feeding with computers.

that said windows 10 is dogshit. the pc is dead. long live the pc.

They only cancelled it because Gordon's voice actor died

>what is AMD

Freetards trying to justify the unjustifiable.

>gabe is raping sexy twinks and gets mounts of fresh innocent virgin boipucci
mmmmm

PUBG stronk in china

xinput doesn't work with wine so i cant use my controller to play cuphead

Microsoft (Windows) contribution to gaming = PLENTY so many things to list
Linux contribution to gaming = Literally nothing, 0
Why is anyone surprised?

then why are you in this thread?

Another change like this, and Windows 7 takes the lead.

Nice.

>what is wine

Why would they? Why the fuck would they double their driver development cost when currently their drivers work for 95% of users and if they double their dev costs and make linux release then they will gain whooping extra like 3-4% of users
Not worth it in the slightest
Anyone who is cereal about linux gaming will use gpu passthrough anyway

Thats amazing, my computer is 9 years old and i can still run gta 5 reasonably at low settings, how poor must someone be to have a pong era gpu like that
>b-but user it's noteb-
how retarded must someone be to game on notebooks

Your forgot also the shitfest thats linux handling of graphics.

This survey never showed up for me and I hear it crashes for many people so it's not exactly representative.

@frog here. I've been using Linux for years and never had a problem when using it as a normy would (desktop and gui programs). Only English stuff you'll get is when using some terminal program normies will never use

>Linux contribution to gaming = Literally nothing, 0
The successful "Diablo" series is based on the *nix open source game NetHack.
Diablo = NetHack for dummies

Try Wine-Staging

they won't gain anything as 99% of these "gains" is win users shifting

Which is categorically false, if you consider any market which is not "home computing" Linux absolutely dominates that market.

I'm using Polish translation on antregos for almost 2 years. I'v never had any problems.

GPU servers my dude.

>future