Memory Foam

what do you think of memory foam technology?

Do you have memory foam in your desk chair, mattress, or pillow?

I have it in my shoes.

There's a foam layer (dunno if it's memory foam but whatever) on the mattress I've had almost a year now so I never have to feel the stupid ass springs compared to my old bed which turned into such awful shit over time. BTW Mattress firm is like the Starbucks of mattress stores I went to one and there's like 500 of them near the one you went to. I like the mattress but god damn...

Enjoy your cancer from the foam outgassing

I have an air mattress in the middle of an empty room
never slept better

It's not freaking asbestos.

I shoes I really like it
In pillows and beds it's good but no dealbreaker

love my memory foam pillow desu

its shit

>tfw fell for the 16 GB mattress meme

I can't sleep comfortably on memory foam. Don't know if it's something inherent to the memory foam, or if it's just because I'm not used to it after decades of using spring mattresses. Either way, I never have a good experience on it.

It definitely feels nice in a "haha wow I'm sinking into it and it's so soft" way, but once that passes it's just neck pain and tossing and turning

It's shit for beds
Gets too soft and eventually fucks up ur back.
Ask me how I know.

i bought a 8 centimeter thick one, been really happy with it

it's really best as a pad over a spring mattress, but yeah the back support is not great even then.

You're a fat ass with a drug abuse problem?

FOAAM!

Probably better than a waterbed.
An old classmate of mine had a waterbed and that thing moved around constantly.
I can't fathom how anyone would wanna sleep on that.

How do you know that?

My bed is gel on memory foam on some mattress stuff
only about $360 for a queen size and more comfortable than any spring mattress i've slept on
not as good as tempur pedic though, but close

I'm a chemical engineer who works at a
polyethylene plant AMA.

Bonus: gorilla glue is a byproduct of making memory foam.

I sleep on the floor, but I have a memory foam pillow. I love it. It's very dense. I used two pillows when I was younger, but it's fine just having this one.

What is the superior mattress?

Do the gorilla glue and memory foam makers have the same owner?

memory foam is garbage to sleep on, i hate the sinking feeling you get from laying on one of those mattresses

you guys should look into talalay latex or energex layers that go above a polyurethane base layer, way more responsive than Memeory foam

Thanks

So, is memory foam actually harmful or is it just fear mongering?

I want non-memory foam. Why would I want a giant dent in my chair the shape of my ass? I want soft cushiony foam that returns to its original shape even after I've been sitting on it for years.

I'm 6ft 4in tall at 202lbs and was a track athlete, so not fat.
And my work runs a drug screen on every employee every 3 months.

Because I owned one.

Topkek

I don't feel any difference when used in shoes or pillows and I can't use a memory foam mattress or else I wake up with such excruciating back pain.

Seeing how fast it wears down in shoes, I dunno.

I was fucking a girl who had one of these, they're not too bad.

Sleeping pro here, I bought into the memory foam meme early (15 years ago) and think it's literally the best thing ever. Sleeping on other beds now is awful. Another tip, get some of those buckwheat pillows, they keep your head cool at night in the summer and nicely warm in the winter, it's magic.

t. extremely comfy user

headphone earpads here

That was a horrible video. I tried watching it on 2 separate occasions and only managed to get through it on the third.

Latex pillows, Purple mattress. Dunno if you would count either as memory foam.

I have it in my hiking shoes, walked around in them all day for my 10 day iceland-trip without my feet starting to hurt. Breddy gud for someone who sits in front of a pc for 12h+ a day

its shit and offers zero support

even if you do sleep in the same position each and every night its not supporting your body properly

i had a 1000 dollar memory foam bed and eventually could feel it fucking up up my lower legs/knees an down because the elevation differences

it would essentially lock my knees if i laid on my back

if i laid on my sides i could feel it putting pressure on my vertical ligaments

and so i eventually had to just sleep on my stomach so that the bend would cause my legs to bend backwards rather than lock the knees

then i quickly traded it for a standard ass mattress that provides support no matter which position im in

pressure points are a meme, you can much easier fix an issue in your spine or neck on a harder mattress than you can with foam, because as you sleep the muscles will relax but because your body stays still, the discs can slip back into place

this, the best option would be a recliner system where the hard foam is on top of a spring system which is the opposite of traditional mattresses which incorporate those 2 into the same and its not comfy

meanwhile a recliner never goes "flat" because its usually rated 2x even a fat asses weight and the springs take the pressure off the mattress

a spring-cot with a bedsized cushion (not a mattress) would be the best option

Literally a botnet

I don't trust memory foam and adapting mattresses. It's nice and all that it tries to adapt to support my body's shape, but what if I just decide to sit down on the edge of my bed to tie my shoes or something? Would that make the mattress droop on that side? What if I turn and sleep on my side and on my back? Will I have a dent where I put pressure on my side when I sleep on my back?
These are too many questions I'm not willing to pay for to answer.

couple of years ago a mattress that didn't stay mattress-shaped was a shitty mattress
now it's (((technology)))

wow shocking answer

Isn't everyone on Sup Forums 6 foot 4, 220 pounds, and a former track athlete?

kek

The fuck is a latex pillow

Is it like a big rubber blob? That sounds horrible.