>Level3
>Norton
>Comodo
>DNS.WATCH

Installed Pi-hole.
Which is best upstream DNS server?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv
networkworld.com/article/3194890/internet/comparing-the-performance-of-popular-public-dns-providers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That is not a girl.

None of them. Just use your ISP's DNS. It's usually the quickest option.

Use googles, we all do

Last time I checked OpenNIC was pretty good. Although it can vary since it's completely run by the community.

he could actually pull it off if it wasn't for his haircut and awful clothes

Susceptible to censorship and flat our blocks.

Level 3 has been in the game forever and has never been found to censor or block any domains

github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv

all of them

L3 is being bought by Comcast as we speak though.

Second for OpenNIC. That’s what I’ve been using for the last few months and it has been reliable. Not using DNSCrypt though which is a shame (thanks pfSense).

this
use dnscrypt

OpenNIC

What a cutie pie.
>Which is best upstream DNS server?
The one provided by your ISP.

These guys are correct. OpenNIC is great, and the fastest of all the completely free ones (except for google, but don't use google's DNS servers for obvious reasons). DNS.watch is a close second. Use OpenNIC's anycast servers BTW. Best choice so you don't have to reconfigure your DNS settings any time you move.

source of pic: networkworld.com/article/3194890/internet/comparing-the-performance-of-popular-public-dns-providers.html

why not run your own?
unbound w/dnssec?

Kinda looks like Mr Repzion

you still have to have somebody upstream

he looks like one of my childhood friends, wonder if he fell for the trap meme

i use openDNS.

also, anyone else notice they no longer get captchas at all after switching to pihole? kinda nice.

yeah, the root servers, not any other dns servers if you dont set any forwarding
>Resolver
>Takes a query from a client (either local or over network) and gets the answer, eith by going directly to root DNS servers and working through the DNS tree, or by using configured 'forwarders' to pass the query onto another resolver (similar to the way the stub resolver would).

Maybe if you have a shite ISP and live in Burgerland.

The rest are either botnet options: Google, OpenDNS (Cisco), L3, Norton, or slow and unreliable (openNIC). You can even test it yourself. Ping 8.8.8.8, and then ping your closest openNIC server and see which is quicker.

who is this cutie?

That's a really useful test if you happen to live in the same building as whoever did the test

It's a GNUmale

Is this Femanon? That namefag Femanon

Of those, Level3 is pretty good. But you should just browse to OpenNIC and use some of theirs. Or use Tor DNS.

they go in-depth in the article and made a point of only using anycast servers, so it's as accurate as you're going to get from someone else. anyway, OpenNIC is ideal for those in the US because their servers are spread through key states from the west down to the east coast.

too bad it has about 64% uptime

pihole sucks because it blocks by default some services under false-positive requests so that you can get random errors from EVERYTHING only because that little login client was using some weird address to load latest news and updates in the wndow

rose didn't age too well, I guess.