What do do you use to write java code?

What do do you use to write java code?

Im using vim, but people have been recommending eclipse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JWD1Fpdd4Pc
eclim.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When I did, I used eclipse, netbeans and idea, depending on what the team was already using. I usually try to get my way with *vim (ie. Python with jedi), I just don't care enough about Java, sorry.

eclipse

I use intellij with the vim plugin, but using just vim can be good if you're still in the learning phase.

Use eclim with VIM
Then you basically have VIM with eclipse

In most respects you get what you pay for. Buy Intellij and java isn't half bad to use.

Netbeans was enjoyable.

If you need more from vim, you could try emacs with evil mode.
This video convinced me: youtube.com/watch?v=JWD1Fpdd4Pc

Surprisingly, you can rig up a pretty productive java environment with VS Code. Just install the RedHat Java extensions, maven, git, and rig up a couple shell scripts and you're set.

How about you use a proper ide like a white man, use intellij

Until you use jpa and remember why java is stupid. Fuckin ruins my day at work every time i have to do simple db work in jpa. Bullshit annotation driven crap

idea is good, like it more than eclipse

eclim.org/

IDEA with Vim plugin.
To write Java efficiently you need an Integrated Defecation Environment.

Eclipse is the best because it's very easy to work with libraries and all of the macro stuff not available in any other IDE.

My asshole

Don't bother with eclipse, IntelliJ is way better for Java

notepad++

I use eclipse with the vim plugin.

Programmer's notepad. One very strong advantage of this over similar minimalistic editors is that can run commandline tools (like the java compiler) with very little setup. You don't need install plugin after plugin and wade through a billion tabs and options just to run a simple command.

I just slam my face into the keyboard until it compiles.

Intellij because code-completion is amazing

>Have to access "AlternativeDependencyBuilder"
>type A, then L
>boom there it is

eclim is ok, especially on the go with a remote headless eclipse so it doesn't rape your battery or if you're using a shitty chromebook.

eclipse ui is complete dog shit but the editor does work though.

if you want to be a jet brains shill, there is always intellij idea

otherwise, do you. but using vim alone i doubt you can really go far without having to do a lot of tedious back and forth checking.

>Im using vim

>>I don't have a job

na, stay on vim bro, just learn to use gradle to simplify your builds.

I use IntelliJ since I get the Professional version for free (as all other JetBrains products) with my university email, but I would still use the Community version desu. Community version misses out on Javascript and Database tools, but it still retains what 95% of what you would want to use it for.

True that. All the elite hackers would be using vi which is standard on all *nix machines that way when you're at work and your corporate security sec tells you no cool shit you got vi to save you.