So, broke accidentally ESC key from my chinkpad T420. Is it possible to repair? (broke little tabs from the white part)

So, broke accidentally ESC key from my chinkpad T420. Is it possible to repair? (broke little tabs from the white part)

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopkey.com/BrowseKeys.php/Lenovo
ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Keyboard-KEY-Thinkpad-T400S-T410-T410i-T410s-T420-T420i-T420s-T420si/272552981524?hash=item3f756c7414:g:3YoAAOSwB-1Y4EWW
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sometimes I ask myself if there's a thinkpad general for this?

Some times I ask myself if there's a stupid questions thread for this?

Some times I ask myself, hey I know there's this website called google that can tell me how to replace a keycaps for my thinkpad and youtube tutorials on how to put it back on

sorry but im newfag.

Thanks for the pasta. Maybe one day we can retard-proof this site.

nice image

>he fell for the chinkpad meme

>mfw first laptop was a shitty korean NEC import that i got for 500 from a freind who had a friend that fixed laptops

>multiple keys missing like OP

>learned to type on it in the dark
>knew every key like the back of my hand
>also put up with the power supply tip burning up all the time

>eventually ascended to better computers

haha yes :D threw a book ontop of the keyboard and next thing esc key was on a moon mission

these tiny plastic things are impossible to fix, you probably have to get a new keyboard

>retard proof Sup Forums
you could delete it, apart from that you're shit out of luck.

get a replacement keyboard for $15

i have eu keyboard and its 30$ and im poor student
are you sure no shop sells those things? found few sites but the mechanism dont look like mine.

this :D

at this level you are dealing with bent plastic and metal clips, thin wires, etc.

unless you are really good with handiwork I suspect your keyboard would either break or it would take you a week to properly assemble it again, but I could be wrong

um it looks like this and i need only new white part that has small tabs. no metal is bent.

i need help helping to get the new white part. are the sites that sell invidual keycaps and mechanics? like this laptopkey.com/BrowseKeys.php/Lenovo (not advertisement)

I used this site before to replace my enter key on my x220. was quick and painless, would recommend

>wanting to hide the neckbear
hi leddot

ok good so those websites really deliver the right. im gonna order one from that kind of website

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Keyboard-KEY-Thinkpad-T400S-T410-T410i-T410s-T420-T420i-T420s-T420si/272552981524?hash=item3f756c7414:g:3YoAAOSwB-1Y4EWW
L-07 looks like mine

just superglue the key to the soft bubbly moving part on the keyboard.
it will do, you don't use ESC 600 times a day

just ordered the esc key from ebay. will chink deliver the right part that is mystery XD

The white part is called a scissor switch and I can never get them out cleanly. The tiny plastic tabs break quite easily. Here's hoping the whole shit gets eventually replaced with easy mechanical switches where you can take keycaps off every other second if you want to. It just needs to be less deep than normal to fit into laptops.

the little tabs were already broken thats my problem. took it of and bought new scissor and keycap set. hope i can install it without breaking anything.

if you stop using vim the esc key will heal

Don't listen to this user. Keep using vim but use ctrl+[ instead of escape.

Or map cap-lock to esc if you don't use it.

Post in /tpg/ then

The whole keyboard is replaceable. Go buy a new one Ebay for 15 bucks.