I keep of hear how good Libreboot is because muh freedoms and shit

I keep of hear how good Libreboot is because muh freedoms and shit.

BUT WTF does Libreboot actually do???
How is using it any better than the default bios?
Pls redpill me

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/docs/hardware/
tehnoetic.com/tet-n300db
tehnoetic.com/tet-n450db
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can install hardware your (((proprietary))) BIOS won't let you.
You can skip installing GRUB.
Lets you encrypt your boot partition.
Can prevent BIOS backdoors.
Looks cool af with custom image.

>You can skip installing GRUB.
????

It was made by a tranny faggot. Use coreboot instead.

it's really just coreboot with more toxic devs and less hardware support.

>Le tranny faggot makes cure for cancer

>"but le creator was a tranny faggot, use ibuprofen instead"

Look, retards. The reason why it has less hardware support is because it removes any close source components, or binary blobs.

The only reason why coreboot has more hardware support is because these proprietary parts also often provide that hardware support, but Libreboot is made to be completely debotneted, not just partially debotneted.

It's placebo "i'm safer" shit

Your default bios can spy on you. Libreboot does not.

>completely debotneted
does it support ANY hardware at all?

>going to these lengths to use free software on non-free hardware

It's actually not any better. It just respects your freedoms. If you don't care about that there is no reason to use it.

>It's actually not any better.
Removes the need for bootloader.
Faster POST
Actually gets upgrades compared to proprietary shit that gets 2 updates and abandoned in a year.

It supports C2D thinkpads with atheros wifi chipset, as well as an AMD server board
libreboot.org/docs/hardware/

Librem laptops have skylake and run libreboot.

>run libreboot
Incorrect. They run coreboot.

sure, but why am I going to use it over coreboot?

uefi+efistub+fast boot would be even faster

I have T60 with 3945ABG intel wifi. Will wifi usb dongle compatible with libreboot solve this?
Also I have Intel 82573L Gigabit Eth intel card, but on libreboot page there's no mention about it - will it work?

Um, no.
Libreboot directly loads the kernel (the bootloader is built-into the BIOS), not to mention the fact that it is much much more compact than the abomination that is UEFI.

You know GRUB comes with Libreboot, don't you user?

Looked through the list, so it only supports old hardware? Not even my X230 is supported.

lol get triggered nigger

>it is much much more compact than the abomination that is UEFI
THIS

kek

Trying to install libreboot on compatible laptop with a raspberry pi 3.
The website instruction is a mess.
Has anyone trustworthy actually audited this, or are we just supposed to trust that somehow this person was actually able to make something like this work as intended without any backdoors?

Get librebooting service on ebay.

>Get librebooting service on ebay.
Why the fuck would I want to do that? And that tsill doesnt address this does it.
>Has anyone trustworthy actually audited this, or are we just supposed to trust that somehow this person was actually able to make something like this work as intended without any backdoors?

>anyone trustworthy
>>>>google

when the tranny faggot starts screaming MISOGYNYSSS IN TECH FUCKING WHITE MALE that's when they've lost me and all i see is a whiny tranny faggot, like the rest of the cancer infecting everything these days.

>>>>google
No surprises here. No one actually has, and this could be worse than actual snake oil.

Dev can't even make a proper install tut for reasons, and injects personal identity politics for absolutely no reason.

>use libreboot user
>why arent you using libreboot user
>only ancient chinkpads and chromebooks supported

Yeah, fuck you too

Libreboot? More like "What-Can-It" Boot!

Yes, only old stuff for now. Newer stuff won't work with it, although I heard they were trying to reverse engineer some stuff to get the X220 supported by the end of next month.

You can replace the internal wifi card with one of these:
tehnoetic.com/tet-n300db
tehnoetic.com/tet-n450db
Or you can find a wifi card with the same chipset as these. If you want a dongle, this site also has options for that.

How to set up raspberry pi 3 to libreboot?

>you can skip installing GRUB
There's absolutely no relevant OS that requires you to install GRUB manually.

After Libreboot install, GRUB resides on the flash chip.

Leah is a lying tranny and put up a "pre order" page for librebooted X220s a year ago before someone called her out that she's made no progress whatsoever and has not communicated at all and she subsequently took them down.

I can confirm this. It literally takes all but 10-15 seconds from pressing the power button on my t400 to the desktop and open abrowser.

>Actually gets upgrades compared to proprietary shit that gets 2 updates and abandoned in a year.
Coreboot, or libreboot?
I haven't seen any updates for libreboot since it started.

It's a BIOS replacement that's open source, no blobs (the point of libreboot), and disables backdoors.

There's a ton of shit because muh politics and yeah, the maintainer is a dipshit, but its just coreboot with the blobs taken out. Anybody could do it, really.

It removes the intel ME backdoor on the X200 and T400

>when people speak opinions I don't like, they are wrong.

I bought a x200 for this reason only.