Im about to fall into the hackintosh meme

Im about to fall into the hackintosh meme
loonix is just horrible now.
Windork feels bloated asf

Can anyone tell me experiences with the installation ?

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/125379/en-us
amd-osx.com/
hackintosh.computer/868/hackintosh-sierra-zone-aka-niresh-sierra-guide/
reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/68p1e2/ramblings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/
youtube.com/watch?v=5zVKQ9-Nnh0
archive.is/Vi4Cn
youtube.com/user/Ibrahim7886
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you're lucky it will just werk
if not it'll take a bit of work but once you do it the first time you won't have any problems after that

If you have compatible hardware.
It's just UniBeast and MultiBeast and as straightforward as it gets.

it works fine on a thinkpad t420 and the installation process is "next next next" levels of easy for that device, other than that no idea

check into hardware compatibility. if you have a modern custom computer it should be ok

i5 6600k
NVIDIA 1070GTX

am i good ?

it really depends on your motherboard more than anything

Yup. Most likely, unless you have some really weird NIC or sound chip on your motherboard, but that's unlikely.
You need web Nvidia drivers for 1000 series cards though.

Well it's easier than ever, I'd suggest using Clover as it's easier than the old Tonymacx86 ways.

Just grab the nvidia drivers here and you should be good to go.
nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/125379/en-us

its a shitty msi z170 mortar motherboard

Just use UniBeast to make the USB installation media and boot for the first time.
Then install Clover and driver with MultiBeast and then you can remove the USB drive and you're done.

Google: msi z170 hackintosh
You will see if others have had luck

have a working hackintosh on my AMD Phenom II X6. can't be arsed to boot it up and take a screenie, just take my word for it that it works -- accelerated video, sound, wifi, eth etc etc. shan't be upgrading ever doe

>Im about to fall into the hackintosh meme

best meme to fall for senpai

Nice, AMD is usually the bitcher one to get to work.

It's really a time consuming when something goes wrong with your setup, but when it works it's really worth it.
My motto is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" when using hackintosh. Like for example, since I rarely use brightness buttons, then I don't need to fix those or else I need to take much times to learn how to make those buttons work.

Looks fine to me. You can try it. There are many guides with those hardwares.

amd-osx.com/

gets you headed in the right direction. there is still lots of work on your end, but it is a great place to start

I used to have to disable Nvidia (using nv_disable) on Yosemite in order to get the machine to boot initially. Once you get the web driver installed, then it's good. The web drivers were always bound to a specific OSX version, so you could never just grab updates without checking to see if the web driver had also been updated. This might have changed, as the problem was the OS not support 900 and 1000 series Nvidia cards.

But pascal is already supported since Sierra.

Only with web drivers.

Fair enough.

Are there pre build macos vm‘s available to setup a Hackintosh usb stick with?
Im not gonna pay some greedy cunt 25€ on eBay, for sth that cost him almost nothing.

It's just making fact you spend you money wrong fancy.

Sounds like it cost him time, effort, and knowledge you don't have. If you attach any kind of premium to your time, setting up a suitable VM yourself would certainly cost more than 25€.

DO NOT USE THESE SHIT
pretty good
just worked for me.
1. make a usb image of the os x
2. download clover, fakesmc, your ethernet, applealc and lilu kexts
3. install clover on usb
4. boot, install osx, install clover on the main hd and copy the kexts
it just works

>DO NOT USE THESE SHIT
*beast uses Clover now, not the shitty chameleon it used before. It basically just automates those steps you described. It's probably the way to go

They do exist, but you might have to look for a very old version. It doesn't really matter what version you download, as your goal is just to download the latest version from the store, run installation from the terminal onto the USB, and then install something like Clover onto the EFI partition.

macOS best OS ever made

Plz do not confuse me TY.
Im lurking this page . Seems ok
hackintosh.computer/868/hackintosh-sierra-zone-aka-niresh-sierra-guide/

Installed El Capitan on my 2570p and the backlight turns off and freezes when I lower it all the way. Otherwise it works well enough. Trying to get imessage working

>hackintosh.computer
nice unironic botnet
pretty much the only non shit hackintosh forum in the anglosphere is /r/hackintosh (inb4 leddit)

Of course, just search for 'mac vmware image' on thepiratebay.

>in the anglosphere
Interesting, so there are large non-English hackintosh communities? Can you tell me more?

>DO NOT USE THESE SHIT
Seems like you haven't used them in a while.
They come with up to date drivers and Clover, you really say a newbie shouldn't use them? Elitist much?

russia has applelife, they developed clover and parts of fakesmc.

enlighten me the source senpai please :-(

Works best if you do a recommended build off of Tony Mac, Mac was actually easier and quicker to install than Windows.

If you're going to use an existing system check Tony Mac for people that also used that set up for trouble they had. Audio, graphics, and wifi will probably be your biggest issues.

You only have to setup a VM once. After that you can shit out dozens of sticks.

All I know that Chinese, Japanese, Russian, and Germany communities are pretty big. The one who contribute the most to the hackintosh community are Russian and Anglos though.

Tonymacx86 is good to go for post-installation.
For installation, I recommend lurk to leldit or github.

How do you get an osx Iso? dosn't it needs to be attached to an apple account?

Apple store.
Or if you're brave enough, get it from rutracker.

Unless it changed that much since I did mine, you only need an apple account to login to the app store and download the generic iso.

But again, unless something changed you should have no problem snagging an iso off a torrent site.

Thanks! gonna check if my laptop is compatible

Go fuck apple in the ass use Linux tho!

There are some distributions of MacOS out there like Niresh and iATKOS.
You have to pay bitcoin for iATKOS while Niresh is free. Distros usually come with a lot of extra shit but are usually more convenient since you (mostly) don't have to go out hunting for drivers.

Use a premade VM (download virtualbox and use a premade vm image) then use a USB drive of at least 8GB and pass it to the guest VM and from there download macOS and setup the usb with clover and the macOS installer
Unironically this leddit guide is the best out there:
reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/68p1e2/ramblings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/

This is the only ideal way to set up a hackintosh. iATKOS and Niresh have been reported by some people to be malicious (although I can't really confirm this). And tonymac software use outdated and mostly wrong drivers causing problems on your install.

Is out there any guide for this?
> Specially for a T420

I'd like to install OSX on muh T420 too

Literally just look for a guide. There are tons available for the T420.

>I'd like to install OSX on muh T420 too
Have you thought of Googling for it?
Or even posting a question on a board that deals with hackintoshes? (Oooh, scary).

Hackitosh is the shit! macOS is a fantastic OS. Macs are overpriced computers for normies who don't know any better. I'm angry at myself for not doing this sooner.

They seem to work very well on ThinkPads, especially models like the X220. I'd like to try it on my W530 one day perhaps.

Any guides on the Inspiron 7579? Some fag put up this youtube.com/watch?v=5zVKQ9-Nnh0 without linking anything.

>speaks about memes
>uses memes to argue
yep you retarded

archive.is/Vi4Cn

If you use a USB audio device and intel graphics you will have zero problems. A supported nvidia card will work, you just have to update the drivers every time there's an OS X update (minor updates)

Onboard audio can be a pain in the ass, especially with even minor OS updates, but a USB sound dongle will just work without any fuss.

this

I'd love to fall in the hackintosh meme if only the font rendering is not so shit on 1080p, had better window management, and mouse support.

It failed for me. But follow the installation guides and consider your hardware. Tonymac site has a decent database of recent compatible hardware, and remember High Sierra is new too.
And you will use a tool called clover configurator probably.
youtube.com/user/Ibrahim7886
For a paki this guy is pretty smart, and his 3 videos on clover configurator are a godsend, I don’t know anywhere else to learn what you’re doing with hackintosh as easy. Other people have better installation videos I think tho, but I reccomend this guy anyways

>the font rendering is not so shit on 1080p
It looks great on my hackintosh'd laptop, then again the display is 14 inch.
>had better window management
Fair enough, though I don't really care about this.
>mouse support
I don't know what are you talking about. I don't have any problems with using my logitech M337.