What am I doing wrong guys? I'd tried all these modern meme editors like Atom...

What am I doing wrong guys? I'd tried all these modern meme editors like Atom, Visual Studio Code and Sublime yet I still have returned to Vim. None of the aforementioned editors offered me more comfyness then my Vim.

Good choice OP
I think vi or vim is good to learn because it's everywhere. For all you niggers shilling all these bloated editors, what's gonna happen if you have to do stuff on a server? It's not gonna have your precious VScode or Sublime. Hell, it probably won't even have X installed! You should know at least the basics of vi or vim so that you will have a highly portable skill that can be applied to just about any Unix or Unix-like computer.

Nothing.
Vim is unironically the best editor.

this so much
It's fast and does the job
Vim fits your necessities and customs while other editors are just being "used"
And the keybindings are intuitive
I use them for internet browsing, browsing files (in ranger), managing a music player and using i3
You even can change bash and zsh to use vi bindings

Vim is the editor of a lifetime

Same

Based OP

>then

Nano?

Autism isn't wrong, OP.

why would i want to use a text editor that i cant exit?

LINE RETURN MEME
FEED

emacs -nw

damn it and my ssh sync plugin in sublime text

geg, thad would have been ebin :---D
But no, sincerly. I wanna build such a keyboard just to get the full Vim Experience™

>comfy
please return to reddit

I tried to like Atom more. It's okay. I tried to like Sublime more. It's a little better than okay. I don't care about VS Code. (neo)Vim is just the best.

Can/should a complete programming beginner use vim?

I don't see why not. You will have to spend a little time learning how to use it, tho.

However do know it won't make you a better programmer -- it will, however, make you more efficient.

give it a try, start with vimtutor

Idon't understand how modern normies use computers without a meme button. It's absolutely essential to my workflow.

According to my father, who has been working in IT for over a decade, nano is not guaranteed to be on every server.

Yeah well according to my father who's been working in IT for more than TWO decades, you're a faggot