Thoughts on using a Linux Distro such as Kali Linux as a main OS? How does it compare to using mint or arch?

Thoughts on using a Linux Distro such as Kali Linux as a main OS? How does it compare to using mint or arch?

>using root for daily tasks
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
that's a good one
>install gentoo
install any tools you would be "xD hacker"
on any other distro.
Get the fuck out I know you don't belong here

If you have to ask this don't do it

It's not a "Main OS" you fucking knob.

Install debian and then learn how to install everything that comes with Kali

Like any other fucking distro because it's just downstream shit with a few different packages out of the box

Only a retard would use kali as a daily desktop os.

If you want to use kali as a main distro you are missing the point completely

Kali is supposed to be on an easily disposable usb bootable drive

install gentoo

I find it so strange that there are so many people who want to run this as their main OS, and even think that it should be used that way. Seriously why?

I really don't see a difference in the OS's personally.

>Which runs better?
>Best features
>Best ricing capabilities
>Best for gaming
lol
>Best for claiming on a Otaku imageboard that you use to make yourself look like king neckbeard.
Did I say that too loud?

Shut up kid.

Just stop posting...

I started with Kali

Depends on how familiar you are with Linux, if you're a beginner just get Back-box (Ubuntu with pentest shit)

If you know Debian (What Kali is based of) like the back of your hand, go for it

use blackarch or pentoo, kali is a meme distro

Kail is for Pentesting - not a full main OS dude !! - Set up a dual boot or VM

>Says Kali is meme
>Recommends Pentoo

I only use Kali. It's just like any other Debian distro. Not sure why you'd ask this instead of just doing it.

Go for it OP, it's also my main OS as well. Btw, I also drive a tank to work.

the larper thread is this way

Looking to install and try gentoo. What is the best guide for it? Hahha

>"Main OS" you fuckin
yes it is. Ive used it as my daily driver for a couple years now and have never had any issues with stability or compatibility.

imagine making an armory your home

it's quite unstable. you shouldn't install it as a main os, unless you want to reinstall every second week or so.

Borderline retarded.

Use it for pentesting only, not as a main OS, as others have said.
Default root access alone is crazy enough to prevent it from being a viable main OS.

>tfw I remember being 16 and thinking I would use Backtrack as my main OS

>Thoughts on using a Linux Distro such as Kali Linux as a main OS?
It's like using a turnip harvester as your main car. It's not what it's intended to do, you have to be very careful so that you don't hurt yourself, you are going to annoy the public if they ever have to deal with your autism and most people would not consider the discomfort to be worth it. It takes a special kind of idiot to use Kali Linux as a main OS. It's supposed to be installed on a USB and used when there is pen-testing which need to be done. And only by people who don't want to shit up their main OS with pen-testing software.

No idea what people are going on about. Create a non root user and you're fine. Kali is just Debian with actual drivers and some pentest tools, so there isn't much of a problem with using it.

The same, i use at main since two years, it's stable and works just like another distro.
I use it for launching my virtual machines, it's just like any other debian distro, the only difference is the integrated tools.
I don't understand the
>mumumumuh only usb live
>mumumuh not mean to be used at main
wtf if i want to do pentest on a thing which is not mine i launch it in live usb in virtualbox that's all, but at main distro it's just a fuckin debian and it's fun to pentest the virtual machines from it.
It's a good distro if you know what you do.
Just gksu -u your firefox if you're at root.
Never had problem (problems are the same than debian problems, exactly the same)