It's OK for me to steal this meat, I wasn't going to pay for it anyway

>It's OK for me to steal this meat, I wasn't going to pay for it anyway.
It's almost the weekend which you'll spend torrenting software and games. Yet no one has ever been able to figure out how to justify that it isn't literally exactly the same as stealing.

Copyright infringement is stealing. Even the GPL wouldn't be possible without copyright. Free Software is protected by the same ideas as everything else. You're a hypocrite if you think companies should respect the GPL but you don't have to respect copyright on other works.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/is-the-xbox-one-unhackable.464089/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>copying meat while leaving the original untouched
please teach me your ways OP

>Yet no one has ever been able to figure out how to justify that it isn't literally exactly the same as stealing.
Yet no one has ever been able to figure out how to properly justify that it is exactly the same as stealing.

no one really gives a shit lol, pirates will keep pirating and you wont change that lmao

Piracy LITERALLY isn't stealing. And it isn't copyright infringement either. It's piracy.

Oh look it's THIS thread again.

Pillaging on the high seas and copying data are two entirely different things

Actually games will be unpirateable in the future

>stealing
Removing something from the possession of its owner.
>Copyright infringement
Profiting from copyrighted ideas.
>piracy
Copying a file.

Do you think I contemplate the moral ramifications of flipping to the cold side of the pillow? No one cares nerd.

Actually games are unplayable now. They are shittty walking simulators with pressing f button.

People have been telling that for 20 years. Many multiplayer-only games are unpirateable though, or rather not worth pirating.

>people pirate software
>copy protection gets introduced
>people crack protection after a while
>new protection feature gets introduced
>people crack...
if this back and forth showed anything, it's that the only uncracked stuff is what nobody is interested in.

but yeah, you already see the market shifting, AAA games get online features to justify always on. And the real money is made through lootboxes or shark cards

Fuck off shill

releasing games on PC is unprofitable. i don't know why game devs continue to do it instead of just releasing them exclusively on the consoles which are unhacked.

>consoles
>not hacked
have a (you)

>Being this wrong
>Being this stupid

gbatemp.net/threads/is-the-xbox-one-unhackable.464089/

gib ps4 hack!

The Xbox brand is more and more becoming a W10 system, and something not being hacked yet doesn't mean never will be. It is also not the only system, and if I were to list "psp" and "DS" and other systems you'd probably move the goal posts. I don't feel like playing that game, but it's safe to say you're wrong

>justify that it isn't literally exactly the same as stealing
No, it's not, and every time you claim that you sound like a fat blue haired dyke calling everything rape because "it sounds harsher".

Piracy is indeed illegal and a crime, but you're using the wrong name to describe it on purpose, and all you will do is create more pirates with this stupid behavior.

>It's almost the weekend which you'll spend torrenting software and games.
???????

Of course. Optical media is obsolete, so there is no reason to ship boxed games on ships. Thus they can't be stolen by somali pirates.

well i have a friend in russia who says no one owns consoles because they are forced to then buy the games so everyone there just games on PC

I'm dropping from torrenting shit from the web though. I had a trojan alert on my Windows 10 box today about blah blah blah svchost.exe is pretty pwned nigger, so I'm gonna have to format that box and use trusted sources from now on and wipe my archive and redownload genuine shit. I like free games, but I'm not dealing with viruses and shit and having my info leaked n shit.

I'll probably just go back to Win7 Pro anyways, Windows 10 is just garbage down to its very very core.

I'm sure your friend is the only credible source on the scene. Nevermind the GameCube hacks and free games through things like dios mio or whenever it's called, DS hacks and being able to download games for free right from Nintendo servers. Similar things happen for psp as well, I believe. Luckily, consoles/most new games are utter garbage

>believing what a low tier non-scene chink group says about the future of cracking

>Believing this trash/lie

?

The only thing I don't like about piracy is the reaction companies did in response as described by You can't really blame them though, it's the best model for getting the best profit in this climate of gamers who pirate any thing they can. In the end whatever a company does, it does it for maximizing profits.

Typical Mexican
She's stealing foodstamps from you, the taxpayer too

>he ACTUALLY uses the term (((piracy))) to describe his actions
fucking sad

But I pay for all media, games, etc. I consume, op

>being this much of a brainlet
If I buy a nice picture and then trace said picture using my own paper, and then give said traced artwork to another person, did that person just steal a painting?

Well done

Please step away from the computer, immediately stop reposting this thread, and end yourself in a sexually scatologically humiliating manner.

copying != stealing

>Yet no one has ever been able to figure out how to justify that it isn't literally exactly the same as stealing.
The US Supreme Court did following a discussion among many businessmen, lawyers, and economist.
Their opinion is the only one that matters since the idea of anti-piracy comes from USA.
>Copyright infringement is stealing.
Saying so in court is a fineable offense.

Copyright doesn't have a monopoly on advancement, advancement existed long before the notion of copyright ever came to be.

Also it's not stealing if it's pirating from filthy foreigners, it's conquest.

who cares

If we could Jesus the shit out of food and just multiply it miraculously with nearly no effort whatsoever, giving a copy of whatever food you have to family members, neighbours or even random strangers who forgot their food would be literally basic social politeness.

Because it'd be the most efficient approach to feeding society.

>Because it'd be the most efficient approach to feeding society.
Nope.
The most efficient approach is taxing overweight people for being fat pigs who eat beyond what their body needs and leave a major carbon footprint due to their obesity,
and put that money into a food ration project which distributes daily rations of a healthy nutritional combo meal which is enough for survival and preserving proper health to the registered poor and homeless.
It's a distribution problem which only lacks a funding system, and fat ham galaxies are the best justified source of funding.

central planning to the rescue. it failed every other time but I have a feeling about this idea.

>talking about software piracy
>unlimited food analogy
>regurgitates middle school interpretation of economic planning taken from a random shitpost on Sup Forums
>something about fat people

lol

wat?